SHIFT Coke Zero Dodge Viper

Need for Speed SHIFT News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

SHIFT Coke Zero Dodge Viper

Post by Bojan »

Attention US residents, you can get the exclusive upgraded Coke Zero Dodge Viper SRT10 unlocked for free in the game. Visit the official site.

Once you have it, be sure to enter the Coke Zero Photo mode competition on the official site for a chance to win a console. Click here for more info.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Re: SHIFT Coke Zero Dodge Viper

Post by ElvenAvenger »

apparently its possible to get it while not being US resident too.
im in Europe and succesfully got the code and used it.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

... and so how's the car???
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

got to say its quite fun to drive...for a viper...(no offense meant :P)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I have that car and I didn't need to use any code... :P

I haven't played with it yet, because apart from the paintjob, it looks exactly like the Viper I have in my garage. Any performance improvements?
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Yeah I read somewhere it has uprated power and handling.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

GT3x24x7 wrote:Yeah I read somewhere it has uprated power and handling.
upgraded from a stock viper, we dont know how it behaves vs another max tuned viper though...unless someone does lap time tests :)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

The Coke Zero Viper has a rating of 13.00, while the Works Converted Viper has a rating of 18.00. However, I don't trust these ratings very much. I might race with both for a bit, though, see which one is best.

There is another reward car, the Porsche Cayman S. It has a different bodykit and everything, maybe that one is better than the fully upgraded Cayman S? I might give that car a go at Nordschleife sometime.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Hydro_PT wrote:The Coke Zero Viper has a rating of 13.00, while the Works Converted Viper has a rating of 18.00. However, I don't trust these ratings very much. I might race with both for a bit, though, see which one is best.

There is another reward car, the Porsche Cayman S. It has a different bodykit and everything, maybe that one is better than the fully upgraded Cayman S? I might give that car a go at Nordschleife sometime.
is there a way to unlock the bonus Cayman S without pre ordering and mods?
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

As far as I know, the only way to unlock these cars is to use a mod or to have the code. I just installed a mod so I could modify all the reward cars and use them in career. My Maserati MC12 now looks much better, with a clean white paint and some blue stripes like the real one. :D
Atominist
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Atominist »

Hydro_PT wrote:As far as I know, the only way to unlock these cars is to use a mod or to have the code. I just installed a mod so I could modify all the reward cars and use them in career. My Maserati MC12 now looks much better, with a clean white paint and some blue stripes like the real one. :D
Oh where can I get that mod? Pls, pls, pls.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Hydro_PT wrote:As far as I know, the only way to unlock these cars is to use a mod or to have the code. I just installed a mod so I could modify all the reward cars and use them in career. My Maserati MC12 now looks much better, with a clean white paint and some blue stripes like the real one. :D
downloaded the mod, then i saw that it was "easy to repack with BFF tools" so i could use it on packed installation, and then what? Obviously it was not easy....cant figure it out to be honest... :oops:
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

http://rapidshare.com/files/304163743/S ... S.rar.html

I forgot where I got the mod, but I still have them on my computer, so I just joined all things you need to make it work. Download the .rar, open the folder "NFS Shift Unpacker", copy "game_unpack", "nfsshift.bms" and "quickbms" to the game's directory. Then run the file "game_unpack". This will unpack all compressed files, so it will take a while (about 20/30 minutes).

Then open the folder "Bonus cars in Career" and copy the two folders in there to your game directory ("properties" and "vehicles"). Don't forget to make a backup, just in case.

Now, a word of advice: the game will run slower after you unpack all files. It will take more time to load a track or a car, because all files will be separated, instead of being in various big files. It's the only negative thing about this mod, other than that, it's perfect. Also be sure you have at least 6 garage slots free, otherwise the new reward cars will replace some of your cars. Oh and don't tune the Falken Tire Ford Mustang, it will lead to a super powerful and uncontrollable car, with a rating of 29.99 lol. In case the Maserati MC12 doesn't appear, just buy it from the car lot. Some cars cannot be bought back, and some like the R8 cannot be sold. The Coke Zero Viper and the bonus Cayman S now appear on the car lot and can be bought.

If you have any doubt, just PM me. ;)
Atominist
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Atominist »

Found this version of a bonus car mod that doesn't require the game to be unpacked:

http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloa ... tall-1743/
nkj690
Stock
Stock

Post by nkj690 »

There are a lot of sites doing the coke zero promo, This site gamersyndrome.com is giving away 2 copies of need for speed shift (ps3) along with the promo codes (which are the same as every ones). Nothing like the Consoles this sites giving away but hey its free! ;-) http://gamersyndrome.com/video-games/fr ... hift-draw/
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

ayy can someone pm me the code cuz it says its out of stock on cokerewards.com. i was the one to pm bojan about this and i still havent got it :( poor poor irony
Instagram @SupraHKS
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Zotic+ wrote:ayy can someone pm me the code cuz it says its out of stock on cokerewards.com. i was the one to pm bojan about this and i still havent got it :( poor poor irony
aren't the codes single use only for each account? like the other ones?
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Ok I got the Coke Zero car and it's actually not too bad. It's a reward car, rating 13.00 so it's useful online in the 14.00 bracket. I only ran a few tracks so far but first impressions are pretty good power and handling, but a little tail happy, as you'd expect from a Viper. I'm expect the car to be best at ovals like Dakota Tri and Rustle Creek.

Edit: Back from runs at Tri-Oval and Rustle and as I suspected the car did very well. It's very stable at these ovals - you don't even need to lift like you do in other cars. Expect to see the Coke Viper winning 14.00 oval races often.

Return to “News”