Leaderboard Reset

2010 Need for Speed World
800RPM
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Leaderboard Reset

Post by 800RPM »

I'll vote for a reset. Let it be. Besides it will ease up Honke's job. Thank you Honke for a hard work for us!
NFSMagster
Ricer
Ricer

Post by NFSMagster »

We´ll need a leaderboard reset when T4 gets released. I think t3 won´t be fast like today and records on t3 only tracks aren´t reachable than...
aline1996
Donator
Donator

Post by aline1996 »

i will agree (if this didn't already happen :oops:)

because i think it will also remove the times of cheaters (who should get banned....)
and yeah i know i also spend a lot of $ on times.. but hey you can earn powerups easy (while driving times.)
even if not all the cheaters are gone, i think it's a good new start, because many bugs are gone. so you can drive a track without bouncing an gain or loose few secs.

I'm for a Board Reset!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Khoikoisan wrote:EXPLANE please WHY it's NOT possible to RUN THE ANTI-CHEAT PROGRAM NOW!!!!

Stupid question?
EXPLANE also please!

I am losing my grip here.

GGRR....

[-o<
hey khoikoi,

i also questioned it myself, but they can block one cheat program, and there are three new ones.. :?
the only thing they can do is block the trainers and hacks they already know, and if we (racers in nfs world) find/see a hack report the hack to EA (not just the "report" button in your right click menu.) but make a vid. or create a cheater bust driver. use this driver to ask cheater how they get their hack and how to download it. > download it make a vid send it to EA (or upload at youtube en send the link.) so they can add the new hack to the anti cheat program.

it might help... (not sure :?)

Aline ;)
Last edited by aline1996 on 21 Feb 2012, 13:24, edited 2 times in total.
Reality is as Real as we think it is
djstevanovic
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by djstevanovic »

Its useless to reset leaderboard until EA fix cheating.. Yes, we can reset it and again 10 000 cheaters will apear in days and we did it for nothing.. So lets wait that anticheat that Marc mentioned in last vid (hope we wont wait next year :) )
aline1996
Donator
Donator

Post by aline1996 »

hehe -_-
when marc says 2 weeks it can take endless time....

'canyons are coming in 2 weeks' where are they??? 'can't see them :?

but hey i can get it ;)
just wait till that thing is activated ;)
Reality is as Real as we think it is
1orNone
Stock
Stock

Post by 1orNone »

Yeah Reset em, I dont care if the anti cheat is in place before or after the reset heres why , even if we cant stop all the cheaters and we know we cant, atleast we get rid of those that stopped playing, may have been banned (I say that lightly) etc. I just broke into the top 1000 drivers, and some times are so INSANELY fast , that I cant come within 15 seconds of some of em in an almost full pro-tuned 911 gt3 rs with ultra tires spamming nos the whole way ( using ready with readys cool down time upgraded from skill points, AND rapid fire maxed as well WITH extended Nos and Super shot maxed also) I suppose it could be my driving but I beat enough 911's, RTR's, and M1's that have very close to the same stats as some of the peoples cars that are putting down times I cant fathom to feel comfortable saying, unless they were cheating I really dont see how they got that time
Tazfrog
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Tazfrog »

If the reset is in anticipation of a 100% effective anti-cheat program, then it will never happen. No matter how good the security, hackers will always find a way around it..just ask the good folks at the Pentagon.

The fact is that a lot of people spent a hell of a lot of money in order to get the times the achieved. Does it matter if some of those people no longer play? They still have the right to the times they scored. You would not suggest for a moment that a champion golfer who holds a course record have their record wiped simply because they retired from the game.

1orNone, do you think that all you need to do is spam NoS? NO! You have to use it at the right time, drive very well, and avoid hitting trees and anything else. A person can have the greatest ultra tuned car in the game, but if they don't know how to drive properly, when and where to use NoS and other power ups, then a person in a much lesser car will beat them 99% of the time.

I see people look at stats of cars and say how much better the other car they beat was, but that is just the car, the driver is more important.

