World Online Interface Revealed

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Re: World Online Interface Revealed

Post by TRANSFORMER »

"Yeah, Frankie, You did mentioned Good Aspects about the Advantages of the Interface, Respect 4 the fact!" 8)

PS: "Meanwhile I enjoy "Race Driver Grid" ONLINE, after I have just finished GTA "Liberty City" on PC!" :D :D :D :wink:
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

TRANSFORMER wrote:"Yeah, Frankie, You did mentioned Good Aspects about the Advantages of the Interface, Respect 4 the fact!" 8)

PS: "Meanwhile I enjoy "Race Driver Grid" ONLINE, after I have just finished GTA "Liberty City" on PC!" :D :D :D :wink:
Can you not make a post without excessive use of quotation marks or smileys?

Anyone who's complaining about how the HUD looks cluttered, read the actual article. You'll then see that the screenshot is actually showing all of the things that are possible to add to the HUD at this time. You'll be able to selectively add and remove items.

BTW, how do you guys think they'll connect Rockport and Palmont? If I remember correctly, at the end of MW, you had to jump an unfinished bridge. Think it'll be the same, or will the transition be more smooth?
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

prince1142003 wrote:
TRANSFORMER wrote:"Yeah, Frankie, You did mentioned Good Aspects about the Advantages of the Interface, Respect 4 the fact!" 8)

Can you not make a post without excessive use of quotation marks or smileys?

Anyone who's complaining about how the HUD looks cluttered, read the actual article. You'll then see that the screenshot is actually showing all of the things that are possible to add to the HUD at this time. You'll be able to selectively add and remove items.

BTW, how do you guys think they'll connect Rockport and Palmont? If I remember correctly, at the end of MW, you had to jump an unfinished bridge. Think it'll be the same, or will the transition be more smooth?

My bet is that the bridge is lowered, follow by some long road which is connected to Carbon mountain. Just like the intro movie in nfsc.
*Senny*
Ricer
Ricer

Post by *Senny* »

I found this and the game comes only in the winter and in asia in the summer thats strange but anyway i found this its a chinees site from Need For Speed World online.
http://www.nfswo.com.tw/
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

who said anything about Both cities to be in the game COMPLETELY, the only thing they said is that they used both cities for the new map, they did not mention that they will make exact copies of both cities and merge them into 1 big map.

That's how false hope creeps in...
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I can't wait to see NFS Carbon tracks being lit up under the sun since Carbon was at night.. :D
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

prince1142003 wrote: BTW, how do you guys think they'll connect Rockport and Palmont? If I remember correctly, at the end of MW, you had to jump an unfinished bridge. Think it'll be the same, or will the transition be more smooth?
I already talked about that a few posts back. :P

If they use both cities completely, then it makes sense that we use that road to reach Palmont and the other way round. But probably there will be more... or then it will be just one city, with parts from Rockport and parts from Palmont. I prefer the first option though, a night-day cycle so you can experience both cities during the night or the day.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

this is a great idea but i feel like the roads are just gona be cluttered with ppl you can only make a city so big in a game unless they go GTA5 big so no mater how many ppl get online there wont be a clutter or traffic from actually drivers not ai traffic...but other then that i think it could be a really great game dont wana put my hopes all the way up there but im just gona fall back and watch it grow. I just enjoy the HUD is made just for pc users.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

@Andre!

"The Carbon City sucks anyways... I liked the Canyons a BIT more than that @ night!"

@prince1142003!

"Ignored!" !-o

@*Senny*!

"Good Info!" :wink:
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

Looking good. With the interface being made of gadgets, it should be interesting to be able to make your UI as simple or complex as you'd like.
African_HITman
Ricer
Ricer

Post by African_HITman »

I rekon they'll be a menu were u select
First - Character Select
Second - Car Choice
Third - A choice of 2 maps.. Either Most Wanteds, Or Carbons... I doubt they'll that much effot like "Day/Night Cycles from city to city" into a free game. I just think you will choose a single map to cruise around in. Carbon or Most Wanted. Simple as that

Just my opinion.... Don't hate
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

not sure how they would connect the 2 cities based on the old maps because the intro carbon was the m3gtr cruising along and then battling it out with cross's corvette in the mountains before the m3gtr is wrecked... anyways my point is the mountain tracks where never connected to the city roads in carbon iirc.
kovu1123
Ricer
Ricer

