NFS SHIFT: Nürburgring Video

Need for Speed SHIFT News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: NFS SHIFT: Nürburgring Video

Post by TheStig »

maybe it's a sprint option where you run half the track or less.
cause it doesn't look like it starts at the start, but somewhere... don't ask me where cause I don't recognise any of it.

If EA releases a demo for the 360 I will download it and if it impresses me I might get it but I don't think I want to spend 60 euro for a game that has for a sim a rather small carlist and a ok but not inmensely impressive tracklist (several of the ProStreet tracks that well weren't exactly the tracks where I went like :shock: )

The driving in Shift has to impress me so much that I feel like... WOW this makes everything else so unimportant.

Ooh after looking at the Ring movie again... I noticed that EA hasn't lost they Barbie touch with adding ugly *ss baloon bows and stuff on the track.
I don't know if they done it with other tracks (haven't paid much attention to the movies of Shift but if it is like in Pro Street... it made the game look very childish.
But then, maybe it is the general idea to make it more appealing to a wider audience.
TRANSFORMER wrote:"However I'm convinced that SH!FT's up to realism, sth. like GR!D, just much better, We'll see then!" :roll:
But then you are convinced that Shift is divine, and made by the big G himself.
I've seen a lot of fanboys but you sure do take the cake!

But then I'll just wait and see.

If I sound negative about NFS... I am recent history tells me not to be exited about a NFS game any more.
EA F'ed up Undercover, and even though I was not as exited as I was about NFS games before I still thought it had a good chance being a good game, the movies looked good, the screenshots where nice, and it gave me the feeling it was a new Most Wanted but then bigger... but man did that game disappoint!

ProStreet was a nice twist to what we got in the past, did not expect that.
Carbon.... was semi fun the first time.. but became boring in no time.
Most Wanted was a nice game, went a bit back to the roots.
Underground 2.... ricer heaven... what else can I make of it.
Underground. 1 word Original.

WOOOOW I just noticed a pattern.
EA gives us 1 good game then a crap one, then a good game again after that a crappier one... the year after that they fix that and give us a good one again...

So looking at how horribly bad Undercover was... then Shift must be a awesome game...
hmmm makes sense eh?
So I might but it once it hits the shelves....
(or maybe I am just dreaming)

Ooh and Summ, nice to have you back.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Well I personally watched somebody race the Nordschleife with a MC12 (being the fastest car we could choose) and he was over 7 min. I also tried it with the Nissan GTR Spec V and I was at almost 8min.
I did see however two stage tracks which I think are from Nordschleife. Maybe the video is from one of those two tracks.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

@TheStig!

I'm not JUST a fanboy... You did not noticed... I'm Legend & NFS is a Legend, too. At the beginning of this year I was always standing behind the NEW NFS SH!FT, instead came those people like You, who did ctitisize it, but I was convinced that this NFS will be PRO'... I can say it is an Evolution of "Race Driver GRID" called "Race Driver Shift". I mean this time EA, SMS and Race Drivers worked together in a Teamwork. I was always optimistic & I'm really looking forward to the Release of NFS SH!FT! 8)

Besides... Change has happened and Barack Obama is the New US-President now & I was convinced of that before!

NFS SH!FT is the Best Racing Game 2 Me now and I was convinced of that @ the beginning of this Year, too!

EDIT: JUICED... that must be a piece of cake with some mess on it! :-& :-& :-& #-o #-o #-o
Last edited by TRANSFORMER on 24 Aug 2009, 22:51, edited 3 times in total.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Looks like it... cause it didn't end where it started.

It does make it more accessible for those who don't want to race the whole 7-8 minutes a lap.

@ TRANSFORMER,
In case you didn't notice, I am one of the few persons who owns all NFS versions ever made for the PC including limited editions of NFS games that where only sold in a specific country, next to the PC versions I have several PSone NFS games including NFS V-Rally 1 and 2, games for the PSP (MW 5-1-0) and Xbox (360) and 3DO.

So please don't tell me anything about NFS!

And what is it with you and Racedriver Grid, it is a completely different game that has NOTHING to do with NFS so how can it be a evolution? it is made by codemasters... NOT EA or SMS

You are indeed a legend.... a legendary FANBOY who glorifies SHIFT and EA
Man even if EA showed you a picture of a big turd you would say... man that's the best looking peace of Sh*t I ever seen... how does EA do it, man I can even smell it, it is that realistic.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

@TheStig!

1. Who do You think You are with all that NFS parts... the BIG G'?!?! - I have almost all NFS parts, too, except of NFS 1!

2. I have this Intuition that You do not own, (no offence), to smell how things develope into a good or bad way!-o

RD' GR!D was developed by Codemasters,that's right, and I've got that Intuition, that EA has heard & learned what Players do like in this Racing Game and that's why EA did this Teamwork with SMS in order to change NFS from GR!D 2 SH!FT!

3. Well... I love "Electronic Arts" and People aren't perfect... EA isn't, too - but Everyone makes faults and that's it!
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

You are the one who insinuated that I am a NFS hater... which I am not.