You just broke into the top 1000, congratulations, now it starts to get difficult to improve your ranks, because the next 900 ranks are where people have refined their skills. I have an IGC driver that is ready to break 1000 and I have not started setting times on that driver yet.

No need to reset just because people don't have skill and find it too hard (and no, 1orNone, I am NOT simply referring to you personally, but to all those who say we need to reset these times because they are hard to beat).
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

Looks like a reset is needed now, Why?

For example (you can only add Max 5 types of skills on 1 car)

So if you use:

Jumpstart - Allows powerups to be used at the start of events
Rapid Fire - Reduces the cooldown of Nitrous by x%
Extended NOS - Increases the duration of Nitrous by x%
Super Shot - Increases the power of Nitrous by x%
Headstart - Increases the duration of the Perfect Start boost by x%

You cant use:

Redline - Increases the RPM range to get a Perfect Start by x%
Lightning Reflex - Reduces the cooldown of Ready by x%
Perseverence - Reduces the cooldown of Slingshot by x%
Momentum - Increases the duration of Slingshot by x%
Aerodynamic - Increases the power of Slingshot by x%
Safety First - Reduces the cooldown of Shield by x%
Rolling Fortress - Increases the duration of Shield by x%

Like we could use before :roll:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

So that means slower times overall?

If that's the case I'm still sure there are a lot of people that wouldn't want their old times to disappear. What if the current leaderboards could be frozen and we started some new ones?
Tazfrog
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Tazfrog »

Looks like the skill change is going to screw us all for record times :x
I like the idea GT3 of having the old boards frozen and new ones started.

Am wondering if this will force a restart of the boards?
1orNone
Stock
Stock

Post by 1orNone »

[quote="Tazfrog"]If the reset is in anticipation of a 100% effective anti-cheat program, then it will never happen. No matter how good the security, hackers will always find a way around it..just ask the good folks at the Pentagon.

The fact is that a lot of people spent a hell of a lot of money in order to get the times the achieved. Does it matter if some of those people no longer play? They still have the right to the times they scored. You would not suggest for a moment that a champion golfer who holds a course record have their record wiped simply because they retired from the game.

1orNone, do you think that all you need to do is spam NoS? NO! You have to use it at the right time, drive very well, and avoid hitting trees and anything else. A person can have the greatest ultra tuned car in the game, but if they don't know how to drive properly, when and where to use NoS and other power ups, then a person in a much lesser car will beat them 99% of the time.

I see people look at stats of cars and say how much better the other car they beat was, but that is just the car, the driver is more important.

You just broke into the top 1000, congratulations, now it starts to get difficult to improve your ranks, because the next 900 ranks are where people have refined their skills. I have an IGC driver that is ready to break 1000 and I have not started setting times on that driver yet.

No need to reset just because people don't have skill and find it too hard (and no, 1orNone, I am NOT simply referring to you personally, but to all those who say we need to reset these times because they are hard to beat).[/quote]

