SHIFT Exotic Racing Series DLC Announced

Need for Speed SHIFT News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
iKs_SweRve
Ricer
Ricer

Re: SHIFT Exotic Racing Series DLC Announced

Post by iKs_SweRve »

One of the main reasons PC users will not get any more support is because none of you pay for the games. And even the people who do pay for the games, they get screwed out of the deals because of other baddies who dont buy it. a perfect example is every user at wrecord.com i have yet to see any1 say they have the legit copy of NFS:Shift.. all of them have the same cracked edition SOOOOOO..... if you want DLC for your PC's then about 95% of you need to get real and start buying things that they produce with real money and not torrent it.

Yes you can pirate console games every1 knows you can, but to play online with them and not get banned is the part where the pirate games fail <- A perfect example of this is the cracked copy of GTA 4. Lots of players were playing this even before the release of the game, and all those players have been tracked down and fined thousands of dollars or even faced jail time. Even PC users know this end of the deal. If you download a game and it has multiplayer extensions you normally cant play because the legit CDKey that someone did go out and buy with real money is using it :lol: :lol:

That is also one of the main reasons PC doesnt get any DLC is because of this issue. If you cant spend the money to go and buy the real thing, then why would they help you with DLC if you wont buy that either [-X [-X =D> =D>

sorry PC users, but your own community of gamers brought this upon the rest of you, sorry :( #-o
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

I don't know what you were talking about there, but it's like this:
You can pirate console games, but you can't play them online.
You can pirate PC games, but you can't play them online.
EDIT: Of course there are exceptions, but I didn't think it was worth noting.

The DLCs don't contain any executables, so they could release them for all the systems if they wanted. If they didn't release this for the PCs because they hold a grudge, they are stupid. If the DLC is already made, then releasing it for another system is basically free profit.

I got bored of NFS Shift before even completing it, but these two DLCs sound awesome. With them I would give the game another chance.

EDIT: Does this count as feeding a troll?
Last edited by peterfaj on 17 Mar 2010, 23:20, edited 2 times in total.
iKs_SweRve
Ricer
Ricer

Post by iKs_SweRve »

You can pirate console games, but you can't play them online.
You can pirate PC games, but you can't play them online.

lawls u so bad :P go to youtube and look up playing console pirate games online, and LOL the 2nd one where you cant play pc games online... you dont get out the box much do you. I recently downloaded Borderlands to try before i buy on my console and i reached level 50 with 4 other people in my party as a Siren. I downloaded and play counter strike SOURCE and i play on steam w/op paying for it.... I dowloaded doom 3 along time ago and played TDM all day back in the day. Starcraft / Broodwar can now be downloaded and played online with forged cd-keys. the list goes on and on i can post more if you need more proof :lol: I even play CoD4 AND CoD MW2 on legit servers and my cd key's are all forged

You troll harder!!
Last edited by iKs_SweRve on 18 Mar 2010, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

The only troll around here seems to be you.

Of course that there is more piracy in the PC than in the consoles, true. But there is a high level of piracy going on, especially on the 360, you can get almost all games for free days before the release date, most of the times the 360 version of a game even appears on torrents BEFORE the PC version does. And the consoles don't need a working crack... less work to make it work.

Btw, "sorry PC users, but your own community of gamers brought this upon the rest of you, sorry". What about you? You're just gladly posting that you download and play games without paying for them. That's a shiznit attitude, you're acting like you are a nice person and buy every game, but in the end, you are worse than a lot of PC gamers. Because believe it or not, there are still a lot of PC gamers who do buy games they like. But when we get things like DRM, constant Internet connection to be able to play, badly done ports and no costumer support, there is only one way to show the companies that they are not doing anything good for PC gaming. And that means piracy.
iKs_SweRve
Ricer
Ricer

Post by iKs_SweRve »

but dude, the fact that people dont buy the game does influence there reasons to not release it. Yes it is technical and would take them maybe an hour or so to code it for PC alot of people DONt buy games anymore. and alot of the pc community is shamed for that reason i have done my fair share of downloading games to but i always ended up buying it for the console and deleting it off my harddrive, because some demo's dont cut it for me. there are alot of reasons why dlc doesnt come out for pc's and pirating is one of those influential things. not to mention countless other reasons. and im not a troll just because i dont post on these forums on the regular, i use the shoutout box on leaderboards daily since last year in december on meanface account so yea.. im no troll i have alot of posts here

i am sure NFS:World will offer lots and lots and lots of DLC because its MMO style and thats just how things like that are incoporated or world of warcraft wouldnt be as popular still as it is today.... and sorry if i came on strong but sometimes im a deuche like that apparently
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

....sure...
so yeah, we get DRM, contant internet connection to be able to play , hundreds of lame protections + a cdkey to enter + limited activations + stupid software clogging up system memory just to play the game and DLC ripped out of the full game to sell it later, and now everyone is supposed to be cool with that, buy all the games just in hopes that EA/or anyone else gives them DLC for some more money. its not the pirates fault that PC gets screwed. okay sure they arent too good but if the game gets cut in pieces, sold for 5x the normal value , AND has stupid security that only makes the legal users suffer, what do you expect people to do? just pay for something that doesnt work because of no real reason? or download it off some torrent site , crack it and enjoy a game that works better than legit copy and theres no need to bother with DRM?

