Ferrari Racing Pack Announced for NFS SHIFT!

Need for Speed SHIFT News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Ferrari Racing Pack Announced for NFS SHIFT!

Post by Skyline_man »

So it's official, Ferrari will make its first comeback to NFS since its last appearance in NFS Hot Pursuit 2.

The Ferrari Racing Pack will be available exclusively on Xbox360 for $10.00 or 800 MS Points and will include the following Ferrari models:

- FERRARI 430 SCUDERIA
- FERRARI 599 GTB FIORIANO
- FERRARI CALIFORNIA
- FERRARI F50 GT
- FERRARI F430 CHALLENGE
- FERRARI F430 GTC
- FERRARI F430 SPIDER
- FERRARI FXX
- FERRARI SCUDERIA SPIDER 16M
- FERRARI SUPERAMERICA

Also those following bonus racing events will be available:

- Ferrari Race Exhibition – Four single race events
- Ferrari Time Challenge - Hot Lap – Four single time attack events.
- Ferrari Mixed Track Competition – Four series events consisting of two races at multi layout tracks.
- Ferrari Time Challenge - Time Attack – Four single time attack events.
- Ferrari Series Competition – Three series events consisting of five races.
- Ferrari Eliminator Competition – Four eliminator based events (2 Lap eliminator and 2 Time eliminator).
- Ferrari Endurance Competition – Two single endurance events.
- Ferrari World Tour – A single race series consisting of 5 races.

For more screenshots and information, visit the official site.
DriftingFan
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Ferrari Racing Pack Announced for NFS SHIFT!

Post by DriftingFan »

thats dumb that its only on 360. i wouldn't be surprised if it was released for pc and ps3 later on though. stuff doesn't stay exclusive for long nowadays but $10 seems a bit much imo
"Fuel burning fast on an empty tank." Cake, The Distance

PSN ID: DriftingFan
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Skyline_man wrote:exclusively on Xbox360
wat

I'm sure the pack will eventually end up on the PC and PS3 as well. If it doesn't, it's probably because of licensing.

I'm also severely disappointed by the lack of F40 and 360. :(

But at least there will finally be Ferraris, amirite? :)
jayson74
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jayson74 »

As a person who plays the 360 I'm happy but I don't see the point of exclusivity here.
reputated
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by reputated »

i smell horses....
Some pursue happpiness; others create it
Ant-artistik
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Ant-artistik »

Man that is awesome. I hope the racing pack will become downloadable for PS3, otherwise it would be a big disappointment for all PS3 gamers that have NFS:Shift who've been wanting to get their hands on a Ferrari, especially me!!
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

man is microsoft doing the same to EA as they did with rockstar and gta 4, thats some cheap bullpoop
Instagram @SupraHKS
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

So... like... why 360 only? What about all those PC users running MICROSOFT windows? -.-
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

I'm sorry but really why are they playing with my heart? Dose EA like doing this to me (us). I'm extremely upset i couldn't believe it was true then i saw just for 360 and just don't know what to say anymore. Fck this. *for the lack of anything better to say*
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Why EA always does something wrong? After a good game and a nice free DLC, they finally bring a bunch of high desirable Ferraris back into NFS but... it's exclusive to one platform! WTF??

I'm so pissed off with EA. I really thought they would things correctly from now on, but it seems that they don't learn with their mistakes. Microsoft is to blame here too, they always try to monopolize everything. :evil:
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

So now there's Ferraris in NFS and once again you aren't happy...
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Bojan, how could we (players who haven't bought the 360 version of SHIFT) can be happy if we aren't able to download this great pack of cars? EA knows very well how much NFS fans wanted to have Ferraris back in NFS games, and they managed to give us what we want. But why screwing that up and making this DLC exclusive to one platform? It isn't fair at all. PS3 users and PC users also deserve this pack. We are all fans of NFS, everyone who bought SHIFT should be able to download this DLC, especially when it contains something that we have been asking for years.

If you're happy with this, then I might question how much NFS fan you are... because who is a truly fan of a game wants everyone to be able to experience the same thing. Exclusivity doesn't do any good. :wink:

I really hope they think better about this and release it on the other platforms. I will certainly buy the pack if they release it on the PC. I love Ferraris. ^^
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I got SHIFT for PS3 and I'm happy that at least the 360 users can drive Ferraris... Isn't that better than no Ferraris anywhere?

Oh and btw, the problem is in the licensing.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I don't see how can you be happy when EA is screwing you. You bought SHIFT for PS3, why then are you not getting this DLC too? Are you lesser than the others? Don't you, as a player and fan, deserve the same? Honestly, I would prefer not to have Ferraris in SHIFT at all instead of having them but just for some. It isn't fair. Either we all have the same or we don't. Like I said, the return of Ferraris is something we have been wishing for so long, EA knows that very well, and they made an effort to get the Ferrari license back (which I think wasn't easy at all). Why releasing it as an exclusive then? I don't get it... really. I see no point for this DLC to be exclusive. They would even make more money if they would sell it on all platforms.