I think you missed the Whole point of What I was Saying which is that A reset will get rid of times of players who dont play and cheaters that have been banned and to try to argue that I said it because I think its hard is totally missing the point which is : You know there is cheaters I know there is Cheaters, And I never Once said it was hard beating times I said it was Impossible, And JFYI yes all you really need to do is spam nos in this game its not a Simulator (which btw I probably have more time on Real Racing simulaters then you could even imagine spending on one, Yes I mean Wheel, 3 pedals, Motion Chairs for real life car feel the whole works) there are some tracks you can effectively spam nos and Wallride the whole way and put down incredible times if you dont mess up the process, and some tracks that have 90 degree corners that you can ride the blue barrier around never once having to slow down with a nos going the whole time which effectivly makes your time faster than anyone who approaches the corner at proper corner speed hits the entry point, perfect apex and exit speeds perfectly, you would have a point if say this was GT or Forza or ToCa, however this is an Arcade game built on one of the most arcade engines FOR the NFS franchise, and if you hit walls right they dont slow you down does Understanding Corner speed, Proper braking, entry and exit speeds, know where the Apex of a corner is help ? Absoulutley AND any idiot that can slam the wall hit nos ready nos and keep his car straight will get around the corner just as fast and sometimes faster, there was or is maybe still some videos here about how to get the best times Alot SUGGEST that you wall ride corners for faster times lmao, Id link em but im not going to spend the effort to go look for em they are here or were, And the Only reason I even Mentioned power ups at all previously was so someone didnt come say "well maybe youre not using your powerups right or at the right time or at all" etc instead I get someone acting like I know nothing of Racing or NFS and trying to explain how to play NFS (which BTW Im old enough to say Ive been playing since it was Invented) like its a simulator or something, The whole point you seem to have missed was that A Reset will clear the boards of any stagnant times and that there were Obviously some questionable ones up there and it doesnt even matter now Cause more than Likely alot of cars simply wont hit there the same performance marks as they used which means New T4 cars may very well surpass the Current T3 car times and the T3 cars after this patch may not be able to hit the times of previous T3 cars Leaving A TON of ranks sitting there taking up space as a t3 cant hit them and a t4 goes over them meaning if that is the case there will be a whole bunch of slots that will move up and down in chunks due to being unreachable by the cars that put them there in the first place, and slower than The T4's IE you will end up with A bunch of times that pretty much stay around whatever lvl they end up at after the T4 cars start ranking in there times as the Post Skill Mod T3 cars most likely wont hit the speed they used to, say a t3 could run x track in 3 mins before this patch and now it takes it 3:25 seconds to run that same track driving Consistantly to what they placed there first time of 3 mins at, and lets also say that this car is tuned to the point that adding to it isnt going to make up that 25 seconds we lost when we lost performance skills this patch, now lets say the new t4 cars run that same track at 3 mins just like the old t3 cars, They will push the t3 car times of 3mins to 3:25 mins down the line and the T3 cars that now put down 3:25 as there top average absolute fastest time ( of course it wont be exactly these times or that difference but each car has a point where it maxes out at IE fully ultra tuned) if the maxed t3 cars cant hit a time above 3:25 all the times between 3 mins and 3:25 that were put there by T3 cars Pre Skill loss patch will sit there eternally or rather move down eternally creating a bunch of ranks that no one in say the same car that put the time down Pre Patch can hit, and at the same time those ranks are just being moved down by the T4 Cars that are now Beating the times that were posted, Yes that is an example of the extreme one way as we dont really know How cars will handle after this so But if T4 cars can put down 25 second faster times than A T3 and T3's cant hit the Same speeds anymore (which they most likely WILL be slower that performance Part Comp is BS you cant give a player with a fully ultra tuned car a part that will replace the 20% he lost to skills and they removed the performance skills entirely so that player cant even use the New System to get that 20% back, So IF there is a Huge Difference in top speeds, Track times, ETC and there is No reset the times will be accurate but the Ranks wont be as they will be comparing New T3 cars times with old T3 Cars that had a 20% handling/topspeed/acceleration bonus that doesnt exist anymore. SO If you want it accurate and there is A big performance spike between t3 and t4 and a huge overall loss in Tracktimes to T3 cars even without Factoring in T4's most the top times would be times placed in cars that effectively dont exist as they did anymore
JFYI other than Buying the Boost car to compete there is no need to spend money for setting times here I Farmed all my pro tuned and Ultra parts and I get my power ups from IGC packs so saying people spent money they should get preferential treatment is as silly as Comparing an Actively Changing Online Game to Golf or any kind of professional Sport, we dont have Hall of Fame Inductions For NFSW , we do however have a community that wants accurate times or atleast as accurate as possible, not to mention If you put down a time on NFSW a year ago and quit playing and it gets erased you can very easily log back in and go for it again, these are progressive leader boards not Hall of fame records, I dont come here to see what someone put up 2 years ago that you think should go down in history unless its still standing in first place, I come here to check my personal times against those of other ACTIVE players IDGAF about what Jonny Schmoe Put down as a time in 2000 if he doesnt play anymore thats one less spot for an ACTIVE Players time, If youre that worried about seeing your Online Video Game times Immortalized I believe the Prnt/scrn key will take a screen shot you can print frame and hang on the wall that no one can ever take from you, Most progressive leader boards like this, not all but enough, Reset after certain time periods Specifically TO keep the Data as accurate as possible as it is relevant to Right now, not 2 years ago, They usually keep logs, sometimes, they even Post/hang/frame the old times/leaderboards etc, specifically so those people that you think should be inducted into the NFSW Hall of Fame after you make it, can still have/see there times,