I do love a lot of the NFS games, but sadly lately EA made several crap games, and even though they where crap I still have them in my collection.
But EA keeps spitting out garbage I don't want to be part of the NFS community any more.
The only thing I do hate is that EA is in the past couple of years systematicly raping the NFS francise for pure short term profit.

I hope your intuition also senses that bad things are comin cause:

EA just called..... if you are done kissing it they would like their *ss back
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

This time You're wrong and if We always make a feedback to the game's we get, I hope they'd do it better! :roll:
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Stiggy - why do you still bother with the pissing contests? ;) How old are you now? In your thirties? You still waste time bitching at random brats and retards? Come on, man.. you're better than that ;)
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

That's a normal conversation... not a discussion... and shorten Your novels next time... dude. :roll: :shock: :wink:
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

If you don't care for intelligent questions and debate it's your own business. Don't read it and move on. Not that hard, is it?
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

@Summ! :roll:

Well, I'm speechless, look onto Your behaviour 1st, I talked to Stig and not with You @ all, rule Yourself!
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

It's not a very good map/image, but the starting point in the Nürburgring video is (most likely) somewhere within the area marked in red.
Attachments
SHIFT_Nurburgring_Start-point.jpg
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

TRANSFORMER wrote:@Summ! :roll:

Well, I'm speechless, look onto Your behaviour 1st, I talked to Stig and not with You @ all, rule Yourself!
Rule myself?! lol? Look kid, I'm telling you this once and that's it. To me, you're less than a bug waiting to get splashed on my windshield; you're just an itch. What makes you believe even for a second that I - or anybody else for that matter - would listen to you? If you feel a need to cry now, it's ok. I understand. Find your parents and I'm sure they can read you a story.. or buy you a dictionary, so you can understand some of the long and complicated words that are in my posts.. and hey! maybe you can learn something from it and actually express yourself decently! Wouldn't that be fun, too?! Yaaaaaay..

Look up 'to rule', you eye-rolling dumb a s s!
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Summ wrote:Stiggy - why do you still bother with the pissing contests? ;) How old are you now? In your thirties?
Ouch, that's gotta hurt! :)
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Bojan wrote:
Summ wrote:Stiggy - why do you still bother with the pissing contests? ;) How old are you now? In your thirties?
Ouch, that's gotta hurt! :)
Wha? :) Last I was here he claimed to be a driving instructor.. you've got have a bit of mileage to become one! That was years ago.. so the assumption is founded :D
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The term claimed sounds so... yeah he said that but I don't know....

But yeah I am still a instructor but no I am not in my thirties.
28 to be specific, close but no cake. :lol:
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Darn! :P
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

I'm sorry... :roll: :wink:
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

TheStig wrote:maybe it's a sprint option where you run half the track or less.
cause it doesn't look like it starts at the start, but somewhere... don't ask me where cause I don't recognise any of it.
Damn, Stig. You drove on the 'Ring and you can't recognize the exit of the Karussell? Even with Shift's poor representation, I can recognize many of the turns in that video. Maybe I just had way too many one-on-one battles on the Nurburgring in Forza with my roommate. :P

It's only a small portion of the track, as TheNoob pointed out. A small sprint from the tip of the Karussell to the long straightaway. So don't get too upset, Summ, I'm sure you can drive the whole track.

I can tell from the little bit of Shift I've played, that it won't touch Forza or GT in realism (in my opinion), but it has potential to be a very fun game. I'm waiting to get my hands on a full version for the final verdict.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

^It's not a matter of how much of the track you can drive on.. it's a matter of how fast the cars move on the track.. how long the races take =).
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Zero260 wrote: Damn, Stig. You drove on the 'Ring and you can't recognize the exit of the Karussell? Even with Shift's poor representation, I can recognize many of the turns in that video. Maybe I just had way too many one-on-one battles on the Nurburgring in Forza with my roommate. :P
I noticed the start and the second bank and the final stretch, but that was it.

And it is not about recognizing many parts... you should be able to recognize it completely.
I played it countless times in FM2 and recently played GT4 (ring Weekend) and raced only on the Nordschleife, and even though they are 2 different games I had not trouble recognizing the track anywhere.
Same goes for the Real track, sure in real life the elevation is SO much bigger and of course it feels different but you could recognize stuff from the games, and know when to turn left or right, irl it feels shorter and the straight feel shorter etc, but then you think you are on the ring for 2 minutes when in fact it's almost 12.

Shift's version of the Ring gave me a bit of a PGR feeling... yeah every corner was there but you don't really know where what was.... and in PGR it is very empty (hardly any trees next to the track, which gives it a very empty feel.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

^Proportions are often some of the most difficult things to get right in a game. I'm not sure HOW different game developers manage to firetruck it up that badly, though.. how they manage to make their measurements so differently from one another..
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

I wouldn't worry about it too much. It might feel completely different when you get your hands on the demo, or when you finally get to enter a Nurburgring race in the retail version of SHIFT.
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Agreed

Return to “News”