Cockpit Upgrades In SHIFT

Need for Speed SHIFT News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Cockpit Upgrades In SHIFT

Post by Hydro_PT »

You might be right Summ, but even if a car suffers the same kind of damage, that we see in SHIFT, in real life it wouldn't act like that. Cars are not spiders... :P

The damage is obviously not good. But I've noticed that since the beginning, dunno why but seeing the videos and stuff I always thought the damage would be cosmetic and similar to ProStreet. In my opinion, nothing on the PC beats GRID in terms of damage yet (DiRT 2 maybe). It would be great to have that kind of damage, but the one in NFS seems OK... it's NFS after all hehe.

I hope the rest of the so called "driving experience" pays off and is good: at least better than PS and of course Undercover, which had the worst type of driving I've ever seen.
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

Hey Guys, any news about the PC Demo ? :roll: Why are they taking so long ???? :( :?
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

That's truly a GOOD QUESTION and where are the video's @ all ?! :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: =D> =D> =D> [-o< [-o< [-o<
Last edited by TRANSFORMER on 31 Aug 2009, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.
mArkAntonio
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mArkAntonio »

Found this rumour on a Dutch gamingsite:

During a hands-on presentation of Need for Speed: Shift a developer had told that DLC was coming for the racer. This is at first not surprising, but the DLC will be however a new game mode, namely the familiar drag racing in Need for Speed: Most Wanted. The DLC for Need for Speed: Shift will also contain new cars and tracks, cars for example whose licenses could not be established in time or vehicles which are not even on the market.

http://games.fok.nl/news.php?newsid=33914
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

mArkAntonio wrote:

During a hands-on presentation of Need for Speed: Shift a developer had told that DLC was coming for the racer. This is at first not surprising, but the DLC will be however a new game mode, namely the familiar drag racing in Need for Speed: Most Wanted. The DLC for Need for Speed: Shift will also contain new cars and tracks, cars for example whose licenses could not be established in time or vehicles which are not even on the market.

wao... going to be joking right? the game is not release yet, and yet a DLC is coming out so soon?
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

Heh... :roll: I guess it's a DLC for the upcomming Demo, isn't it :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Acura
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Acura »

Maybe Shift Demo will be on September 1 or 5 ??
Kimmy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Kimmy »

Woaw :O drag racing :D ! awsome!
Hopefully we will get the Toyota supra too ^^ and some real muscle cars !
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

I don't think the demo will be out anytime soon. For those of you, who can't help creaming your pants for the wait, the toilet is just around the corner, second door to the left. Get to it and QUIT asking for the goddamned demo every SINGLE post you make!

It'll be here, when it will be here. Stfu already!

Unbelievable
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

oh no, wallriding again, and I doubt cars will act differently when aids turned OFF.

External cameras really suck. Cockpit ftw!
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The whole driver experience camera stuff sucks... a bit of movement in the camera... OK, but blurring the entire view for 2 seconds.... just plain annoying.
bakalhau
Ricer
Ricer

Post by bakalhau »

Ever wondered we might be able to turn those off in the options? This shaking and blurring can be associated with motion sickness, so there's a good chance we'll be able to turn them off.
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

I had read somewhere that those can't be disabled (sadly).

Maybe touching something with regedit...

Anyways this is a motivation for not to crash your car :lol:
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

That wallriding maneuver looked like it was a special ability...

The way the player's camera changed to a front view and then spun around the vehicle while adding a slow-motion effect when the Bugatti rode the wall is f*cking stupid if it's not just some weird coincidence.

Looks like some sort of speedbreaker where you can perform moves that that you see James Bond movies.
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

I admit that the wallriding was really silly, but these Cockpit Upgrade pictures show me that what I was waiting for is finally here so I can see it clearly. Photo Mode, although I am disappointed because it looks like Undercover's. Which means I'm both :D and :(
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Are you sure that the wallriding is from SHIFT? Doesn't look like it to me, more like NITRO or something.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Shift's graphics are totally different from Nitro's. That was Shift, sadly.

I don't think it was a 'james bond' move. I rather think what we were looking at was a replay and the user chose to put on those effects to show it from all angles and make sure people appreciated what he thought was a 'cool' move. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain this game doesn't have that kind of bs 'special move'-things.
XCROSSX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by XCROSSX »

Bojan wrote:Are you sure that the wallriding is from SHIFT? Doesn't look like it to me, more like NITRO or something.
well duh... did you look at the video?
GT3x24x7 wrote:I don't get why the word 'irony' has nothing to do with metallurgy.
mArkAntonio
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mArkAntonio »

Nitrocide
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Nitrocide »

Lol for some reason that Veyron wallriding had me in tears.

Really dissapointing, looks like EA will be dissapointing us once again.
*sig deleted for being too big. limits are 550x120px and 50kb*
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Yay, in one of the videos, u can see he watches the replay after the race.!! :D

Finally the replay mode returns :O
Tviper7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tviper7 »

mArkAntonio wrote:

Please oh, Please, Don't Let the Drag racing in NFS Shift be anything like the Crap that was in Most Wanted, arguably the worst Drag race Mode in any NFS title Ever!!!(Drag Racing around curves against traffic is Reeettaarrddeddd!!! #-o ) Hopefully, it'll be like the straight track Drag racing of NFS Underground 1 or Pro Street, in more realistic sim like setting, if were lucky maybe they'll throw the Dyno Feature from Nfs Underground 2 that'd be heaven, along with real drag strips, Old & Newskool Muscle Cars, Along with 1998 twin turbo Supra [-o<
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

Summ wrote:Shift's graphics are totally different from Nitro's. That was Shift, sadly.

I don't think it was a 'james bond' move. I rather think what we were looking at was a replay and the user chose to put on those effects to show it from all angles and make sure people appreciated what he thought was a 'cool' move. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain this game doesn't have that kind of bs 'special move'-things.
The assists were turned ON, maybe thats how driving feels with "arcade" mode. Wallriding doesn't actually fit on the game concept. If only it penalized the driver, but it shows how the Veyron is overtaking another ride while running on the wall WTF!!!???

However from other videos the game looks really good, like GTR2 with modern graphics. The cockpit experience seems awesome. My G25 is hungry! I got the greatest hype from... ever. If they disappoint me again, I will stop getting interested in further NFS series.

Return to “News”