basically dont rage out on me cause you dont like what I said, thats the whole point of this thread isnt it ? pretty sure it says post your opinion and why not Post your opinion and attack others, Although you dont like, you dont seem to have much real life experience maybe thats why you think NFSW is on the same Lvl as professional golf....

Btw Something I totally forgot about untill just a few seconds ago, You can Effectively get 1~3 seconds on players with drastically different CPU clock speeds even when On the same Internet connection going through the same router using the Same QOS to give equal bandwidth to both machines For Example My Hexacore overclocked at 4ghz ALWAYS hits GO ( 3 , 2 , 1, go. at the start) 1 to two seconds before my Wifes machine with a single core clocked at 2.8, Even the Pre-race Que time, (IE where you hit ready at) will be 1 second lower in the count than hers, and thats hitting join race at the exact same moment with the screens side by side, this is also the case with a few players that I race with on the norm, that have slower machines, IDK why it does it it shouldnt do it but Ive tested it with 6 different Comps, 3 work station grade and 3 average run of the mill comps, each time in each Instance it was the same the faster clocked comp and/or the one with more cores ( Ram seems to make very little difference as far as this goes 2 comps one regular one workstation with same ram) the higher clocked Comp always got atleast a half second advantage and sometimes up to 2 ish depending on the Type of Ram and Mobo's capabilities to utilize it) however after multiple tests the Average was still about 1 to 1 and a half second jump off the line Simply due to Clockspeed not really any point to this statement except its just 1 more thing that can basically put you up as many as 100 places in the rankings that has nothing to do with Driver skill, cash spent on the game, car stats or anything else except how much you spent on your CPU, you can also probably squeeze about a half second out of running minimum graphics, depending on your graphics card and capabilities, This all speaks to bad server synch and programming issues as no matter how fast the data is processed racers should be synched to the starting time as soon as they enter a race or a race que, but doesnt change the fact that players on top quality machines CAN gain an advantage over others, with, something that has Nothing to do with the game at all
EsotericRogue
Ricer
Ricer

Post by EsotericRogue »

1orNone wrote:Btw Something I totally forgot about untill just a few seconds ago, You can Effectively get 1~3 seconds on players with drastically different CPU clock speeds even when On the same Internet connection going through the same router using the Same QOS to give equal bandwidth to both machines For Example My Hexacore overclocked at 4ghz ALWAYS hits GO ( 3 , 2 , 1, go. at the start) 1 to two seconds before my Wifes machine with a single core clocked at 2.8, Even the Pre-race Que time, (IE where you hit ready at) will be 1 second lower in the count than hers, and thats hitting join race at the exact same moment with the screens side by side, this is also the case with a few players that I race with on the norm, that have slower machines, IDK why it does it it shouldnt do it but Ive tested it with 6 different Comps, 3 work station grade and 3 average run of the mill comps, each time in each Instance it was the same the faster clocked comp and/or the one with more cores ( Ram seems to make very little difference as far as this goes 2 comps one regular one workstation with same ram) the higher clocked Comp always got atleast a half second advantage and sometimes up to 2 ish depending on the Type of Ram and Mobo's capabilities to utilize it) however after multiple tests the Average was still about 1 to 1 and a half second jump off the line Simply due to Clockspeed not really any point to this statement except its just 1 more thing that can basically put you up as many as 100 places in the rankings that has nothing to do with Driver skill, cash spent on the game, car stats or anything else except how much you spent on your CPU, you can also probably squeeze about a half second out of running minimum graphics, depending on your graphics card and capabilities, This all speaks to bad server synch and programming issues as no matter how fast the data is processed racers should be synched to the starting time as soon as they enter a race or a race que, but doesnt change the fact that players on top quality machines CAN gain an advantage over others, with, something that has Nothing to do with the game at all
Although this digresses from the topic of this thread, I've been wondering about such. I think it was going into the 4th year of the High Stakes server when they discovered there was a hardware timing bug that caused rare systems to generate faster times. I clearly remember they were defending that it wasn't a programming error, it was a hardware error. IIRC, that took a skilled champion (able to run consistant times) being lead around by a computer expert to test on dozens of computers, and then crunching raw data output that I don't know how they generated. Most of all, I think was the fact that the highly skilled player cared about the game and had the humility to admit that it was his computer and not necessarily his skills that allowed him to usually win.