if they got rid of stupid DRM , starforce, securom, and whatever else, went quality instead of quantity, made multiplayer GREAT, and optimize the game properly (PLEASE) then maybe the "95%" would actually buy some games instead of downloading them. but so far its gone downhill, X acts like an bumbumhead and puts DRM in their game, people pirate it, X complains about sales and stops next games/DLC/whatever for PC, players complain, and everyone is happy. or maybe not so happy.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

PC Game is a dying breed...

however, there are still a few companies who do it right:
BioWare with Dragon Age Origins and Awakening... playing on the console just isn't nearly the same as playing the very same game on PC, and look! they get DLC too!
DICE does it good on the PC as well... *EA gets credits as well, but it's more DICE doing the job than EA is* and Bad Company 2 is played on PC more than both Consoles COMBINED!!!
Valve has always been a PC company, and it's always PC they tend to first, and look at what Steam is doing... why can't more game developers learn from those who made it work rather than trying out something that totally fails and pushes even MORE people away from their games?!?

To be honest, I was really looking forward to Assassin's Creed 2, but ever since the DRM was confirmed, it has completely turned me away... so much that I can't even bother pirating it neither... that's how much I hate UBIsoft now...
I REFUSE to play it EVEN FOR FREE!
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

^I completely agree. I was looking forward to AC2, but I don't want to support their DRM crap.
If it ever gets cracked so it doesn't require a connection (and be an even better experience than an original copy (heh, originaly copy)) I'll probably get a pirate version.

And another company I'd add to the list is Crytek. But they are releasing Crysis 2 for consoles too (heh, rime), so I don't know how long they can be on that list. If they do it right, they can stay, but if the PC version will suffer for it, they will suffer too. No, actually they won't.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

@zedex: You know something funny? For the past 12 years or even more, I keep hearing the same thing: PC Gaming is dying. Guess what, it hasn't died yet. And it will not.

The consoles are on the top now, for quite some time already, and most companies just focus on whatever gives them money at the moment. If consoles give more money and need less work, then let's make games for the consoles. There are still great PC games out there (some are even exclusive), because there are still companies who do their job right and make good games. They don't use stupid security programs, they don't have a limit number of installations, they create their games for the PC from scratch or then do a great port (Mass Effect anyone?) and they treat their consumers the right way. You guys already mentioned some of them, so there's no need to repeat those.

I won't be "blind" and say that piracy doesn't affect PC Gaming. Yes it does, and it's the center of all problems related to the "health" of PC Gaming. But that serves as an excuse for everything that companies do wrong! You get a bad port, the fault comes landing on piracy. You get stupid security systems that get cracked in one day, piracy is to blame. You get no costumer support or DLC, piracy again is the faulty one. I mean... WTF?

I believe it won't take too long before this whole "piracy kills the PC" thing gets finally to an end. The solution, IMO, is to end retail version of games and keep everything digital. Yeah, like STEAM. There are much more benefits... you get games at a lower price (so more people will buy them) and you don't need to waste money on retail versions, just keep a bunch of servers on and they do the job. I really think that STEAM (and similar programs) are the future, and when companies finally realize that, they will start getting their attention back to the PC. But while that doesn't happen, we will have to suck up all this...
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

I think this makes up for the lost of the x360 exclusive DLC. And for people who are winding about pc exclusive u got nfsworld for free so hush.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

arabnight wrote:I think this makes up for the lost of the x360 exclusive DLC. And for people who are winding about pc exclusive u got nfsworld for free so hush.
World was promised to us LONG ago before those DLCS.
we got first DLC. then Ferrari appears ONLY on xbox, something is wrong already. then another DLC appears only on Xbox and PS3. whats next? only for PS3 and PC? and then only PC?

if this DLC thing keeps going that way then more likely than not we will see NFS World on consoles with DLC on launch day and PC wont get the DLC. because of those bad pirates that completely ruin , kill and destroy PC gaming and cause bad ports , DLC exclusives, and weird security systems that get hacked in a few days.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Hydro_PT wrote:I believe it won't take too long before this whole "piracy kills the PC" thing gets finally to an end. The solution, IMO, is to end retail version of games and keep everything digital. Yeah, like STEAM. There are much more benefits... you get games at a lower price (so more people will buy them) and you don't need to waste money on retail versions, just keep a bunch of servers on and they do the job. I really think that STEAM (and similar programs) are the future, and when companies finally realize that, they will start getting their attention back to the PC. But while that doesn't happen, we will have to suck up all this...
I would like to argue the opposite case - I believe that too much reliance on digital distribution is part of what's killing PC gaming. Digital distribution simply doesn't work on PC the same way it works on consoles, because if you have access to the actual files (as you always will on the PC), you can copy them. Digital download services like Steam and copy protection schemes like SecuROM cause headaches to legitimate users and do not pose problems to pirates. All it takes is for one SecuROM game to be cracked, for example, before all SecuROM games can be cracked similarly.

Instead, I'd support a return to mainly hard-copy / disc format for PC games. Why? For one, the physical disc or something coming with a hard copy of the game could be used as copy protection, if implemented properly, rather than having to rely on a cumbersome and buggy software copy protection service. It'd increase revenues to gaming stores like GameStop, and it would keep tools like Steam from gaining monopolies. However, this isn't to say that digital distribution must be completely ended - it would just be better if the bulk of sales were in disc format, as is the case with most consoles.

Return to “News”