SHIFT Patch 1.02 Live for X360

Need for Speed SHIFT News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

SHIFT Patch 1.02 Live for X360

Post by GT3x24x7 »

SHIFT Patch 1.02 has now gone live for XBox. Users will be prompted to download the patch when the game is started. The 360 leaderboards were wiped recently in preparation for the patch release.

Read the full patch content details here. More detail on the patch rollout and leaderboard wipe after the jump.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: SHIFT Patch 1.02 Live for X360

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Please note that these rollouts are staged around the globe to help manage server load. If you don't get the download prompt yet, be patient and keep trying, it will come to you soon. :)

Also note that the recent 360 leaderboard wipe appears to have been done in preparation for the patch release, as inferred here by EA's NFS Global Community Manager, Andrew "VancouverBlade" Collins on EA's official forum:
VancouverBlade wrote:So there are a few reasons for the leaderboard wipes.

1 - New patch is out and it has different performance to previous build of the game therefore times would be different.
2 - New leaderboard behaviour means we need to start with a clean slate
3 - Get rid of cheats who've managed to achieve unrealistic times - we will be looking closely at these cheats btw

Hope this clarifies things. PC leaderboard will be wiped soon in preparation for the patch release.
The PS3 boards were also wiped just prior to the patch release. Looks like the PC leaderboards are next.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I almost forgot that the patch and DLC for SHIFT are coming tomorrow (actually it's today already xD). Nice, I can't wait to get my hands on the new cars, especially the GT500. And I hope EA really fixes some bugs in the game. Not that I had too many of them, but there's one I'm really looking to get fixed: "Fix for vinyls being incorrectly applied on rear wing."

:mrgreen:
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

I've tested in a friend's xbox and works like charm, there are no more jump cars around and framerate got finally stable. Perfect for me anyways...waiting for the PC patch since it's not in the "classic EA FTP" site =/
jayson74
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jayson74 »

I downloaded the 360 patch but I'm wondering whether or not the DLC was also downloaded with it. If it was, can anyone tell me how to access the new cars?
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

For consoles, there are separate downloads for the 1.0.2 patch and the Team Racing DLC Pack. Only on PC are the two things combined.

Regarding release dates for the DLC pack, the official announcement states:
The Team Racing Pack is available December 1 on Xbox 360 and PC and December 3 on PlayStation 3 in Europe. North American gamers will having to wait until December 10th.
.. so I guess you're "will having" to wait a bit over a week yet. ;)
jayson74
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jayson74 »

Thanks for posting that little piece of info. It's appreciated :)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I guess I'll go to bed before the PC patch and DLC are out. Was it delayed or it's just a matter of time? Are the PC leaderboards cleaned already?
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Patch for PC is already out with the Team Racing pack :)
Go and dl it from needforspeed.com
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Thanks for the info xturbo! I went to the NFS site about 2 hours ago but the patch/DLC was only available for the Xbox 360. Both PlayStation 3 and PC were "Coming Soon".

I'm dowloading it already (135 MB)! I'll update the Wiki car list later on when I get the stats of the new cars. Can't wait to try them out. :mrgreen:

Return to “News”