Performance upgrades in SHIFT

Need for Speed SHIFT News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
kimd41
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Performance upgrades in SHIFT

Post by kimd41 »

What? You can only choose 3 bodykits and your rims? That is crap. :|
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Well the mechanical tuning seems to be a bit better. At least you can tweak some stuff, that's good.

The vinyl section looks good too, since we have a 1000 layer limit and we can (finally) put vinyls in the windows. That's cool if you want to make a racing car. :D

However the visual tuning seems to SUCK! Bodykits only? How many spoilers? The same crappy rims we get every year? Hoods, exhausts, where's that? Were are the "official racing parts" that they promised earlier on? Hmm I think I know the answer: they're not, EA was lying again. GREAT!
Tviper7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tviper7 »

mArkAntonio wrote:Need For Speed: Shift – Tuning Preview
http://need-for-speed-shift.blogs.gamer ... ft-tuning/
Sweet !!! I'am liking all the fine tuning options we have available for advance performance tunning all I can say is its about freaking time.... I'm not the best tuner in every area, but I'am willing to learn the extras it takes to make my car the best it can be. I will not cop out and use the basic tunning for every aspect of my car I don't understand..... this will add complexity/longevity to the game there will be some really fast ppl online day one with a multitude of cars you might not expect due to this feature :D :D :D :D
mArkAntonio
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mArkAntonio »

mArkAntonio
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mArkAntonio »

Image Image Image Image Image Image
MarioManeski
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MarioManeski »

Maybe there will be bodykit upgrades that are like nfs underground.You choose bodykit stage one,for example and there is a wide choice of bumpers and side skirts from which you select your bodykit.IF it is like that,it won`t be too bad
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

td0g21 wrote:whats wrong with working through career mode and unlocking stuff, gives you a motive to play...lazy ppl...
Alright, if I come off as being lazy because of this statement, you have to understand that I'm looking at this from a standpoint of realism. Will HKS or VeilSide deny you the opportunity to order parts because you haven't raced before? Chances are, no. They might give you a sponsorship, sure, which may include parts or help with building your car, but will they really deny your order if you have a wad of cash in hand?

Unique upgrades, like in Juiced or ProStreet, are a good idea, but - because they are, inherently, unique - they make it very tedious to get when they're available to everyone anyway. If the game made it more work to get unique upgrades, so much so that people couldn't just h4xx0r the game and get all of them anyway, it'd be better.

I will admit, I like the idea of some upgrades being a bit of a tradeoff. It means that people actually have to work to find a better setup and, hopefully, people won't use the same copypaste setup as everyone else. *cough*MickeyF1*cough*
Hydro_PT wrote:The vinyl section looks good too, since we have a 1000 layer limit and we can (finally) put vinyls in the windows. That's cool if you want to make a racing car. :D

However the visual tuning seems to SUCK! Bodykits only? How many spoilers? The same crappy rims we get every year? Hoods, exhausts, where's that? Were are the "official racing parts" that they promised earlier on? Hmm I think I know the answer: they're not, EA was lying again. GREAT!
Well, w00t for them. That's an improvement in the vinyl department, but will it matter much if they decrease the number of available vinyl styles (which I bet they will do)? When will they have vinyls exported as editable .DDS textures which can be shared easily and keyed to specific cars in savegames? TrackMania can do this, and bet your... $5 that even ProStreet has the technology to do this. In fact, it's what it actually does, in a way, but they just can't get it farther than that. This is understandable, because of online play and the fact that anyone could put anything on vinyls if this were implemented, but why not just have vinyl-sharing (recieving) disabled by default and have people opt into it, after being given a disclaimer?

As far as the rims, I think ProStreet had a decent selection, but I can think of several that I would love to have added. Exhaust tips? One word: titanium; that's what they're missing there.
Hydro_PT wrote:Crap games + people who still buy them because it has "NFS" on the title = easy money. :(
I'm also a NFS fan, but I hate what EA is doing to the NFS games.
Yes, indeed. I agree with you 100%, and it frustrates me that EA can do this sometimes.
Carcrazy wrote:...I'm still buying Forza 3, instead.
Yeah, Carcrazy, you aren't chained to the PC, where EA still has a near-monopoly on new titles :roll:

Yup. I'm definitely not buying Shift. :mrgreen:

Return to “News”