Anyway, I was hoping you would have compared times to something objective rather than another player. Are you able to generate faster single player times on a given test track just by switching computers? If it's primarily "cores and clocking", can you influence you times on a given machine by change the clock speed? ... and a hundred other questions :)
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

1orNone wrote:.. wall of text..
Erm..
Tazfrog
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Tazfrog »

This has become a n00b discussion! I recently bought an I7 quad core puter with 16 GB RAM and 2 GB DDR5 graphics card, along with a 2 Ms response keyboard, and , guess what? ... my times were not improved. People who cannot score good time, people who think cars matter, those are the folks complaining. Grow up, learn how to drive. Spamming nos does NOT work!!!!! learn that and you might get better times!

As for the recent changes, yes they screw things, but it is a new challenge...live with ti...learn to handle it... grow with it.
APOLLO42
Stock
Stock

Post by APOLLO42 »

Tazfrog wrote:This has become a n00b discussion! I recently bought an I7 quad core puter with 16 GB RAM and 2 GB DDR5 graphics card, along with a 2 Ms response keyboard, and , guess what? ... my times were not improved. People who cannot score good time, people who think cars matter, those are the folks complaining. Grow up, learn how to drive. Spamming nos does NOT work!!!!! learn that and you might get better times!

As for the recent changes, yes they screw things, but it is a new challenge...live with ti...learn to handle it... grow with it.
I'm new here.This is my first post.
I feel you are being a little unfair on this.As i posted in the NFSW forums this skill mods change should have been implemented along with other changes such as traffic decrease - cops nurf etc.You do sp after the patch and the rest of the cars catch up to you if you make a small mistake and hit a wall.And its not like i was driving a stock GTR but a 700 overall M1.
If all these came along with the skill mods then things would be better.
User deactivated: cheating / speedbug abuse
Tazfrog
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Tazfrog »

If you could understand mumble then Ask Marc episode 65 made things very clear. The changes are in, no they are not going to add extra skill slots, and no they will not bring the old system back.

Discussing what should or could have been done is pointless. What has been done is the way reality has unfolded. We can cry, we can scream, we can throw all the tantrums we want. It will not make any difference, and at the end of the day, you either deal with it, work with the changes, or find a different game to play.

Personally I am not a fan of the changes, but it has brought some balance into the game. If a boost n00b can win, then your driving skills need improving. You can buy parts, you can buy cars, you can buy skill mods, but you cannot, and never could buy track knowledge or experience.

If the leaderboards are reset every month,( one reset is needed now though), then I will probably give this game away, otherwise, it is a new challenge.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Our database is really independent of EA's speedAPI, so if they do monthly resets, it doesn't mean we have to do them too. If cars performances don't change to the worse, we'll really only need the one reset.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

So.. what are we waiting for? The skills system has already been changed, let's go ahead and reset now..
Tazfrog
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Tazfrog »

Thank you to bojan and the team for the reset :D great work folks =D>
EsotericRogue
Ricer
Ricer

Post by EsotericRogue »

I'm so happy! Va-room!
wiiwille
Banned

Post by wiiwille »

I agree with the reset and there,s to many cheat,rs that,s why i don,t spend any money.i haven,t acomplished much but what i have i,v done only by driving.
User deactivated: Flaming, insulting admins, defeating language filter.

Return to “World”