World Online Interface Revealed

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

World Online Interface Revealed

Post by Bojan »

A new post on the official Need for Speed blog reveals the interface for the upcoming MMO Need for Speed World Online.

Key to the concept of NFS World Online is the user interface which has been built from the ground up to take advantage of the PC architecture. Instead of a traditional console view of a game, we’re using a user-selectable gadget interface designed specifically for the PC. The system allows the gamer to choose which components of the interface they want to add to their game. The gadgets are really flexible and offer a wide range of display options: docked/undocked, floating in the game window or just sitting outside of the game space. A lot of gamers now have more than one monitor so you could keep the game window entirely clean and then have all the gadgets sit in the other monitor. We think it’s about time PC gamers had games that allowed them to arrange their information their way.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: World Online Interface Revealed

Post by Andre_online »

Wow. Now I totally remember that place from Most Wanted. The best straights. Hmm, somehow I'm having doubts about this game and I can't find an explanation express my feelings..

The graphics look excellent though, for PC, and the shadow details are definitely much better than of Undercover's. But user interface seem clustered, verging on distracting. I'm still waiting for in-game videos..
XCROSSX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by XCROSSX »

I only hope it won't have level up.
GT3x24x7 wrote:I don't get why the word 'irony' has nothing to do with metallurgy.
Jensenr88
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Jensenr88 »

The graphics look good. But the HUD looks too clustered. Especially the speedo
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

"It should not be complicated... and I hope it wont be... It looks Awesome so far... Cheating must be a Problem!" 8)
African_HITman
Ricer
Ricer

Post by African_HITman »

Graphics look awsome...
by the way.. isn't this the place were u jump the unfinished bridge in your BMW M3 GTR in the end of Most Wanted
African_HITman
Ricer
Ricer

Post by African_HITman »

...And whats that autodrive logo in the middle mean?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

African_HITman wrote:Graphics look awsome...
by the way.. isn't this the place were u jump the unfinished bridge in your BMW M3 GTR in the end of Most Wanted
It is.. A few yards more and you're there. :)
td0g21
Ricer
Ricer

Post by td0g21 »

actually its not, the right map is the 1 in the lower right, not the top.

looks good so far, tho knowing ea and having everything bugged im sure they'll screw it up

looks dx9 so im happy

also hopin for a ingame jukebox. tho no biggie if i gotta use winamp instead
gtx_tuner
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gtx_tuner »

if they put the nfs MW graphic in nfs world ... i will be a KILLER !!! :D ....
ozzy89
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ozzy89 »

looks good :) now i'm waiting for carlist :roll:
Key to the concept of NFS World Online is the user interface which has been built from the ground up to take advantage of the PC architecture. Instead of a traditional console view of a game, we’re using a user-selectable gadget interface designed specifically for the PC. The system allows the gamer to choose which components of the interface they want to add to their game. The gadgets are really flexible and offer a wide range of display options: docked/undocked, floating in the game window or just sitting outside of the game space
same as like old good nfs :roll:
Rizur
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Rizur »

This sounds really good imo.
Graphics look good and not too demanding.
I like the chatbox idea and autodrive option makes it even better.
Now just give us good tuning and then I'll be happy :)
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

The chatbox seems like a gimmick - and I feel it's utterly distractive when driving. Aren't you taught to focus on the road when driving? Heh! ;)
DzOniZz
Ricer
Ricer

Post by DzOniZz »

if there will be only vars like carrerra gt, zonda, veyron,this game is definately not for me....btw HUD looks sucks.
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

Andre_online wrote:
African_HITman wrote:Graphics look awsome...
It is.. A few yards more and you're there. :)
td0g21 wrote:actually its not, the right map is the 1 in the lower right, not the top.

actually it is (see picture attachment).

and for those complaining the layout looks "teh sux" i bet you didn't read any of the article
Key to the concept of NFS World Online is the user interface which has been built from the ground up to take advantage of the PC architecture. Instead of a traditional console view of a game, we’re using a user-selectable gadget interface designed specifically for the PC. The system allows the gamer to choose which components of the interface they want to add to their game. The gadgets are really flexible and offer a wide range of display options: docked/undocked, floating in the game window or just sitting outside of the game space. A lot of gamers now have more than one monitor so you could keep the game window entirely clean and then have all the gadgets sit in the other monitor. We think it’s about time PC gamers had games that allowed them to arrange their information their way.

