Need for Speed SHIFT First Hands On

Need for Speed SHIFT News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
oumysoft
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Need for Speed SHIFT First Hands On

Post by oumysoft »

Andre_online wrote:Well as I've observed, when it comes to Windows releasing a new OS, their first years are usually beta years. They are practically unstable. Just take a look at Vista when it first came out. Heavily condemned.

I'd usually take about a year or so before I decide to upgrade to a new OS. For me, I'll go for the Vista first. It seems to be pretty stable now.
That was true in the past, but ive been using windows 7 beta for about 2 months and i can say it is just as sable as XP in its current state, and FAR more stable and quicker then vista.

id still like to know if Shift user Xinput for its joypad support (like grid does)
Arkansaw
Stock
Stock

Post by Arkansaw »

I'm not sure if the game would run best on the latest OS (or even Vista), but if it is due for 2009, XP is still cool since it remains as the primary working/testing environment.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Andre, install a beta of Windows 7 and compare it to a released of Vista. The freakin beta is more stable than the release version.

Anyways, we should keep the OS discussion out of this topic.
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

korge wrote:
TONTO89 wrote:
I don't think I've seen the body kit on that Audi in the picture on any of the other NFS versions...
That is because these bodykits are not some lame concocted brand that you would see in past NFS titles. They are kits inspired by real modifications you would see on their gt counterparts. Similar to what you would see in Forza or probably even GT5. This could be the point in NFS's franchise where it finally grows up. :)
yeah that was my point lol coz the other dude was saying that it would be the same body kits as in the last two titles
thanks for backin me up with the great visuals tho lol
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Not sure if this has been posted, but here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaLA55vdAik
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

3 Years in the making? Does that mean that they put effort into it? lol. Nah, the graphics look good... but how long did it take for word to get out about it? lol.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

baumaxx1 wrote:3 Years in the making? Does that mean that they put effort into it? lol. Nah, the graphics look good... but how long did it take for word to get out about it? lol.
It was probably 3 years in the making before EA bought it last year and told them to use their NFS models and rendering engine.
korge
oumysoft
Ricer
Ricer

Post by oumysoft »

korge wrote:
baumaxx1 wrote:3 Years in the making? Does that mean that they put effort into it? lol. Nah, the graphics look good... but how long did it take for word to get out about it? lol.
It was probably 3 years in the making before EA bought it last year and told them to use their NFS models and rendering engine.
I wonder if they're using the Ferrari Project engine (the game Blimy was suppose to be making before is went down). That would actually make sence since that project was roughly 3 years going.
An Exotic Classic
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by An Exotic Classic »

I have high expectations for shift. A new devlopment team should have brought change, and in a good way. I just hope I'm right.

Return to “News”