SHIFT Preview At GameSpot

Need for Speed SHIFT News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

SHIFT Preview At GameSpot

Post by Bojan »

GameSpot published a Need for Speed SHIFT hands-on article; they got a chance to play two versions of SHIFT, one with McLaren F1 on Willow Springs Raceway and the other with the old Nissan Skyline GT-R on a Tokyo street course. You can read their impressions about two very different aspects of the game here.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: SHIFT Preview At GameSpot

Post by prince1142003 »

Wow... Overload of Shift information.

Finally, an article comparing full assist and no assist modes! I like that there was a stark difference involved and the Nissan behaved realistically. I totally agree with the conclusion that the author reached. Shift is shaping up to be something inbetween the hardcore sim like Forza, and a casual racer like the usual NFS games. That's a key audience, and I can definitely see Shift being a success if the game lives up to expectations.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Re: SHIFT Preview At GameSpot

Post by TRANSFORMER »

NFS SH!FT's Hands On (Outtakes!):

...the developers at "Slightly Mad Studios" are focused on making this perhaps the most realistic and true-to-life driving experience ever seen in a Need for Speed game, while still maintaining the approachable learning curve that has always been a part of the series. The game was running at a mostly rock-solid 30 frames per second, but the pace of the cars on display didn't feel sluggish in the least, it also makes use of some blurring effects in ways that we haven't seen before in the genre. Some blur effects, a few annoying.Traction control, braking assist, and the now-standard color-coded dynamic driving line made completing the three-lap race fairly easy...

Sounds Good, NFS SH!FT is GR!D like and that is what We like to see, Something Different! :roll: :D :D :D 8)

Return to “News”