SHIFT Showroom Online

Need for Speed SHIFT News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

SHIFT Showroom Online

Post by Bojan »

We have added the Need for Speed SHIFT section to our Showroom meaning that those of you lucky enough to have gotten the game can start uploading pictures of your rides and videos of your driving skills!

Need for Speed SHIFT Showroom
Start uploading
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Re: SHIFT Showroom Online

Post by TRANSFORMER »

Finally... Thank You, Bojan! - Besides I like the new Banners You did lately... Very nice! :roll: :D :D :D 8)
Overreactman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Overreactman »

Sweet! Even though Shift has proven to be difficult in terms of designing the cars and taking shots of them. First thing I noticed was that there is no Mirror feature for decals / vinyls. Second thing I noticed is you can't set the color on the decals. Third thing was any screen shot I tried to take was a black screen when I transfered the shot into photoshop which means that downloading the screen shots to the NFS home page seems required.

Otherwise this is the best NFS in years! As a game, hands down the best racer I have played this year. Just frustrating when it comes to designing cars.
Overreactman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Overreactman »

Wanted to point something else out, the showroom is lacking in cars. Not all the Shift cars are currently in the list.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

You could try fraps for taking pictures. Otherwise yes, the customization of cars is pretty much limited to vinyls and rims (with a choice of 3 bodykits). I am looking into adding car performance stats to shift's showroom though. Will see how much data I'll be able to get out of EA.
Overreactman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Overreactman »

Bojan wrote:You could try fraps for taking pictures. Otherwise yes, the customization of cars is pretty much limited to vinyls and rims (with a choice of 3 bodykits). I am looking into adding car performance stats to shift's showroom though. Will see how much data I'll be able to get out of EA.
Good call, I forgot all about Fraps!
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Do you have a chance of choosing spoilers, or they come with the bodykit as a whole?
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

They're part of a bodykit.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

You can't choose the colour of decals?! that's silly.. are we back to the old underground days of black or white decals?!
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

is there a photomode for shift on the ps3?
Instagram @SupraHKS
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Yes there is. In fact there's already some pics up on nfs.com http://www.needforspeed.com/web/nfs/myn ... view/login
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Bojan wrote:They're part of a bodykit.
Hmm too bad. I don't usually like huge spoilers... still, most don't look bad. This game isn't aimed for tuning after all, so I guess that having some rims, bodykits and custom made paintjobs is enough. :)

Btw, is the 1000 vinyl layer true? And do we have autosculpt for vinyls (move, scale, rotate)? Can we create or own liveries or they're pre-set and we can only modify them?

Sorry for the questions, I just want to know as much as I can about this game before buying it. :mrgreen:
Overreactman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Overreactman »

Hydro_PT wrote:
Bojan wrote:They're part of a bodykit.
Hmm too bad. I don't usually like huge spoilers... still, most don't look bad. This game isn't aimed for tuning after all, so I guess that having some rims, bodykits and custom made paintjobs is enough. :)

Btw, is the 1000 vinyl layer true? And do we have autosculpt for vinyls (move, scale, rotate)? Can we create or own liveries or they're pre-set and we can only modify them?

Sorry for the questions, I just want to know as much as I can about this game before buying it. :mrgreen:
Auto scuplting is available on the vinyls and decals, but I am either noticing a bug or design flaw in that the sizes on the decals are extremely limited. So far I have not found a single one that allows me to go as big as the pre made skins that are available for each car, and that is dissapointing.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Only the decals suffer from that problem or bug?

It's ok to me, I never liked big decals... I hope it gets fixed though, if it's a bug. Give them some time, they just released the game and I bet they're anxious to see how did it sell in the first week. Btw, any news on that matter? I know it's just the first day of SHIFT on the market, but maybe we have some numbers already?

I hope it sells good and it's a good game, so this will allow EA and SMS to keep this type of NFS game going on, improving it.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Hey, is it just me, or ever since the SHIFT sections have gone up in the showrooms, my profile and home links have dissapeared? Because it's really peeving me off :roll:

EDIT: Oh, okay that's fine, I figured that out like a day after posting and I use that now :D
Last edited by Dr Houbenheimer on 25 Sep 2009, 10:40, edited 1 time in total.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Yup they're gone because there's a home and profile link on the top bar right below the search box.

The 1000 layer limit is true, but it is in fact divided into sections - around 10 sections with a 100 layer limit each.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

Bojan wrote:Yes there is. In fact there's already some pics up on nfs.com http://www.needforspeed.com/web/nfs/myn ... view/login
now when i take a pic how will i transfer it to my computer, memory device, email, or nfs.com?i hve a ps3
Instagram @SupraHKS
DriftingFan
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DriftingFan »

^ i haven't messed around with the photo mode too much but probably nfs.com
thats the way its been for the other games, i play on ps3 too and thats how i've always done it
"Fuel burning fast on an empty tank." Cake, The Distance

PSN ID: DriftingFan
<Jeroen>
Ricer
Ricer

Post by <Jeroen> »

Anybody already know if the BMW M3 GT2 with the special vinyls(the car on the boxart) is available ingame, even if you didnt pre order?. Some people say te only way to get it is to pre order, others say its the reward for completing the game.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

I just found out when i was attempting to post my RX-7 drift video... you DON'T have Mazdas at all in the car selection!! NONE!
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Dunno how I forgot to include them :P
Anyways they're in. Not sure which year the MX-5 is though? Is it the 2009 model?
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

lol thanks!
i think it is 2009... or 2008?!? too lazy to check...

Return to “News”