[important] Level 10 cap is now removed!

2010 Need for Speed World
shinjeon9
Ricer
Ricer

[important] Level 10 cap is now removed!

Post by shinjeon9 »

More here:
http://www.needforspeed.com/post/need-s ... -free-play

Quick Facts:
-now anyone can enjoy the game without Starter Pack
-more features to come (especially night mode and new maps)
-anyone who buy Starter Pack will recieve a little gift in form of 7-day rental voucher for one of these : BMW M3 GTR, Lamborghini Gallardo LP670, and Audi R8 4.2 FSI Quattro.
Last edited by shinjeon9 on 10 Sep 2010, 04:48, edited 1 time in total.
The only risk is if there is no risk at all.
BesiX
Stock
Stock

Re: [important] Level 10 cap is now removed!

Post by BesiX »

aka a complete rip-off for the people that actually bought the starter pack. Rentals as compensation is NOT done. That's like headbutting the whole Starter Pack group.
joablo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by joablo »

i bet they will price tag the updates instead..
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

The removal of the level cap is not the issue. The stater pack players are mostly upset that they are getting 7 day tier 3 rentals instead something more useful for the $20 they paid for the game. EA may change what the starter pack players will get. A duplicate of the post I made in the free to play thread at ea forums:

- - - a summary of this thread so far - - -

The number one complaint is being compensated with tier 3 rentals which aren't very useful to most starter pack players.

The number one request here is for more car slots.

- - - is speed boost going away? - - -

With the recent change in drop rates, players now get powerups at a rate that seems to eliminate the need to ever buy speed boost unless EA creates some new content and/or feature that is exclusive to speed boost (which would upset players once again).

- - - regarding more car slots - - -

I want more car slots for all players, both free to play and starter pack players. This may already be in the works based on the ask mark videos.

- - - regarding starter pack rewards - - -

Permanent rep and cash amplifiers.

More skill points (not more levels), perhaps 10 or 20 more skill points. The current 49 skill points a player gets by reaching level 50 already is enough to maximize all performance related skills, so these extra skill points would not result in an unfair advantage in races, but could be used for amplifiers or explore skills. However many players are asking for the ability to redistribute skill points (a skill undo/unlearn feature), and if this is done, more skill points would still be useful, but a bit less so.
shinjeon9
Ricer
Ricer

Post by shinjeon9 »

Well, we can't expect much from EA, especially from EA Black Box, as you know.
But who knows? Maybe the updates will feature a bunch of features we don't know yet...
The only risk is if there is no risk at all.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

What you mean an uninstall button?
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Kaerar wrote:What you mean an uninstall button?
He means something like "re-skill".

So after we are 50 level we can click it and choose our skills/abilities again.

As for more garage space, imho first content then garage space, for now there is not much incentive in garage space. There's not much customization, so why buy several cars, and then most of time its best to buy That One Best car in tier 1/2/3 and be done with it. Hopefully new updates will change it.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

I know, I was being droll. Also still pissed off that there's no Aussie servers. Can't be bothered wasting my time skipping forward and backwards due to lag and annoying everyone else in a collision race.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Kaerar wrote:I know, I was being droll. Also still pissed off that there's no Aussie servers. Can't be bothered wasting my time skipping forward and backwards due to lag and annoying everyone else in a collision race.
Its not like i have a better situation on EU servers.

Just that instead of me lagging, we get some 3 min waiting for a race, then 3 min to pick a card, and everything loads so damn long including 5 minute loading for HUD...think im gonna get a cool screenie soon with no hud :D
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

The difference is you can actually play the game close to how it was intended with just long slow menu's. I get the crap in race too so along with slow menus I get massive delay and ghosting all race. Thing is I had less issues when I raced on NA Central in Underground over Dial-up, not to mention less ghosting...
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Kaerar wrote:The difference is you can actually play the game close to how it was intended with just long slow menu's. I get the crap in race too so along with slow menus I get massive delay and ghosting all race. Thing is I had less issues when I raced on NA Central in Underground over Dial-up, not to mention less ghosting...
Good old Underground days :(

Anyway i hope they launch a server for you guys too, playing on EU or NA servers from Australia is impossible, or rather pointless because its hard to enjoy a racing game when everyone jumps around....

But at this rate....well lets just wait for them to actually do anything.

Return to “World”