Need for Speed SHIFT Demo Released

Need for Speed SHIFT News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Need for Speed SHIFT Demo Released

Post by Bojan »

The demo is out! We have a list of mirrors available.

Need for Speed SHIFT Demo Download Mirrors
<Jeroen>
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Need for Speed SHIFT Demo Released

Post by <Jeroen> »

Yeah, lets see what this game is worth :P
(And if I can run at @ highest settings :P)

-Edit, damn those servers are fast! Reaching max dl speed here =D> =D> =D>
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I downloaded at like 3MB/s to the nfsunlimited server :)

If anybody finds any good mirrors, post em here and I'll add em to the list.
mostwantedforlife
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mostwantedforlife »

well...isnt this something i get the full game downloaded and now the demo comes out....oh well so far from what ive played i like the game...it has its ups and downs but every game is like that
<Jeroen>
Ricer
Ricer

Post by <Jeroen> »

Well, already found som things out(some good, other bad)
Good:
The car shakes when you go over uneven road, and great sense of speed. =D>
Graphics are great!
Edit, does anyone have a configuration for the game which feels like the GRID config? The steering feels "Heavy" to me, and cars take really long ot respond to my arrow keys :(

Bad:
Loading times when chossing cars(cmon EA, I certainly don't have a slow comp)
When choosing Casual drving style, the car brakes on itself?! #-o When entering a corner, the game adjusts your speed automatically, wtf
Cutscenes and intros look...."grainy", like theyre pixelated or sumtin, its hard to explain.

Bad on the demo(this isnt probaply in the real game)
The demo is really hard to kill off in Windows, I quit a race and was forced to watch the cutscene, I pressed Alt + F4, Task Manager, but it just doesnt work. Annoying. [-X
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

demo isnt out for ps3, will it come out soon or is it only out for the pc right now?
Instagram @SupraHKS
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

hehehehehehehehehe !!!!!!!! I Have The FULL GAME :P :P For 2 Days Now !!!! Who Cares About a Demo Anyway !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Wow it came faster than I thought it would be. This leads to me the conclusion that EA said the demo would come out in late September or October just to make people buy the game. Well the demo is useless for me, as I already have the game. Luckily I liked it, even though it was a bit disappointing, it's worth the money nonetheless.

However, this demo will come in handy for everyone that hadn't a chance of playing it yet. And I really recommend to play the game, you might like but you might not like it. And since there are a bunch of problems with the PC version, you should try it out to see how well it runs on your PC. Of course that for fanboys like elie8, all NFS games are good. -.-'

In big size letters: TRY THIS GAME BEFORE BUYING IT. DON'T GIVE EA YOUR MONEY JUST BECAUSE THE GAME LOOKS GOOD OR BECAUSE IGN GAVE IT A 9.0.

Enough said.
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

@ Hydro-PT : I'm a fan boy of NEED FOR SPEED and i'm proud of it !!!! 8) :twisted: =P~ :P I dunno what's bothering you and that so called "Summ" !!!! :roll: :roll: #-o #-o Anw : No probs with my PC so far ... As i said : Hydro, i have a PC similar to yours except that i have 4GB of RAM and the Geforce 9800 GTX+ 512MB DDR3 VGA !!!! =P~ :twisted: 8) :D
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Man I'm a fan of NFS, but I'm not blind when it comes to their games. You simply love everything, even when the games suck for pretty much everyone else and the critic.

There's nothing wrong with being a fan, but being a fanboy is something I really hate and sorry, I can't help myself when you or TRANSFORMER say stupid things like: "Who Cares About a Demo Anyway", which is a clear fanboy attitude.

Everyone that is not a fanboy and wants to spend their money on good games cares about a demo. But anyway I don't want to start an argument here, because it's useless. Be a fanboy all you want, I will just discard your opinions lol. :)
kostis1993
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kostis1993 »

Well, after playing the crappy version I downloaded the demo and noticed that:
1)There is mouse support in it
2)It plays better than the main game, with bigger FPS and not problems
3)The cars load faster at the car lot
4)I can hear the driver's voice(Ouch!) when crashing or his heart beat(adrenaline) sounds which I didn't find in the main game
5)No crashes to the desktop and more!

If only the game was as good as the demo! The made the demo good to impress the buyers! People, the game is crap! Play the demo until it's patched!

The only problem that still remains is the sky(see pic)! Anyone knows why this happens? I play on:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+(quite crappy, I know)
Nvidia GForce 9800 GT-1GB
2Gb RAM
Windows XP Home Edition 32-bit
Where is the sky????
Where is the sky????
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Hydro_PT wrote:Wow it came faster than I thought it would be. This leads to me the conclusion that EA said the demo would come out in late September or October just to make people buy the game. Well the demo is useless for me, as I already have the game. Luckily I liked it, even though it was a bit disappointing, it's worth the money nonetheless.

