Performance upgrades in SHIFT

Need for Speed SHIFT News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Performance upgrades in SHIFT

Post by Bojan »

Gamerzines got their hands on a preview copy of Need for Speed SHIFT and through a series of articles they will introduce performance upgrading, tuning, visual customization and the car lot.
The first article takes a look at the performance upgrades which in SHIFT is divided into stage I, II and III performance upgrades, aerodynamics upgrades and various race parts.

Read the whole article here.

Source: NFS-Planet
Kimmy
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Performance upgrades in SHIFT

Post by Kimmy »

Only three bodykits ? i hope they are diffrent for each car, not like te previous games.. "/
And the cockpit upgrades are in 3 stages too ? I tought we could pick what we wanted too..
Yeah well, nfs isnt like forza and GT games, i think i will enjoy this :)
Overreactman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Overreactman »

Remember, these guys only have a preview version, there could be a lot more or this could be all we get. Still, mighty exciting information.
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

WoW !! That's great and let's not forget that this is a preview copy !! :wink: :) A lot more is on the way !! i have faith and trust in EA and i'm sure that this time, EA won't let us down !! 8) :twisted: :mrgreen: =D> =P~ :idea:
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
anhology
Ricer
Ricer

Post by anhology »

don't forget it's only performance upgrades, not visual. I think that we will be able to put more body kits
mArkAntonio
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mArkAntonio »

elie8 wrote:WoW !! That's great and let's not forget that this is a preview copy !! :wink: :) A lot more is on the way !! i have faith and trust in EA and i'm sure that this time, EA won't let us down !! 8) :twisted: :mrgreen: =D> =P~ :idea:
Well SMS(Slithly Mad Studios) are working on the game , EA's just releasing it . SMS should'nt let us down =)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Hmm the tuning system seems to be similar to other NFS games. I was definitely expecting something different from the usual "3 stage parts thing". I thought we would be able to fine tune our car with a lot more parameters than the ones we have. Sadly that's not the case... not good for a game that wants to be sim and arcade at the same time. I'm only seeing the arcade part of it.

I also hope that the visuals are greatly improved. Please don't give us (again) a game with those ugly bodykits and a miserable selection of parts... #-o

Oh well, I hope the next articles show us something really good, not the same crap we see every year in terms of tuning. SHIFT is already showing its weaknesses... at least for me. #-o

PS: Even though this is a preview, the game should be near 100% completion very soon. The release date is in the next month, so they can't be adding tuning parts so late in the development. Don't think "oh we will get more parts, this is only a preview". This is all we will get, probably. ;)
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

=>>> "I'm waiting 4 NFS SHIFT!" :!:
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Graargh! That looks worse than ProStreet's system! >_<

Not only are the upgrades as bland as in PS, but you also have to unlock them - including the body kits.

This is definitely not helping my opinion of this game.
td0g21
Ricer
Ricer

Post by td0g21 »

RedCarDriver wrote:...you also have to unlock them - including the body kits.
whats wrong with working through career mode and unlocking stuff, gives you a motive to play...lazy ppl...

anywho, its looking okay. tho i agree with others, 3 body kits is too little. and they better be tailored for EACH car, not the usual universal crap they pull all the time... hoping for 5 each, not hoping for it much tho, cuz i've given up hoping on ea. but SMS is doing it, so i guess i can hope.

also better be fixin the screwed up grill textures....(yes, from prostreet. havent played undercover)
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Yeah I agree on the bodykits I wish they had the body tuning of th UG series back again but alas. I do like what they said about the performance upgrades hindering certain areas so people don't just buy everything they unlock though
Acura
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Acura »

"Good"
Tviper7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tviper7 »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:Yeah I agree on the bodykits I wish they had the body tuning of th UG series back again but alas. I do like what they said about the performance upgrades hindering certain areas so people don't just buy everything they unlock though
I don't know, I think thats just about the most retarded thing I've ever heard..... so buying shorter final drive gears is gonna negatively affect performance??? only if you cannot fine tune gears to your liking or for each indiviual track I mean the idea that some one would buy this instead of fully customize-ible race tranny ala Forza 2 or GT is completely assinine... [-X
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

...I'm still buying Forza 3, instead.

Especially seeing some of the posts here... this looks like the same crap we've been getting.
EA must've eaten Slightly Mad, or something, because I had hope. Looks like they put a candy coating on the past 5 games with some new physics coded in on top as a cherry.
kimd41
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kimd41 »

3 bodykits wasn't what I expected :|
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

"I'm gettin' NFS SH!FT, no matter what the others saying... there's no game that has so much Tuning in it!" :roll:
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Lol TRANSFORMER.

You ever played Midnight Club: LA? Now that's a game with a lot of visual tuning. Great licensed parts for all cars... EA should learn with Rockstar. As for mechanical tunning, Forza 3 seems to be the right choice.

What a NFS fanboy you are. :lol:
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

"GO PLAY YOUR "MC" and don't post this S**T about NFS!" :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
juveenile
Ricer
Ricer

Post by juveenile »

i know how it is to like something that to others seems like is nothing intresting...
so i'm with transformer here ...
got memories with nfs...
huh
:|
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

TRANSFORMER wrote:"GO PLAY YOUR "MC" and don't post this S**T about NFS!" :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I can't, unfortunately. I don't own any console.

As for NFS, I'm just saying what's true. For the past games (and SHIFT seems to use the same mode), tuning is very weak, compared to games like Underground/Undeground 2 and even Most Wanted or Carbon, which had quite a few tuning parts.

Other companies make better tuning games, I don't understand how you can be so obsessed with NFS. I know this is a NFS-fan site, but please, it's because of guys like you that EA keeps doing these kind of games. While there's money filling their pockets, they will release more and more games with less effort and quality. Crap games + people who still buy them because it has "NFS" on the title = easy money. :(

I'm also a NFS fan, but I hate what EA is doing to the NFS games. If I show my disappointment (by not buying their games), they will start doing better games. But if players like you keep saying that every NFS is a great game, then of course they won't try to do better games. Why should they?

Anyway, enough off-topic. :mrgreen:
td0g21
Ricer
Ricer

Post by td0g21 »

hydro, i drink to u. 100% facts. BS free
Acura
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Acura »

TRANSFORMER wrote:"I'm gettin' NFS SH!FT, no matter what the others saying... there's no game that has so much Tuning in it!" :roll:
I AND BUY IT! +1 TRANSFORMER 8)
mArkAntonio
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mArkAntonio »

Need For Speed: Shift – Tuning Preview
http://need-for-speed-shift.blogs.gamer ... ft-tuning/
death reaper
Ricer
Ricer

Post by death reaper »

[img]C:\Users\Kempsey%20Betta\Pictures\Koenigsegg-CCX-2007%20-%20Copy.jpg[/img]
anhology
Ricer
Ricer

Post by anhology »

It's good that there will be 4 custom liveries in every car, but im sad couse the vinyl editin is going to be like in undercover and i don't like that :(

Return to “News”