EA Torque's Community Update talks SHIFT

Need for Speed SHIFT News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

EA Torque's Community Update talks SHIFT

Post by Bojan »

A while ago the NeedforSpeed official forums moderator EA Torque aka Eric posted a Community Update article with his impressions from a invitation-only Need for Speed SHIFT viewing at a Formula Drift event. What makes this event stand out is the fact that real drifters and race drivers had a go with Need for Speed SHIFT, including the recently featured Vaughn Gittin JR and Tommy Milner (see them in action in our videos section). What's most interesting about the article is Eric's thoughts after trying out a 60% made replica of Vaughn JR's Falken Tire Mustang:
We were kinda of shocked! Everyone who sampled the Mustang claimed it drove better then any of the Drift cars built all night! I myself, took the car out for a spin and found myself drifting the Tokyo course, like everyone else. The drifting in this game was impressive. Easily the best drift mode in a video game. It wasn't slow or silly; it was fast and fun. And I'm not talking absurdly fast ala Carbon. I'm talking realistically-fast. Nothing beats watching the course flyby sideways with your tires screechin' and your V8 roaring! It was definitely a challenge to drift in Shift. You had to keep your momentum high and you had to manage your thottle and counter-steer very effectively to keep your drifts looking smooth and clean.
Be sure to read the whole article here.
kimd41
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: EA Torque's Community Update talks SHIFT

Post by kimd41 »

I myself, took the car out for a spin and found myself drifting the Tokyo course, like everyone else.
Sounds like it's very easy, I hope it's not arcade.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Re: EA Torque's Community Update talks SHIFT

Post by TRANSFORMER »

You have to learn the Drift in NFS SH!FT 1st and then You will drift like everyone else probably & now GReddy 4 this:

Return to “News”