SHIFT At Gamescom: A Preview

Need for Speed SHIFT News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

SHIFT At Gamescom: A Preview

Post by Bojan »

Having visited the Gamescom 2009 event in Cologne, Germany I had a chance of playing two upcoming Need for Speed games, SHIFT and NITRO and for something to compare it to, I also tried out SHIFT's two main competitors in this year's fall season: Forza Motorsports 3 and Gran Turismo 5. And what's unbelievable is that SHIFT in my opinion tops them both. You might say I'm crazy for saying that out loud, but read on to find out why.

SHIFT At Gamescom: A Sim (If you want it to be)!
CodeOfTheRoad
Ricer
Ricer

Re: SHIFT At Gamescom: A Preview

Post by CodeOfTheRoad »

well there be drag mode :?:
driverx15
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by driverx15 »

no drag mode.

and Bojan, could you go over drifting a little more? if possible, not a huge deal.

thanks.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

"Interesting Article & what I want to know is what kind of Music will appear in SH!FT (Menu & Ingame)... Thanks!"
kostis1993
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kostis1993 »

Yes, me too TRANSFORMER! I really want this demo now!
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

"Slowly I truly regret not being @ this Gamescom this Year though it was a puddle jump from Me..." :( ^^
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

driverx15, sure what exactly do you want to know about it?

To be honest I kind of hated it because with the S2000 it was seriously hard and I only tried it with a controller. I think using a wheel would help since it's much more precise.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

@Bojan!

"And what's about my question recently?!" :roll:
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Btw Bojan, did you tried out the tuning? Or they didn't allow you to do that?
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I briefly tried out performance upgrades and visual customization, not the tuning itself. Performance upgrades are very basic (just staged upgrades, single type of each), only three bodykits per car (one for every stage) and an unimproved vinyl system (pretty basic and slow).
driverx15
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by driverx15 »

Bojan,

I would just like to know more about it in the way of like, if it is single person drift runs or if there is tandem drift? and if the camera still shakes and blurs in the cockpit while drifting.
and did you notice whether or not it was slow and lanky like the drifting in prostreet?

thats all i can think of as of now, thanks again.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

3 bodykits for each? Oh firetruck, not AGAIN! Damn EA, when will they stop with this stupid idea??

And they said we would have "licensed racing parts"... lol they were lying again. I can't believe it... oh well, EA playing their little tricks again. I just want to say: F*CK EA!

Anything relative to spoilers or other stuff? You only saw bodykits? Were they cool at least, or ugly like the ones we saw in ProStreet and Undercover? Were they real, or created by EA?
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

You can do better!?! - then do not complain about it!-o :roll:
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Are you joking or you're that stupid? (no offence)

Of course I can't do better but hey, it was EA who said they would deliver "licensed racing parts". And all we get is that "3 bodykits" usual crap we get every year? Of course I'm complaining. They were lying again... that shows absolute no respect for the costumers and the fans.

Oh well...
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

Your expectations are high and as 4 not showing Respect @ all, EA could not release SH!FT this year! :roll:

You can complaining with Your feedback after the release and now stop whining... wait 4 it !-o
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

My expectations are based on what EA revealed about the game, nothing else. In fact I have lower expectations, because I'm still afraid that SHIFT won't be a good game. I hope not.

Ok, I will stop "whining". I'm just pissed off because everytime they promise something good, they never deliver. Let's wait for the release...
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Hydro - it can still be good without fancy bodykits ;)
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

@Hydro! :roll:

Respectable decision, but the one thing I cannot understand, where the all ingame video's are - I cannot waiting 4!

@Summ! :roll:

Without bodykits it would be something like FORZA III or something that is not better than Gran Turismo!
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

^As you have so gracefully showed to everyone with 2 working neurons all by yourself, you are a narrowminded simpleton with absolutely worthless opinions. My only regret is that you infest the boards with your annoying, inappropriate and completely meaningless comments. That somebody still hasn't shut you up is beyond me.. you might.. MIGHT be worth talking to in 10 years, maybe, but until then all that comes from your open mouth is a foul breath, what I'm concerned.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Drifting is 3 attempts, solo run. I only used the 3rd person camera as it's easier to see where you're going. There's several familiar tracks, like the tokio docks area.

Spoilers... Hmmm. I couldn't find where to install different spoilers at all. It's even possible they're part of the body kit. I can't say if body kits are licensed or not as I'm not really familiar with all the aftermarket kits.
Customization will be a disappointment, of that I'm sure.
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

Poor customization will most likely be the factor that kills the chances of me buying SHIFT.

But we'll see. :|
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Poor customization is one thing.. I just hope they didn't go back to the whole 'the bigger and uglier the upgrade, the bigger your epeen' thing. I really don't want my car to look like a monstrosity in order to 'level up'..

Oh well, luckily customization isn't a determining factor for me =). From the shots I've seen so far of any of those cars, the bodykits they have implemented are mostly beautiful anyway. I don't think it will affect me, though I understand there are a ton of people, who fancy themselves designers and artists, who look forward to the game merely for the sake of spending hours on end creating cars rather than getting better on the track =). Those people will hurt, no doubt.
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

Ever since Underground, I've depended on Need for Speed to be the one racing franchise that delivers when it comes to a great car customization engine. (I'm a PS3 owner and I hate 360 users for having access to Forza) I'm probably not going to spend 10 hours or something on designing graphics for my vehicle (depends), but I'd still like to be able to create a visually appealing race car fit to my style and personality with little limitation.
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

You should still be able to do that ;)
There might be less bodykits, but as long as they are good that shouldn't be an issue, should it? You will most likely still have tons of colours and unlimited layers of vinyls/decals to play around with.. wait until you see it, mate =) It might be better than you expect ;)
kostis1993
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kostis1993 »

Pls any info about the music?

Return to “News”