Ferrari Racing Pack Announced for NFS SHIFT!

Need for Speed SHIFT News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Ferrari Racing Pack Announced for NFS SHIFT!

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

I didn't find Undercover that bad (then again, we're talking about two separate versions of the game, so yeah). Quite honestly, I think it was much more playable than Carbon. It's not a great game, yes, but to me it was playable.

And the fact that people are crying about only the 360 getting Ferraris (whether or not PS3 and PC will receive it I am not sure)? That's only more of a reason that I say "EA, don't appease those tools."

Not all fans of the classic NFS games are whiny, but those who want basically a resale of NFS3 just doesn't seem to get it. Going back to the roots of a franchise (a la Sonic the Hedgehog 4) is completely fine, it's the thought of wanting the series to STAY there that upsets me. HELLO! You retro fanboys aren't the only fans of this franchise, so stop thinking that EA has to only please YOU. You're not important at all to the rest of the fanbase, much less EA themselves. While it's true that there has to be call-outs for bad games, going overboard on those criticisms gives me the impression that the fanbase is literally insatiable and that they have no lives other than to booboo about something that is about as irrelevant as a Fred Figglehorn video. Need for Speed, after all, ain't "srs bsns" like some make it out to be.

There are both old school fans and new school fans in this melting pot of a fanbase. In both sides of the paradigm are fans who would enjoy the content they like and come to terms with the content they dislike. That, to me, is a true fan of not only Need for Speed, but any franchise.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

@Jinix: Oh no, I haven't forgot World (it's not WO anymore). I'm actually pretty excited about that game, because if it is well done, I think it's going to be great and innovative. I mean, joining MW and Carbon maps, add lots of cars, tuning, possibly the same handling as in Most Wanted, police, lots of players online and being a free game... that's awesome! :D

However, let's be honest, a console is not that cheaper, while almost everybody who owns a console also owns a PC, and World won't certainly need a super computer to run. So don't go that way please... it's a PC exclusive, right, but most people with consoles will play it. Especially being free. I don't get why EA isn't releasing DLC for the PC anymore. They are going to release something else (another DLC, perhaps?) but only for the consoles. Hmm, licensing problems again? I don't believe in that, but OK. They're just screwing PC users, and last time I checked, SHIFT did fairly well on the PC.

@KammyworldRacerGT4: I think Undercover is the worst NFS game ever. I haven't played them all, but I find difficulty to find a worst game. From graphics to OST, to handling, to stupid AI, lack of interesting free roam, super boring story, even tuning was bad. I only had patience to finish the story because I'm a fan of the series, otherwise I would have just dumped that game in the garbage after the first five minutes. I'm glad I didn't buy it. It has a great formula (MW one) but if failed completely in every aspect.

I have said this before, and I say it again: the NFS fan base is so big and varied at the moment that it is impossible for EA to satisfy everyone, unless they do 2/3 different games per year (which is what they're trying to do IMO). We have the old-school fans who want games like Hot Pursuit, with cops, exotic cars, no tuning, no story and circuit tracks (not like ProStreet though). We also have the "new fans", which want tuning, cop chases, free roam, more normal cars, arcade racing, a story, etc. And we also have, mainly because of SHIFT (and ProStreet too), a new kind of fans emerging, the ones who want a simulator, official races in official circuits, normals cars tuned for racing and not for showing, no story, focus on realism instead of arcade.

To be honest, I'm a bit of everything. I've loved almost every NFS since I started playing (with exception to Undercover). For example, I loved Hot Pursuit's chases and exotic cars, SHIFT's tracks and cars (even though it's not a full simulator, it's pretty good), and I also loved illegal street racing and tuning with Underground, Most Wanted and Carbon. To me, all of this is NFS. So, I don't mind seeing a Hot Pursuit III, Underground 3 or Most Wanted 2, SHIFT 2... I'm absolutely fine with that, as long as the games are good. I don't want the series to be the same all over. We would be bored of that in no time. just imagine a new NFS every year with just new tracks, cars and that's it. Just sequels adding these things wouldn't be good. We need innovation... and who doesn't understand that and just wants to stick with the same type of game isn't a real fan IMO. :)
Jinix
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Jinix »

Hydro_PT wrote:@Jinix: Oh no, I haven't forgot World (it's not WO anymore). I'm actually pretty excited about that game, because if it is well done, I think it's going to be great and innovative. I mean, joining MW and Carbon maps, add lots of cars, tuning, possibly the same handling as in Most Wanted, police, lots of players online and being a free game... that's awesome! :D

However, let's be honest, a console is not that cheaper, while almost everybody who owns a console also owns a PC, and World won't certainly need a super computer to run. So don't go that way please... it's a PC exclusive, right, but most people with consoles will play it. Especially being free. I don't get why EA isn't releasing DLC for the PC anymore. They are going to release something else (another DLC, perhaps?) but only for the consoles. Hmm, licensing problems again? I don't believe in that, but OK. They're just screwing PC users, and last time I checked, SHIFT did fairly well on the PC.
i'm not saying that EA is doing a good job i mean, it could be better by a long mile, however you cant expect them yo have so much focus on a platform, cause even if it is just a port and pretty up, it takes resources, which EA has so far been running on it's elbows in that department....

just be happy we go Ferrari'es in the shift even if it is for the 360, who knows your complaining right now and maybe we get Ferrari'es in world (LOOOONG MAYBE) and our Ferrari'es get's chased around, that will sure beat anything shift can do
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

@Jinix: Porting the DLCs to the PC/PS3 doesn't cost much, I'm pretty sure. Anyway, let's see if you get more DLC for all platforms.

By the way I just noticed a massive mistake in the Wiki lol.

"The second DLC was released on 16th December 2010..."

Who updated SHIFT's page? At least read before you save... :P
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Hydro_PT wrote:@Jinix: Porting the DLCs to the PC/PS3 doesn't cost much, I'm pretty sure. Anyway, let's see if you get more DLC for all platforms.

By the way I just noticed a massive mistake in the Wiki lol.

"The second DLC was released on 16th December 2010..."

Who updated SHIFT's page? At least read before you save... :P
:lol:
maybe its the date for PC?
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

I'm not sure what to think anymore. I am happy that NFS did get Ferrari back into the games even if it is fore 360 (imo the worst platform) but they did say they are going to release something for PS3 and PC. Just hope it makes up for the Ferrari's.

I also Forgot about NFS world. It is exclusive for PC but i say most average NFS gamer that go out to buy them on counsels wont get it for PC even if it is Free.

I think EA just got there hands tied when it comes to Ferrari. So we cant all be mad at them. I'm Pretty sure they will make it up to us with new DLC for the other systems.
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

ONLY FOR THE XBOX 360 !!!! WHY ??????????????????????????? So, I'm a PC gamer !!!! DAMN This !!!! :x :? #-o :roll:
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...

Return to “News”