imo i don't mind that they're bringing back the whole cities of rockport or carbon canyon for that matter and merging them together etc.. i mean visuals are great couldn't complain, but last i checked it wasn't the visuals that were the problems... undercover looked fantastic BUT it was the way the cars handled that was the real let down for me. basically they can make the game look as good as they want and even bring back the exact same old city from nfsmw because of all the fond memories that many people have etc HOWEVER if the cars handle like crap it's still going to be a game to forget.

here's my little example for ea of how they can get the physics/handling correct:
[note: i'm only talking about how satisfying the car handles; not overall game experience]

realistic
8 - pro street - it's ok but meh..
6 - carbon - canyon racing = yes. drift physics = NOOOO VERY BAD >:(
5 - most wanted - PERFECT!!! JUST FREAKING COPY & PASTE THIS PHYSICS INTO NFS WORLD!!!!!!!!
4 - underground 1 & 2 - good start, but later improved in nfsmw
2 - undercover - pre-programed "style driving" = YUCK. can do all those even better in nfsmw and without help kthx.
arcade

/end mini rant. :twisted:
Attachments
screeny from nfsmw in the same position
screeny from nfsmw in the same position
Last edited by 93360 on 02 Mar 2009, 03:28, edited 2 times in total.
XCROSSX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by XCROSSX »

93360 wrote: 5 - most wanted - PERFECT!!! JUST FREAKING COPY & PASTE THIS PHYSICS INTO NFS WORLD!!!!!!!!
Can't agree more.
GT3x24x7 wrote:I don't get why the word 'irony' has nothing to do with metallurgy.
simonfzhao
Ricer
Ricer

Post by simonfzhao »

This Chinese gaming site said that the game will be released sometime march in HK:
http://ng.pcgames.com.cn/xyxw/oumei/0902/1348592.html
I see a 350z, Eclipse, Caymen, Rx-7 and Gallardo, so I guess it wont all be exotics :p
And on the next page, it shows that you can pick your own character :O does that mean there will actually be convertables this time? :D
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

93360 wrote:and for those complaining the layout looks "teh sux" i bet you didn't read any of the article
Actually I did. I just don't like my game screen to be clustered. Period. :)
93360 wrote:undercover looked fantastic BUT it was the way the cars handled that was the real let down for me. basically they can make the game look as good as they want and even bring back the exact same old city from nfsmw because of all the fond memories that many people have etc HOWEVER if the cars handle like crap it's still going to be a game to forget.
I thought I was the only one having this issue. This is the main reason why I didn't get UC in the first place - truly a let down.
93360 wrote:5 - most wanted - PERFECT!!! JUST FREAKING COPY & PASTE THIS PHYSICS INTO NFS WORLD!!!!!!!!
I second that. No more 180 handbrake turns. It's way too......... I can't describe it. Unrealistic - which was what I wanted to say - is just too cliche.
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

NFS World Online is my whole world !!!! can't wait to get my hands on this great game !!!! For those who say that i'm a NFS fan blindly : Say whatever u want !!!! :P 8)
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

You should try other racing games than just NFS, just to get some exposure. :)
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

My first thought was: Wow, that looks really cluttered.
My second thought was: Hey, I remember that place from Most Wanted.
My third thought was: Holy shiznit, the graphics look better than the teaser trailer!

I'm glad that at least we'll be able to customize the interface. Although I don't think we'll be able to customize the gadgets themselves, it'd be nice to have the option of an analog tachometer rather than the ridiculous digital one. I like the idea of incorporating the map into the speedometer. I always found it a little annoying that I had to look at different corners of the screen.

I like the graphics so far. Hopefully they're using an updated engine that won't have the graphical problems of Most Wanted (shadows on an ATI card, etc.) I'm a little lost as to how EA can make a game such as this free to download and free to play. How will the developers get paid? How will the cost of maintaining the servers and continuing development be offset?

Things just feel a bit fishy, that's all.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

i wonder what the soundtrack will be like. I hope they put Bullet for My Valentine in there like they did nfsmw. THere my fave band
Instagram @SupraHKS
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

The graphics look great... looks like EA might actually pull this off this time.

I'm looking forward to WO.

Oh and, Andre_online - Apparently the game (according to the screenshot) has an autodrive feature. That way the autopilot drives while you chat.
DzOniZz
Ricer
Ricer

Post by DzOniZz »

XCROSSX wrote:
93360 wrote: 5 - most wanted - PERFECT!!! JUST FREAKING COPY & PASTE THIS PHYSICS INTO NFS WORLD!!!!!!!!
Can't agree more.
Totally disagree,MW wasn't very bad, but clearly it was'nt perfect, carbon sucks ass same as undercover, best games were underground series.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Too much going on. Reminds me of World of Warcraft interface or something.
korge

Return to “News”