Did I make a mistake ?

2010 Need for Speed World
Wolfseye
Ricer
Ricer

Did I make a mistake ?

Post by Wolfseye »

After starting out with the Toyota Eclipse, when I had the money finally, I bought myself the Dodge Charger (just a classic!) and sold my Toyota. Now I feel like this was my biggest mistake. Top speed is close to the usual car but the acceleration ain't really the hit. I am hardly winning a single race anymore since then. Will take more forever to get the necessary money to buy another car. Is it better to start over with a new Profile instead of continueing that way. I reached level 8 by now.

Any tips would be appreciated.
acbx
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Did I make a mistake ?

Post by acbx »

I think you mean the Mitsubishi Eclipse? :)

Anyways imo you should just continue, or if you want start over, your choice. Then again I have the charger and its a nice car, only bought it to make it look like a cop only to find out I was limited to 31 layers so I'm missing some police text. :(

---------------If you don't want losing and want to get a good car before racing again I'd suggest doing 5-6 min pursuits(since its capped at that time, unfortunately) until you get enough money/level, then when you have the car you like with the necessary upgrades, start racing again. :D

I personally stopped doing online races because of the derby that happens most of the time in races, but if you do a good start(i have that nos start thingy or w/e) and get out of everyones way and stay in front in races, then the races become like a walk in the park, well at least for me it is. Just have to watch out for traffic magnet that the opponents pull on you. :!:

edit; oops, now it says classic charger. :)
Last edited by acbx on 14 Sep 2010, 05:30, edited 2 times in total.
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

It's better to do pursuits for rep and cash. For a good balance between cash and rep, disable 12 to 15 cops and try to evade, takes about 6 to 7 minutes. For just cash, 5 minutes (includes cooldown time) is the cap. The best tier 1 car seems to be the Silvia, which is also good for pursuits. I made a video showing the path I use, and although I get hit by Rhinos in the video to demonstrate this, it's usually easy to avoid them using this path on the wide part of hwy 99:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGN3xiJX_wQ&hd=1
acbx
Ricer
Ricer

Post by acbx »

Or you could go around in circles with the huge circle looking road in the map near the stadium, 6-7 mins, once you're finished go to the staidum hit the pursuit breaker and hide in the stadium. Works almost everytime since there is no helicopter in NFS world(unfortunately), but sometimes theres some sneaky cop that happens to be in the stadium when you hit the pursuit breaker. :P

Also rcgldr, gratz on lvl 50? Or was that in the last beta or something?
Wolfseye
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wolfseye »

Thanks, will check that out. But everytime I do pursuits, and even crash a lot of cars etc. (Cops) and Roadblocks, the amount of money and reputation points is still low compared to long races you'll get from Level 10 on, like the Rockbridge track.
And in SP you hardly get anything much. Unfortunately, to get really something, one has to stick with the Multiplayer Races, though its full of small minded ramming retards.
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

acbx wrote:Or you could go around in circles with the huge circle looking road in the map near the stadium, 6-7 mins, once you're finished go to the stadium hit the pursuit breaker and hide in the stadium.
There's also a cooldown spot in the parking lot inside the big circle if you magage to get away from the cops.
Also rcgldr, gratz on lvl 50? Or was that in the last beta or something?
I reached lvl 50 a while ago, 3 or 4 other players got there first, 2 of them reached lvl 50 in 4 days during head start.
Wolfseye wrote:Everytime I do pursuits, the amount of money and reputation points is still low
You need to disable 12 to 15 cop cars, which will take about 6 or 7 minutes, and you need to be at heat level 5. The pursuit doesn't have to start at heat level 5, just end (evade) while at heat level 5.
acbx
Ricer
Ricer

Post by acbx »

Off-topic but

The guys(or girls, but I doubt that)who did that in 4 days must be crazy! Gratz anyways on the lvl 50.

Unfortunately I'm at lvl 11. :lol:
Wolfseye
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wolfseye »

2 reasons I see someone is already on LvL 50. One is that this person already started from within the earlie Beta, so he had plenty of time, or in the earlie Beta the LvL switched faster than they do today. Or even a 3rd, some people don't have a life and play 24/7. ;)
acbx
Ricer
Ricer

Post by acbx »

Wolfseye wrote:2 reasons I see someone is already on LvL 50. One is that this person already started from within the earlie Beta, so he had plenty of time, or in the earlie Beta the LvL switched faster than they do today. Or even a 3rd, some people don't have a life and play 24/7. ;)
player info from the beta was reset when the final game launched afaik.

I should probably know coz I was in one of the closed betas, didn't play for long though. :)
Wolfseye
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wolfseye »

acbx wrote:player info from the beta was reset when the final game launched afaik.
If thats the case then it seems there are some people that don't have a real life besides gaming, sitting 24/7 in front of the game to increase their LvL. Not anyone can do that.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

That's what nerds do :wink: :lol: You'll be suprised, just start playing World of Warcraft...
Wolfseye
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wolfseye »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:That's what nerds do :wink: :lol: You'll be suprised, just start playing World of Warcraft...
Yes I know, and I hate those ! :)

I would never play any RPG game. Even playing an MMO for me is really rare. NFSW is an exception. And if that ramming won't stop anytime soon, it might be another game added to my list of games I will not touch anymore.
Would be a shame though, it could be so much fun.

Return to “World”