Need for Speed World Online Producer Interview

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Need for Speed World Online Producer Interview

Post by Bojan »

There is a new interview with Need for Speed World Online producer Scott Henshaw up on the official website. Scott mentions a few things about game modes, region availability cops and more.
Those of you who noticed the world in the first screenshot looks a lot like Carbon's:
We were impressed how quickly people noticed this when we released the screen; they clearly know our games well. It’s true that we’re using the city of Carbon (we’re actually merging it with the Most Wanted world too) but these games are two of the most popular and best loved games we’ve shipped, so we’re excited to bring our players back to those cities.
Read the whole interview here.
td0g21
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Need for Speed World Online Producer Interview

Post by td0g21 »

off topic: i wish theyd do like a motor city online 2 just chuck full of muscle

on topic: sounds good, i just hope u can choose your OWN game room instead of this "match with your skill" crap....
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

i think is going to be a good game but kinda old they are using the places from the old game such as most wanted and carbon. wish they had talk about the different amount of cars and wat cars can we expect from this game
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

old can be fun again, like I just reinstalled Carbon 5 minutes ago just for fun
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

So... once again same car models back from MW, some bodykits like the one on supra is from 2003 and UG1. Vinyls will probably be the same thing we used to see in MW, Carbon, PS. Cops are the same and i doubt they will do anything new about that part of the game. And now, even city is old. No wonder they are about to do 3 games in one year, all has been made so far, just have to merge it.

I dont know why would anyone be so damn stupid to fall for that one again. Now when there is Burnout Paradise on PC, the game NFS should have always been like, there is no point of rebuying same shiznit with slightly different NFS name on it.

And my god Burnout is fun. DJ Atomica is hilarious, online he is even better. And there isnt a single moment in the game that makes you bored. One second you are blasting at presumably 300kmh through town evading anything that could end up with massive crash - witch again is fun to look at, other second you are crashing opponents into buildings, cars and bits are flying all over the place and you still have to evade traffic and everything because you are doing 300kmh. Then you are trying to survive stampedo of raging cars that just want to crash you, and then there is the city... thousands of shortcuts, thousands of stuff to crash, billboards, super jumps, ramps, bridges... i could go on forever. Who ever wants to play games for fun, or likes cars, or likes good gfx witch runs smoothly, or nice humor or whatever that is good in the world should try Burnout Paradise and forget about NFS.

NFS is DEAD!!!
Rizur
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Rizur »

Why I dont play Burnout Paradise is that there is no real cars and its too arcade. So thats why im still playing NFS.

But TS-X you have a point there... NFS is repeating itself too much.
I can take the same city (if its modified and larger) but what I need is new bk's, new vinyls, better vinyl system and more cars. And imo NFS used to have great steering, not too arcade and not too realistic... in ProStreet it was too simulation-like and in UC too arcade.

Back on topic:
I think that NFS World Online would be fun game to play just if it doesnt lag too much. It would be nice to show your cars to the other gamers and of course compete with them. Online team matches would also be great.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Sounding great so far for WO. Let's see what EA brings in the weeks to come. :)
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

Sounds nice so far except for the MW/Carbon city blend, I want something new, but I guess it'll be decent.
XCROSSX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by XCROSSX »

It sounds really promising. I like it so far. And if it's going to be free I will have nothing to lose :).
GT3x24x7 wrote:I don't get why the word 'irony' has nothing to do with metallurgy.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

They don't really tell that much... I honestly would like to think this sounds good... but seriously, I don't trust EA anymore. I hope NFS World Online is going to be a good game... I don't mind the fact that they're recycling and merging Most Wanted and Carbon city. Maybe that way they won't lose much time creating a whole new city and they can focus in other aspects like gameplay, tuning, features, etc.

"What you’ll see debuting in Taiwan over the next few months is a version of the game designed specifically for Asian audiences. Our North American and European versions will be tuned to the gaming styles and expectations of those players."

I hope this doesn't mean that we will only have American and European vehicles, while the Asian game will only have Asian cars. I don't really understand why they're doing this kind of thing... but I hope it won't affect the final game.

Let's hope for more news...
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

"If You ask Me the 1st Image of "Need For Speed World Online" looks more like from NFS Underground and not like from NFS Carbon or Most Wanted - the 1st trailer shows up this impression however... the streets and the city! I like the way Need For Speed goes online: bigger, open world, police pursuits (co-op/team-play mode)... it sounds really interesting, but I don't think NFS Carbon's City is well chosen for the Online Mode... The "Most Wanted" Area is an Awesome Idea and there I would like to suggest to put NFS Most Wanted with NFS Underground 1 & 2 together... instead of NFS Carbon and this is not just because of the City... I see there much more potential than in NFS Carbon as for example the Tuning Parts and Game Modes... I hope You can see there "Tandem-Drift" like in "RD GRID",too!"

