SHIFT PC Expansion Pack and Patch 1.02 Available

Need for Speed SHIFT News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

SHIFT PC Expansion Pack and Patch 1.02 Available

Post by GT3x24x7 »

The combined 1.02 patch and Team Racing DLC download for PC is now available on the official Need for Speed site. Download the 134Mb file to your desktop and double-click it to begin the installation process.

The patch must be installed in order to continue racing online. This is intended to defeat various cheat tools detected by EA since the game launched for PC.

Steam users note: If you bought your game on Steam, do not install this version of the patch as it's not compatible and will cause problems with your saved games.

For a complete list of fixes included in the patch, see here. The download is available here: http://needforspeed.com/web/nfs/downloads
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Re: SHIFT PC Expansion Pack and Patch 1.02 Available

Post by xturbo »

GT, with all the respect to you and all the years I've been here, I didn't see a reason to lock my thread over GD -> Shift. I posted the info a minute or even seconds after the release and here there was nothing to "worry" about locking... anyways I thrust in your logical descision and if I did wrong, please forgive me, wasn't my intention.

Ontopic:

What I noticed first is the increase in the FPS. I have at least around 40~50 FPS's at 1440x900 res 75hz in a 9600GT I have as a backup, since I'll be getting a GTX280 soon. A little bit of video lag when having a lot of cars in front of me but nothing serious as happened with the 1.00 and 1.01 version. Then, handling is now corrected in the Porsche Carrera GT invitational race and also in the Corvette one, so I guess the patches will let me finish the game correctly. Other things are the black sky thing which I tested around 30 times entering and quitting a race. Also, no hangs when coming from the race to the menu, having to close shift by the task manager, which is superb.

Handling, well, I feel it's the "same" except it gives you the correct feeling now like GT or FM3, which is good lol. What else...well I've tested the patch with an ATi card (4870) and the game seems a little bit optimized since 1.00, which in my opinion is not good.

Anyways, I'm still testing the patch, but so far it fixed LOTS of things that I noticed from 1.01one of them being performance and smoothness.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

The only reason for the lock was to keep the discussion in one place, nothing more. You did nothing wrong.
Overreactman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Overreactman »

This patch, awesome, and for one reason only. I no longer have crash issues when playing Shift on a Widescreen monitor! Now I just need to replace my game pad (daughter broke it by accident) and I can get back to playing Shift!
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Well I was finally able to play SHIFT V1.2. :D

The patch is pretty much useless for me, because most of the problems it fixes, I never faced them. Apart from the occasional grass on the track and once or twice the dark sky, everything else was fine, no crashes or bad framerate. The only fix I was really looking forward to didn't get fixed, so I'm actually pissed off lol. I WANT TO PAINT MY SPOILERS! God dammit...

As for the DLC, I can only say that those cars are a nice addition. I tuned them all and took them for some laps around The Ring. All performed as expected, a bit oversteering here and there (they're are all RWD) but a great fun to drive. All except the Supra have 4 gears and a top speed of around 250/270 km/h. My favourite is the Dodge Challenger R/T, followed by the Stingray, the Shelby GT-500, Charger R/T and last but not least, the Toyota Supra.

For a free DLC, I couldn't ask more (ok, maybe a new track would be good too :P ). The patch was a disappointment for me though, the only fix I was expecting was the only thing left unfixed. And it was in their changelog... oh well. :\

PS: The Wiki is already updated with images of each car and performance info. ;)

PS2: Whoever plays SHIFT online on the PC might start looking for me next week, because I'm finally going to buy the game. I will order it next Monday. :mrgreen:
Terronium 12
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Terronium 12 »

I've been poking around the patch for a couple of hours now and I don't see the big deal or difference, all in all nothing has changed; the bump-jumping is still there, and the cars still glide around corners as if the entire track has a thin coat of ice. I was never too crazy about the car pack, so I guess the only good that's come from the patch is that when tuning you can go from one extreme to the other and it no longer resets itself to one setting before, and the ratio mapping reacts when you shorten or lengthen a gear ratio.

So, hooray for things that should have been proper from the beginning.

EDIT: Whoops. I posted this in the wrong section, this was aimed toward the 360 but it's all the same anyway.
Never become the shadow of another racer; speed is only the beginning.
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Hi guys!

Which patch should UK version install? North American or Other Languages (the language is the same in both countries, but then again... :D)?

Thanks!

Rogério
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Good question. It's confusing because it's unclear whether the patches are divided by region, or by language. My bet is you need to install the 'Other Languages' version, not because of langauge, but because you're not running the North American install.

However I suggest you backup your game folder and save file(s) before applying either patch. That way, you'll be able to revert to the unpatched game if something goes wrong and then try the other version.

Let us know what you find!
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

GT3x24x7 wrote:Good question. It's confusing because it's unclear whether the patches are divided by region, or by language. My bet is you need to install the 'Other Languages' version, not because of langauge, but because you're not running the North American install.

However I suggest you backup your game folder and save file(s) before applying either patch. That way, you'll be able to revert to the unpatched game if something goes wrong and then try the other version.

Let us know what you find!
Thanks mate for your answer! :)

As for Backups, I have 3 is 2 different Locations... And I always keep a backup of the Savegame before each Patch Install! ;P

Cya! :)

Rogério
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

having tried out all the dlc cars, i got to admit they are great, ALL of them. although i feel like Supra is the best here, somehow it seems to accelerate as fast as the muscles, have very slightly better top speed(few km/h's) and better handling because its lighter and brakes better due to that, muscles still are fun to drive, actually challenging, so going too fast in a corner means you dont just fly off the track, you go straight into the wall instead.
only thing i did not like is that you get them ingame garage for free, and cant sell them, though its just a matter of "freedom or no freedom". i liked them all, game is really nice now after the bouncing is gone. though you still can bounce once a while if you hit a car/wall, so its fixed up alot now but not everything is done yet.
i hope that every other EA game will get serious patches like this IF they are needed. it would be better if they weren't of course.

Return to “News”