What problem is there in the licensing? Don't say things like piracy or moding, because if that's the problem, then PS3 would be the only platform getting this DLC. There is piracy on the Xbox 360/PC and moding on PC.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Bojan wrote:I got SHIFT for PS3 and I'm happy that at least the 360 users can drive Ferraris... Isn't that better than no Ferraris anywhere?

Oh and btw, the problem is in the licensing.
Laame. Look, I guess it makes sense if they're only allowed to do it on one platform and they pick the one with the most game sales, but it sucks how I paid just as much for the PC version (And the OS vs the 360) and I can't get it.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Hydro_PT wrote:Honestly, I would prefer not to have Ferraris in SHIFT at all.
That says it all...

PC version is cheaper than the other versions.

Different companies own the Ferrari license on different systems. The conditions under which the license is sold of course varies from system to system.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Don't quote only the parts of my sentence that interest you. Here's what I said: "Honestly, I would prefer not to have Ferraris in SHIFT at all instead of having them but just for some." Of course I want Ferraris in SHIFT, but for everyone, not just for some.

PC version is cheaper than the console versions because PC is not a company-owned platform. Both PS3 and Xbox 360 are products from a single company, and so the players must pay some extra money because Sony and Microsoft must pay also some extra money. Don't ask me why, I don't know and I find that stupid, but it's how things work. :P

"Different companies own the Ferrari license on different systems. The conditions under which the license is sold of course varies from system to system."

I didn't know that. I don't think you're lying, but I find that very suspicious. I still think Microsoft and EA are just doing a very unfair deal.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

gg for EA. i liked them until now. i feel a strong desire to just KILL the god damn whole microsoft thing...they ALWAYS <insert any curse here> pay to get it only on their stupid Xbox 360...yeah im complaining now.
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

i'm just going to avoid the whole platform-exclusive thing and whine about the cars.... great selection, except for the bit where HALF (5 out of 10) are variants on the F430! what the fuk is that!
i have nothing more to add
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

The Wiki was updated. If someone has the 360 version and plans to get this DLC, feel free to add more info about each car (tier, drivetrain, rating stock, etc.).

http://wiki.nfsunlimited.net/wiki/Need_ ... T_Car_List

Btw, it's Ferrari Fiorano, not Fioriano. :P
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

If Microsoft owned the Ferrari license for all systems, they wouldn't sell it to Sony for GT, would they ;)

And yes I did quote only a part of your sentence because the fact is that Ferrari DLC is only available for one platform. You clearly stated you'd prefer for the DLC not being released at all.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Bojan wrote:If Microsoft owned the Ferrari license for all systems, they wouldn't sell it to Sony for GT, would they ;)
Good point. Good point indeed. :wink:
Bojan wrote:And yes I did quote only a part of your sentence because the fact is that Ferrari DLC is only available for one platform. You clearly stated you'd prefer for the DLC not being released at all.
But then you're not getting the entire meaning of the sentence. For some reason I added "instead". I'm not sure if I'm explaining myself properly... but what I mean is: either EA releases the DLC for everyone or they don't. I want this DLC, but I would be happier if it didn't exist at all, instead of existing but only for some people. If not everyone is able to drive the Ferraris, what's there to be happy about? It's much better to keep playing SHIFT knowing that no one is driving Ferraris instead of keep playing SHIFT knowing that some people can drive Ferraris, but you cannot. And even if I could, I wouldn't be happy because other people wouldn't be able to drive those cars. I honestly HATE exclusives.

You got it now? :)
UltimateGTR
Ricer
Ricer

Post by UltimateGTR »

EA is the next Rockstar? If NFS don't have PC users to support it at first then I don't think it can have such a popularity nowadays. Now EA ignore our PC users? I don't see any point of exclusive, and I won't buy a new platform just for exclusive in games, I'm not that stupid.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Don't get me wrong, I would be happier if it were available on all systems, but knowing a bit about the background of it simply makes me happy that at least the 360 system got it. I was surprised though that it isn't available for the PC.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Bojan wrote:Don't get me wrong, I would be happier if it were available on all systems, but knowing a bit about the background of it simply makes me happy that at least the 360 system got it. I was surprised though that it isn't available for the PC.
while i wonder, why didnt they make it for PS3 too.. i can understand it not being for PC because of all those unlocker trainers, hex editors/memory editors, but why not for PS3? its kind of same situation as it was with Episodes From Liberty City. it was exclusive to Xbox 360 for a long time and now its coming to PC and PS3...whats the point in that? maybe M$ has too much money? will they ever run out?

Return to “News”