However, this demo will come in handy for everyone that hadn't a chance of playing it yet. And I really recommend to play the game, you might like but you might not like it. And since there are a bunch of problems with the PC version, you should try it out to see how well it runs on your PC. Of course that for fanboys like elie8, all NFS games are good. -.-'

In big size letters: TRY THIS GAME BEFORE BUYING IT. DON'T GIVE EA YOUR MONEY JUST BECAUSE THE GAME LOOKS GOOD OR BECAUSE IGN GAVE IT A 9.0.

Enough said.
Thank you. Finally someone with a good sense of reality. I've been a fan of NFS since I was a little kid but I'm not a fanboy that will say, "zomg!!! NFS IS THE BESTEST GAME EVAA!" I'm realistic and I want to try the demo, even though I know I won't like it. Closed-circuit racing is not my thing, I didn't get into NFS because of it. And Gamespot's score of 7 is a much more realistic score for the game.
FrankieGthang
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FrankieGthang »

yeah the game is really for 7,handling is pure shiznit,in grip and not to mention drift!!! :x :x
u won't be able to drift at all,it is so so irritating!!!grid is 10 times more playable!
also running in circuits is soo boring, cmon take this falling franchise back to its roots already!
gfx is fine but whats the point while handling sux :roll: and one more thing to add is,
what happened to the mirror mod for vinyls,what did they were thinking??!!!!
now u need to spend twice as much time for making vinyls and they'll never gonna be 100% precise on both sides!! :lol:
etc...etc...
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

Zotic+ wrote:demo isnt out for ps3, will it come out soon or is it only out for the pc right now?
no one knows
Instagram @SupraHKS
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

wao... finally the demo is out... and my pc just got bust by a bsod and nw can't play shift at all :(
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

FrankieGthang wrote:cmon take this falling franchise back to its roots already!
It's funny, because the first 6 or 7 NFS games were on closed circuits.. so.. what's your point again? :P
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

The 360 and PS3 demos should be out early october.
<Jeroen>
Ricer
Ricer

Post by <Jeroen> »

Anybody already have a good control scheme, cos normal feels too jiggery to me. casual is WAY too easy, aka, the car has auto brakes...
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

@ Hydro-PT : thanks for letting me be a fanboy !! :P :P i appreciate it a lot !! :P :P // SHIFT is not perfect but it's good enough for me !!!! I Say Again : No Problems With my PC and its similar to yours Hydro ... :wink: :D
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

<Jeroen> wrote:Anybody already have a good control scheme, cos normal feels too jiggery to me. casual is WAY too easy, aka, the car has auto brakes...
i'm using experienced with abs, traction on high and what's the other one...? on...

steering/brake are off

you can do the same on normal, just add in maybe steering assist

i read on NFS forum that if you tune your car *quick tuning mode* for MORE *yes MORE* oversteer, it counters the problem *if you can tune*
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Summ wrote:
FrankieGthang wrote:cmon take this falling franchise back to its roots already!
It's funny, because the first 6 or 7 NFS games were on closed circuits.. so.. what's your point again? :P
Closed circuits yes but not track-racing per say and they weren't based on GT racing and simulation. The circuits were set in fictional environments and you were given the impression that you raced on the streets (e.g. through villages, towns, forests, coast, etc.). Plus, stock exotics. It's all you need, which is why I'm patiently waiting to see Criterion's take on NFS.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

^I know mate. I'd be down with that, tbh. I found NFS6 HP2 to be a great game in concept. Had some pretty nice visuals too. Handling was horrible, but whatever. That's why I like GT5. It reminds me of that concept, with its many stock cars. My comment sprung from the observation that this guy thinks NFS started with Underground and Most Wanted.. with open cities and ricer culture, which it didn't.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

Bojan wrote:The 360 and PS3 demos should be out early october.
alright thnx
Instagram @SupraHKS
DriftingFan
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DriftingFan »

thats good for anyone who wants to try the game before they buy it. i already bought it though and im loving it
"Fuel burning fast on an empty tank." Cake, The Distance

PSN ID: DriftingFan
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Man I really need to try the demo, I'm not spending my money on a game I haven't played - but my internet is only 2GB a month ( we live in an area where you can't get adsl :roll: ) So it looks like I'll just have to wait it out till it goes to the bargain bin :lol:

That is unless you could get a hard copy of the demo somewhere....

Return to “News”