NFS SHIFT Review at OXM: 9/10

Need for Speed SHIFT News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Re: NFS SHIFT Review at OXM: 9/10

Post by Summ »

^Things change, markets evolve =). You were born a baby. You're no longer a baby, are you? ;)

There are plenty of ways in which racing games can differ from one another. One is the selection of cars and tracks. Another is customization. Then there's graphics, gameplay and so on. Plenty of ways to maintain a unique brand.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Exactly. And I don't get why NFS being a sim (not trying to demonize Stig or anyone else who prefers Arcade NFS in saying that) would be detrimental to anything related to such. Granted, I can't find any other sim game that was placed in an otherwise arcade-oriented series, but if Electronic Arts wants to make a simulator or somewhere along that field, then I'm not going to stop them - as if I had a chance to do that.

P.S: The more comments I see about UC, the more I begin to think that I'm the only one who thought it was at least half of what it was worth (then again, it was an X-Mas gift, so I can't tell). Am I being one-sided or just delusional? Thinking sequence starting now... :-k

As far as the series as a whole goes... at best, it has lost its magic. Still enjoyable, but not as much as before.
At worst, ELECTRONIC ARTS HAS MORE TROUBLE BALANCING THE GAMES OUT THAN ONE WOULD WITH A PENCIL AND A LAMP POST.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

This is really good news. After the mediocre installments of Carbon and ProStreet and the total flop of Undercover, nice to see things are back on track again (no pun intended).

I certainly hope the game lives up to expectations and ratings... we'll find out very soon.

Return to “News”