NFSW 1st impression

2010 Need for Speed World
nukerock
Stock
Stock

NFSW 1st impression

Post by nukerock »

Now I have been away from this website for quite some time, I had some entries for NFSShift that i was finishing, very elaborated ones, but I had a problem with my HDD and the ended up being wiped. After that there really hasn't been much interested in any new NFS series on my part.

But today I was watching a stream where NFSW was being played (some of the devs were part of it), they mentioned several times that it was a f2p game, and since it didn't look that bad for a f2p game I decided to give it a try. To my surprise the 1st thing I see is that there are several cars which can only be unlocked with real money which is something they forgot to mention on the stream, and obviously a very important detail. I still decided to keep playing, "It's not the end of the world, it has a lot of cars that I like still" I thought, "I can still check out the customization options, check out the vinyls and body parts and come up with a car to post on NFSU". To my surprise even after several cars being locked not even this was possible, I like to have a place where I can just build several cars at no expense, because I try a lot of different things, having to pay each time I have an idea is not an option.

This game doesn't feel f2p as much as it feels like a trial of the actual game, it has a lot of important content locked afterall (several locked cars in a racing game).

Seeing a 100e pack, for a NFS game that has about the same content as other NFS games (some of them arguably better) that costed half of that to be fully unlocked doesn't help at all.

How do you guys cope with this? Am I missing something being my 1st day? I've noticed after reaching quite a lot of levels you can unlock the vinyls. But I'd think this model wouldn't go very well with the showroom users.
Maastomato
Ricer
Ricer

Re: NFSW 1st impression

Post by Maastomato »

I agree with you with the feeling that it's just a trial. I've been playing for a couple weeks now and allready am a lvl 30 with a Lexus LFA. The pay2play players pass me from left and right so i've consentrated on doing drags with my old skyline (its a good drag car) and team escapes.

I understand that some special editions (juggernauts, drag, tresure hunt, etc) and some new special cars aswell, but that almost 90% of the cars cost money. And most of them are crap! But that all i get is some leftovers that i can tune with 2 different spoilers and a crappy hoods if even that. Sure I get rims, neons, tints and shiznit like that from races but a nice bodykit wouldnt hurt sinse in my oppinnion need for speeds are about tuning and styling.

At least we dont need to pay to open up tracks.
AliceS
Stock
Stock

Re: NFSW 1st impression

Post by AliceS »

Forza 4 and Need for Speed Underground 2/Most Wanted. So basically Forza Horizon, but with more cars and tuning. And space.

Anyway, no customization in this Most Wanted, no buy. In my opinion Criterion has failed horribly with this game, I thought Hot Pursuit was good for what it was, I think this game would be good if it had a different title, but it's not a Most Wanted game.

Return to “World”