World Final General Discussion Thread

2010 Need for Speed World
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: World Final General Discussion Thread

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Servers are back up, the new cars should be up now.

BTW Elven, I assumed that the canyons were coming at the same time as the cars because of their 'new content' post a while back that inferred they would be, I guess they will now be coming in the next few weeks.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Seems like the patch failed big time.

According to official World forums, both BMW's and Porsche are rent only, the Porsche sux, M3 E92 is extremely buggy, Lancer Evo X sux as well, and Supra is the only acceptable car.

And that "Race Now" function seems to be buggy too. And not every pursuit breaker respawns, too.

Hopefully they will fix that, but rage topics have appeared already. :lol:
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

game is laggy and the supra is expensive :(
Instagram @SupraHKS
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

anyone tested supra ? how is the handling? i heard it is faster than elise and got a quite good acceleration.
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Rizur
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Rizur »

I have street pack Supra and it really isn't the best car to drive. Handling gets understeering at high speeds and it doesn't have good acceleration. Top speed is decent, 261km/h on free roam and I heard with pro pack it's close to 300km/h. Really not a car to use in races but it's not bad in pursuits. I could say that the best thing about the Supra is its looks :)
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

that's why i got mine :P
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Rizur wrote:I have street pack Supra and it really isn't the best car to drive. Handling gets understeering at high speeds and it doesn't have good acceleration. Top speed is decent, 261km/h on free roam and I heard with pro pack it's close to 300km/h. Really not a car to use in races but it's not bad in pursuits. I could say that the best thing about the Supra is its looks :)
Then im going to buy RX-7, as far as i recall, RX-7 is 130k, and Supra is 260k, i'm tempted by the high top speed but bad acceleration and bad handling at high speeds(important for me) is rather too much of a flaw to ignore.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

if u don't want supra, i recommend z34.
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

z34? is it 370z? i'm using it for now. i got 2 cars RX-7 and 370z but i plan to sell it to buy supra for a try. If supra sucks badly i'll buy back my RX-7.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Yeah the z34 is the 370Z I think.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

T0MMY wrote:z34? is it 370z? i'm using it for now. i got 2 cars RX-7 and 370z but i plan to sell it to buy supra for a try. If supra sucks badly i'll buy back my RX-7.
Yes, it's the 370z. The thing you planning is a bit of money waster, buy a car, sell it if you don't like and buy another .. reselling cars is not a good deal.
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

I've wasted 200k i think, 100k on T1 cars because the lock was not eliminated yet and i was looking for the best T1 car. I sold my 370z once (accidently) and bought it back again. I like supra and i will give it a try. what i know i wont be having enough money to buy a T3 when i reach level 30. Btw there isn't any nice T3 cars now though.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Played a bit again, but got ticked off by rammers and traffic magnets.

That and invisible spikestrips.

Seriously, people use juggernaut just so they can ram me/someone harder. The moment i got in front and out of their ramming range, i got spammed with 5 traffic magnets at once.

But it seems like recently every single racer had something to do with powerups, or ramming. Excluding F1 2010.

But atleast i got about 3300$ from reward cards and another 3k from races and pursuits.

And then those invisible spikestrips. I didnt notice i had 4 tires punctured until about 3-4 seconds after driving over a strip, because thats when my car started slowing down.

Then the brilliant police AI carried my car around the place for good 15 seconds before they stopped.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Just use juggernaut or shield against traffic magnet. Then it kinda loses it's kick :)
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

juggernault is the best way to avoid those magnets in tight roads. if it is a wide road i'll just dodge them.

i think NFS World need a no collusion race mode, really sucks when being ram all the time.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

I'm @ 31 and didn't had money to buy a t3 car. Now i won't rush anyway, gonna buy all the cars i like. Capped with 40k $ atm, but saving for Evo X and later on I'll buy the GTR, as i wanted.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Bojan wrote:Just use juggernaut or shield against traffic magnet. Then it kinda loses it's kick :)
Im able to avoid it most of time, but sometimes its just too much. Most of time i get targeted by 7 people, constant magnets. Another problem is that you have to use more of juggernaut and shield, because you get attacked by 7 other players, while they just use one magnet each.

Hopefully some no collision mode is implemented.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Been playing the entire w/end! That "Race Now" feature is very effective, finds out races with good rewards, even if the race has 2 players.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

People cannot drive worth a shiznit these days... Rammers all over the place. Plus, there are so many of them that leveling up is nearly improbable.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Trudat!

Just bought another T2 car - Cayman S. Got to say it handles great, great acceleration and topspeed. Has the guts to keep up with the mighty Elise. Saving money for a T3 car now and when i'm @ lvl 45, I'll buy Evo X - another great car, a bit expensive, but with the pro kit, kills the road!

Still got the Supra, buying pro kit atm doesn't worth, I'll wait for the new content and then upgrade, since Supra will be great for co-op pursuits.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

I've been pretty inactive on World, just waiting for the content updates - circuit and sprint have worn me out...need some new modes! Hopefully canyon duels will come along at the same time they introduce the canyons.

Grabbed the 370Z at level 15, thinking I should've just grabbed the 350Z at 5 levels earlier...it's not that much better. Definitely gonna grab that Elise soon though.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I got worn out way earlier, im nearly level 9 and to be honest, the 5 new cars aren't even reachable for me.
I got barely 30k money, i need 100k more for a RX-7, and then i need to tune it.

That means i probably need like 70 more races to get 1 CAR, and then about 20 to UPGRADE it.

Oh my god are you serious?

No other NFS game required you to grind THAT much.

Unless there is some really, really cheap content to keep me occupied, there's no real reason for me to keep playing and not just go play NFS Underground for example. Or any other NFS available on PC.

I mean seriously i can't even bother myself because i know that at best i will get 1-2 clean races and the remaining will be rammerfest.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Meh. I'll keep going. I will admit, though, that the doing the same races for cash is getting tedious.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
_BLAHHEAD_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by _BLAHHEAD_ »

Damn, blown the last of my money for a car that everyone can afford, just so I can have a good base to work on for the World Challenge. Money is so hard to get in this game, it feels so much like a chore to get. At least the new car is turning out great in terms of visuals...
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

What car did you buy? Tier 1 I'm assuming?

Return to “World”