Need for Speed SHIFT In Stores Today

Need for Speed SHIFT News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Need for Speed SHIFT In Stores Today

Post by Summ »

^True ;)
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

I don't know about you Summ, but I don't think there are THAT many hardcore simulators who will truly be disappointed by the physics. It's VERY challenging, but that's because I was driving with keyboard ...

Of course, it's also because I've only completed 2 races... lol

So far, I'm liking it... it's DEFINITELY harder than GRID, which I liked because it's a bit challenging, but the AI in this game seem more "humanlike" than in GRID, where they always spun out in the exact same manner and always at the exact same place ... if they ever did, whereas here, like many reviews said, they really FIGHT BACK! I got spun out by one in just 2 races! and the contact physics is a LOT more real than what the other NFS used to be, including prostreet.

It's actually quite challenging to stay on the track.

However, if you don't like it, you don't like it... but try the demo at least, it's pretty awesome so far!! even if it's not as "real" as it gets, it's still a very fun racer.

Cockpit is just GORGEOUS!

only downside is... my framerate drops to ~20 when there are other cars... and with fraps on, it's down to 9-12... but I only record replays so that won't bother the gameplay =b

PS: if you want a REAL realistic racing SIMULATOR, try iRacing
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

^Oh, I am DEFINITELY going to give shift a try and a run for its money :) . Don't worry about that =). The guys in that LFS forum bash anything that isn't LFS or GTR. GT5 gets the axe there as well, and I quite disagree with their assessment of it.

In the end, it is the minority of us that has ever been on a racing track with a real racing car, so it is vastly a matter of opinions and who you pick to trust and why. Personally I think that there is some truth to the statement that some sims are hard without necessarily being realistic, and that it's tough to believe certain cars would be THAT difficult to handle in real life. Is Shift closer to the real deal? I honestly don't know. I wish I knew an unbiassed racing pilot, who could tell me, but I don't.

No simulation so far is actually realistic. None of them simulate the complex mechanics of the various diffs that have emerged in the past few years. None emulate all the calculations and adjustments to power distributions that the onboard computers of modern supercars make. It's all one big interpretation based on telemetry, feelings and a good deal of speculation =). Until they genuinely recreate the cars in a game in the smallest details, it will all be a matter of interpretation and personal preference.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

jacoja06 wrote:September 24 for Australia.
Wait... scrap that comment. Apparently you could buy it from yesterday in Australia.
I'll need to check out my store tomorrow. :)
DriftingFan
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DriftingFan »

Summ wrote:@DriftingFan - sounds like they focussed on the gameplay rather than the customization aspect. I'm not surprised. All the customization you can do in the GTR series (which SMS has been making, when it was still a part of SimBin) was performance-oriented. There was no visual/exterior customization other than choosing between a number of preset skins - from 2 to 5-6 - so the whole aspect of customization is probably new to them. I don't understand why they didn't just take the Pro Street/Undercover formula as it was, though. Why regress? I'm not complaining so much about the bodykits and spoilers thing, because from what I've seen all the bodykits so far are gorgeous, but the vinyl/decal system sounds retarded.. stuck somewhere between underground and carbon?
i see...well its still a good game. i'll just have to get used to the customizing
"Fuel burning fast on an empty tank." Cake, The Distance

PSN ID: DriftingFan
kostis1993
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kostis1993 »

Gosh! The loading times are too big on my PC! Anyone has the same problem?
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

kostis1993 wrote:Gosh! The loading times are too big on my PC! Anyone has the same problem?
it IS pretty long...

i'm STARTING to get used to the drifting physics... it's REALLY hard!

the one grudge i have with the game: some of the cars are VERY bouncy... and i mean bouncy as they don't stop bouncing... as soon as it passes over a bump or even going straight on the track, out of nowhere it starts bouncing and losing control... and it won't stop... it keeps bouncing back and front and back and front... at least 6-7 times...

noticed with McLaren F1 and Porsche Carrera GT for now... probably there are others but it's making it impossible to drive almost... McLaren, i managed to beat the SLR 722 and for CGT, it's a 16 car race at Spa... so... i just gave up on that

another impossible race: 16 car bugatti on nordschleife... Car's hard to drive Track's hard to drive... and it's a FULL LAP!!!... so that would probably be THE last race i'll ever attempt...
DriftingFan
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DriftingFan »

^ i just unlocked that bugatti race. i haven't tried it yet though
"Fuel burning fast on an empty tank." Cake, The Distance

PSN ID: DriftingFan
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

Well !! There is no need for my review anymore !! I think SLJ covered it pretty much !! :wink: :D // I just wanna say that IMO SHIFT is the hardest NFS i have ever played !! one wrong move and you're into the wall or on the sand !! Pretty tough game, but there is nothing that i can't handle !! :twisted: 8) I've been a level 4 now !! This Game is just so incredible !! =P~ =P~ :mrgreen: =D> =D> :shock: :shock:
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...

Return to “News”