World Final General Discussion Thread

2010 Need for Speed World
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Re: World Final General Discussion Thread

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Any other tier than 1 is (insert a way too big amount) of races and pursuits to do before you are able to afford a car.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Yeah I was just wondering what car he was designing :wink:
_BLAHHEAD_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by _BLAHHEAD_ »

I brought a 240sx. Probably not the most unique car to get, but I wanted to tune one and so I went for it :D
_BLAHHEAD_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by _BLAHHEAD_ »

Sorry to double post, but I has great news!
We are very excited to announce three new regions and 25 new race events will be added to Need for Speed World tonight! You'll now be able to race through classic Need for Speed territory revisiting Rockport, Fortuna and Kempton. For those of you who've driven these streets before we can guarantee you'll never have seen the cities looking as good as they do now. The World team have spent months going through the maps and tuning every element of the cities to bring a whole new level of detail to the game.

As well as the new regions we've included 25 new races spread across great new Sprint and Circuit events. New leaderboards will be available so you can show off your skills to the whole racing World.

This is just the first in a series of very cool updates we've got planned for World so stayed tuned and we'll see you on the streets.
from: http://www.needforspeed.com/post/new-re ... peed-world
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

OMG! I just e-mailed Bojan about it!
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

JIZZ!!!! Guess I'm getting back into World :P I don't remember that island that's in the main pic though, anyone know where that is?
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Western Fortuna.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

^haha, i thought it was Fortuna, wasn't sure which part though.

It just amazes me how they can get 3 parts of the map ready in a bit longer time than 5 cars, and how map updates come out more often than car updates...

But now i don't know if i should look forward to rest of my favorite cars appearing in World. Last 5 added cars performance was kind of disappointing...
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Well I don't know if this is new or just something that I missed, but you can now buy cars using Speedboost!

This is only available on NFS World's website (http://world.needforspeed.com/store/cars). I haven't seen this feature before, so I think it is something new. It is a great idea IMO, especially because I have a lot of Speedboost for free. :mrgreen: Renting cars is cool, but you cannot tune them, and normal cars are very expensive, so this alternative is very nice if you really want a particular car but have no money for it (in my case it would take MONTHS to buy a Tier 3 car).

I immediately bought an Audi R8 for 4,500 SB. It is much cheaper than in game, and now I finally have my favorite car in the garage, ready for some tuning. I just don't know if I have to reach a certain Level to be able to use it. I'm trying to enter World right now but the client is downloading an update of 373 MB. :evil: I'll let you know if these cars can be used at any Level or just when you reach the Level when they would normally unlock.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Yea it came unannounced with the latest content pack. Bought me an Elise for 2100. Had to buy 3500 speedboost for 10EUR though.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

It is weird they didn't announce this. It is good you posted it on the main page, this is a very interesting feature IMO.

Btw I already drove the R8. It doesn't matter the Level you are, you buy the car, it is yours. The updates are not unlocked though, in my case just at Level 40. But I don't care, I just want to drive that beauty. :mrgreen:
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

I think you guys might want to see the picture I've attached.It's to do with the road leading out of Rockport. But I'm not going to spoil the surprise for you guys, lets just say that you're going to be like this: :o (or not) when you see it. I've circled it so you know what it is.

I think it's really cool that they're going to add this sometime soon although it will probably take some time.
Attachments
Tri City1.jpg
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Nice find! Don't neccessarily think that that infers that it's going to out too soon, but it shows that expanding the map beyond Carbon/Most Wanted is on the cards for them. Also, this would come before any more map expansions as the UG series maps would be further along the line in priority as they have more work that would needed to be done on them.

I haven't played on the new areas, but I think that if they were to add (later down the track of course) Bayview, and then maybe Olympic City, that it would be important for the preservation of the cities that while they do update it to the new graphics engine that they don't make to many core or industrial changes to the place.

I mean, even with the map they have now, yeah it's the same place and the roads are the same etc., but in some places they've made so much of an update that it no longer actually feels like the city we drove through in the original games.

With this in mind, there would be a lot more work having to be done to a city like Bayview for it to be included in World and it's engine. That's why I hope that in the circumstance that they create it later in the games timespan, that they try and keep everything as close to the original city as possible. Like updating it to the engine is all well and good, but the actually buildings and atmosphere of the map should be kept identical.

Just my opinion, obviously this doesn't really apply to Tri-City as it's already basically up to date with the World engine and could theoretically be placed straight into the game without any major work having to be done. Even less reason for them to go around messy around with the design of that city as well.

Thanks to everyone that bothered reading my long comment :P

BTW: My thoughts on the order of new map updates:

(If any areas from Most Wanted/Carbon are still not in the game then they're obviously number 1.)

