Missing times

2010 Need for Speed World
Tazfrog
Ricer
Ricer

Missing times

Post by Tazfrog »

And don't worry about losing your best times: once you post a time, it'll stay here forever!
Hmmm, was just checking times and noticed that many of the times I ran using my McLaren F1 are missing. A few of the times are still there but most have vanished.

I have never been asked to provide proof of my times, so why are they missing?

http://www.nfsunlimited.net/world/user/SPINOUT718

Seems to have happened in the past week or so.

Examples - Paradise Hotel 2:13.035 / Ocean View 2:43.635 / Mason St 1:41.134 & others
djstevanovic
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Missing times

Post by djstevanovic »

Yo man,
if both drivers are on same nfsworld account, you will need two accounts here to separate drivers.

Example:
You drive on SPINOUT718 AGOSTINI AVENUE 2.15, than you change driver to PHOENIXNFSW and drive AGOSTINI AVENUE 2.14, time on spinout driver will be deleted.

So, create one more account here and move one driver to that account.

Regards,
Dj
Tazfrog
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Tazfrog »

thanks for the response DJ.

The drivers are on two different accounts (both have different email addy & login), and also on different shards. Spinout718 is on Apex & Phoenixnfsw is on Chicane
djstevanovic
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by djstevanovic »

Than there shouldnt be any problem :(
Maybe times still didnt showed up?
Tazfrog
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Tazfrog »

The times were there before, but they have just vanished recently. Only noti9ced them when I was checking to see if my Chicane driver was beating my Apex times.
Tazfrog
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Tazfrog »

Figured out what the problem is....

I am assuming that you store driver times in an SQL (or similar) database. When times are being stored they appear to get stored under the username registered here. This means that if a user has multiple drivers then only the best time for any particular car will be retained. Other times on different drivers will get over written.

So, if I, or any other member with multiple drivers under the one username, uses the same car on both drivers, then only the driver with the fastest time will have their time kept. The other drivers will lose their times.

Example.. both my drivers have McClaren F1's, but my Chicane driver does a faster time on say Paradise Hotel, then the Apex driver automatically loses the recorded time.

It would be better to store times under each driver name, rather than the username, otherwise a person requires a different account here for each driver they have. This seems to have been a recent change in the way you store data, because I have previously had multiple drivers without problems.

New question... if I drop my Apex driver from this username, and create a fresh account for it, will the old times be pulled from the API, or will only new times on that driver get pulled?

Return to “World”