@Bojan! 8)

"The ONLY one thing I want "EA" to please to avoid the use of "Cheats" throughout the ONLINE gaming!" [-o< [-o< [-o<
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

NFS Carbon and perhaps Most Wanted at night, and hopefully you get to drive from one city to another. They should have put in the NFS: U2 city in too. I don't mind that they're merging cities into one massive playground, especially since the game is FREE (key word :P )

Of course, chances are that the only free cars are gonna be some stripped down ricers and they will charge you money for upgrades or the higher-end cars. Either way, can't wait for more information and I'm actually looking forward to this game, more than Shift at least.
African_HITman
Ricer
Ricer

Post by African_HITman »

Will there Still be Customizing? Because the cars all seem to be stock
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

African_HITman wrote:Will there Still be Customizing? Because the cars all seem to be stock
They said that this game would offer more cars and parts than any other NFS game... something that I really don't believe... but then, maybe lol.

As soon as the game is released in Asia we will be able to see how it is. I wouldn't mind getting a copy of it, even if it's not in English. :lol:
DzOniZz
Ricer
Ricer

Post by DzOniZz »

Hydro_PT wrote:
African_HITman wrote:Will there Still be Customizing? Because the cars all seem to be stock
They said that this game would offer more cars and parts than any other NFS game... something that I really don't believe... but then, maybe lol.

As soon as the game is released in Asia we will be able to see how it is. I wouldn't mind getting a copy of it, even if it's not in English. :lol:
Yeah, right, as i remember, they said the same about undercover. I liked what Rizur said about this game but i don't fully agree to him. I think this game is going to suck real bad, cause it's the same carbon with additional city, and carbon suked real bad, it's second worst game after undercover? Why? There was those exotics whichs firetruck up the whole driving expierence, why put level 3 upgrades on a car which with stock parts has over 500hp?And speed is still the same...Carbon city was...i don't know how it was cause i dont know it, i've always used jump function.New body parts in World Online? Yeah right, it'll be the same parts from underground...In conclusion this game will be the same soap bubble as undercover. Shift is something interesting, somethin worht of waiting. I just hope the fourth game will be Underground 3, ilove u und u2, especially u2, for me it's still the best NFS ever.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

50 bucks says World online will be a bucket of FAIL.

servers full of 13 y/o whiners calling you a "nubcake" everytime you win.

Sorry, but I just dont see this one playing out the way they say it will.
korge
Dunko
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dunko »

I think that when everyone said the trailer looked like Carbon, they meant the lighting effects and car geometry. It looks like somebody at EA may have confused that to mean that the city looks like Carbon's city (I think it was Palmont). I honestly can't tell, because it all goes quickly and the cars are taking up too much of the screen so I can't see much background.

Edit: On closer examination, I guess it does sort of look like Carbon's city. Interesting...
eat, sleep, race
Jensenr88
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Jensenr88 »

Imnnot too worried about world online. I spend my money and time on my xbox. So my sights are set on shift :)
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

I think going into this with low expectations is a good idea. that way you can't really be dissapointed
I think it will be fun for a little while
I hope I'm pleasantly surprised
I don't think we should expect amazingness from a free game tho
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

EA, for the love of God, listen to us this time when we say "DON'T SCREW IT UP!"

You just got a +rep for the game in my book... but only because you're using the MW map. Don't get cocky - it's true most NFS's suck recently, but it's not that kind of cocky. :wink:
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

You know what's really going to suck? When you see a guy in a bright green and bright pink striped, horribly tuned Lamborghini racing beside/behind you. Then again, we got similar stuff with the AI cars in some recent NFS games.

I like the concept, but the final execution is what will cut it for me. For a MMO game, there really needs to be solid customization, because that'll be your trademark; it's what will identify you. If recent games are any inclination, a simple 4-5 parts per category just won't cut it, as won't full body kits. If they manage to go back to Underground and Underground 2 level of customization, World Online may at least be successful in that aspect.

I think in the end, if EA can focus on that customization aspect and add the option of some sort of free roam where you can just roam around with friends without racing (think TDU), the actual gameplay won't matter much. It sounded to me like EA is thinking the same, hence the supposed emphasis on parts etc. I also like the fact that they'll be incorporating the cities of MW and Carbon, but that can go to waste if there's no free roam. I personally have no problems going back to the city of MW; it was a good city with lots of good curves, straights, etc. and even Carbon had some nice tracks. But I do wish they could add some more cities (maybe an expansion?).

As things stand, I like the concept of World Online very much. But then again, Hellgate London also had a good concept, but failed in execution.
DzOniZz
Ricer
Ricer

Post by DzOniZz »

Another thing people, wanna awesome customization and exciting game with dar level of AI, buy Midnight Club Los Angeles,thats for those people who has consoles, and for rest of us (pc players) still remains a little hope that we will see this awesome game on pc, as it was with GTA IV
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

They said Carbon was one of the most popular and loved NFSs.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I have to agree.. I loved it.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Andre_online wrote:I have to agree.. I loved it.
gtfo
korge

Return to “News”