1. Canyons
2. Tri-City
3. Bayview
4. Olympic City
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Yeah. I totally agree, Houben.

Offtopic: You want a rematch of College Mall?
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Sure, I'd be happy to extend my winning streak to 2 on you, but I'm still to download the latest updates - my internet is ridiculously slow right now - f.e. tried to download the 377mb patch last night, after several hours, the grand download total stood at: 3.35mb :roll:
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:Sure, I'd be happy to extend my winning streak to 2 on you, but I'm still to download the latest updates - my internet is ridiculously slow right now - f.e. tried to download the 377mb patch last night, after several hours, the grand download total stood at: 3.35mb :roll:
That really is slow. Anyway, I agree with you in that they wouldn't have to make many changes to Tri-City but then there could be a problem in how many events they have there as the map is fairly large.

Either way, with Tri-City added, imagine how big World's map will be :shock: .
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

I haven't played Undercover actually, but by having a quick google I can see the map is quite large.

Either way though, it's not like creating the race events within the world would be much of a task...they could put a whole heap of tracks together in a very short amount of time, it doesn't seem that hard.

E: I had another look at the Tri-City map, it's big obviously, but there are big gaps in it, so it's not like it's that many roads.

With the introduction of this map we should see the acceleration/top speed cars take an advantage on the long straight(er) tracks, maybe less of a dominance of the Lotus in tier 2 perhaps?

A link to the Tri-City map if anyones interested - http://nfsaddons.com/screenshots/underc ... p_1024.jpg
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I'm curious how would Tri-city look in World's "not so blinding" graphics.

Makes me wonder...Maybe some day we will also see Seacrest County from Hot Pursuit in World?

But i think it will take a lot of time...converting Tri-city to World.

I prefer that they introduce whole Tri-city at once when(if?) Tier 4 cars are ready, rather than now. Imagine those long highways. Now take your Dodge Charger from Tier 1 and try to drive through them almost as fast as 200 km/h.

:-"

But with current prices of Tier 3 cars, i'm afraid you will never be able to buy a Tier 4 car :(
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

What sort of cars would you expect in tier 4? Yeah maybe Bugatti/Zonda - other top end supercars, but I don't think EA would really want the game to be taken over by those rides...I would think that they might extend to some top end tier 3's above the stats of the current rides, but not create a tier 4.

Oh yeah, and why would you think it would take so long to bring Tri-City into World?
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

T3 cars aren't worth the money, not until you are 40+, simply they aren't competitive as they should, not until you are a higher level.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:What sort of cars would you expect in tier 4? Yeah maybe Bugatti/Zonda - other top end supercars, but I don't think EA would really want the game to be taken over by those rides...I would think that they might extend to some top end tier 3's above the stats of the current rides, but not create a tier 4.

Oh yeah, and why would you think it would take so long to bring Tri-City into World?
Its huge, even if there's lots of water in between, it would probably still require retexturing the whole thing so it fits in.
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:tier 4? maybe Bugatti/Zonda - other top end supercars, but I don't think EA would really want the game to be taken over by those rides...I would think that they might extend to some top end tier 3's above the stats of the current rides, but not create a tier 4.
The Zonda, 220 mph (352kph) as a tier 4 car was mentioned in one of the older Ask Marc videos.
bring Tri-City into World?
The current map uses coordinates for objects in the game (x, y, z, slope, ...) and the range of those coordinates is nearly reached within the current map. Unless the coordinate system is completely re-done, they can't add any more large areas to the exsisting map. Instead the Rockport Turnpike is planned to be a teleport link to a second and separate map.

It would make more sense to convert Undergound 2's Bayview, since it's similar in scale to NFS World. However I read that the polygon count is less so they'll need to update this during conversion.

I'm really not sure if they'll add anything else to the map other than Carbon's canyons and perhaps the drift tracks someday.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Well they can have the canyon drift on the Carbon canyons. But does that explain the Tri-City sign that Racemaniac posted? It seems as though it would be on the cars with that hint.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Hah, i tried to buy some speedboost earlier today with the whole SMS system thing, and realised i ...don't remember my phone number. Yeah, if anyone ever(right, as if that would happen these days....) asks me for my phone number....well lets just say it doesn't go well. :lol:

I expected something like "SMS on XXXX to buy speedboost"
I wasn't prepared #-o

Anyway, since i wanted to buy one of the 2 available tier 1 cars(Charger and Scirocco)....

Any opinions about those 2 cars? Good and bad sides? Useful in pursuits?
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Charger is as it was in Carbon. Good acceleration, but hella-twitchy.
Scirocco, pretty decent handling, but good luck beating T1 Nissans with it.

Return to “World”