Post by kovu1123 »

cont say much but i hope there will be car customization [-o< [-o< [-o< if is then i hope the body work is most wanted and vinyls are carbons [-o< [-o< the 2 best thing from most wanted and carbon :D :D :D :D
bluestreak908
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by bluestreak908 »

why dont we get this 4 ps3 and x360????
carbon and mw were my 2 fave nfs games!!!
TUNERS ROCK!!!
DzOniZz
Ricer
Ricer

Post by DzOniZz »

93360 wrote:not sure how they would connect the 2 cities based on the old maps because the intro carbon was the m3gtr cruising along and then battling it out with cross's corvette in the mountains before the m3gtr is wrecked... anyways my point is the mountain tracks where never connected to the city roads in carbon iirc.
They could connect them with Nevada Higway from Pro Street. That'd be cool.
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

If you look at the picture that was posted by 93360 and compare it with the picture of World Online then you can see plenty of differences between both of them. I'm amazed that no one else noticed them. Pictures are below
Image Image

Now to talk about the differences which are the roads.
1.If you look to the left of where both the cars are located, then you'll see that a road that isn't in MW is in World Online.
2.As for the connection between both the cities, look at where the shortcut is in MW and if you look at the location of the shortcut that was in MW in the World Online picture then you will see a much wider and bigger road which could mean that Rockport's Government did something about that tiny road and made it into a highway (possibly) to connect to Palmont.
3.The road directly parallel to the shortcut road in MW and the 'possible' highway are both different. In MW it curves slightly whereas in World Online it turns straight up towards the top of the map.
4. If you look to the right of both the car's locations then you'll see a new shortcut which isn't there in MW.
5.Looking at the area below the locations of the cars shows a lot of differences between both the maps.

After observing these differences, I say that these differences in the map may be because EA might not want players of MW to use their knowledge of the map to their advantage and so created a map with a few differences so that it would be a map that would be new for all. Those are my thoughts about it.
Or maybe it is just that the producers thought that the map(s) needed a slight revamp and so gave it one.

Offtopic: I made the numbers bold so that it would be easier for everyone to quote them if needed or if someone wanted to refer to them. :)
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Yeah well obviously they need to refresh it a bit or it would just be unoriginal and on retrospect maybe they could see some improvements they could make to the road.

Offtopic: Thankyou for bolding the numbers it would make it a lot easier for me and other users to quote if needed :D
xD4N73x
Ricer
Ricer

Post by xD4N73x »

So these pictures are kinda old already and we all saw them but I found a "photoshop clue" in them xD.
So, check out the map at this picutre:
Now check out the map at the upper left corner of this picture:
The locations are kinda similar, aren't they? They just turned the 1st picture map like 15º to the right.
It seems strange as we all know that the 1st picture is from Carbon city and the 2nd one is from Most Wanted city.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Well it looks like the map in the top right in the second picture is following the Mazda RX7 as the map in the bottom-right is showing where the Porsche is.This is of course presuming that the pictures were taken at the same time.
Attachments
Note the 2nd map is not where the user actually is
Note the 2nd map is not where the user actually is
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:Well it looks like the map in the top right in the second picture is following the Mazda RX7 as the map in the bottom-right is showing where the Porsche is.This is of course presuming that the pictures were taken at the same time.
Looking at the picture of WO showing the interface, something I just noticed was that the screen below has two maps! Gasp! Two maps! What would we want with two maps?! :-s Now if we knew the purpose of these two maps (still gasping) then that might explain why the location on the picture of the Carrera and the RX-7 (picture two posts above) are supposedly in the same location. Lets run through the various possibilities

1.One possible assumption we can make is that in the usual NFS fashion, the map is at the bottom of the screen. This time not on the left but on the right integrated into the speedo and tacho. If this is correct then that means that both the locations on the map at the top-left of the screen could possibly be considered as a map that shows the locations of other players and maybe even your own car's location. If what I just said is true, then it would clash with what I said in my previous post. (three posts above)

2.Possibility number two is that both the maps can be modified through Settings and so can be set to possible options such as "Show only players"or "Show Me" which might explain the purpose of two maps. If this assumption is true then in this case, the Carrera's picture would have the top map on "Show Me" and the bottom map on "Show Players" while it would be vice-versa for the RX-7 picture.

These are only the possibilities which I have thought which may or may not turn out to be true.

@Dr. Houbenheimer: No problem, just making it easier for everyone else ;)
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Yeah I think we can safely say that the map which is showing your current location is the one built into the taco/speedo-meter while the other optional map in the top-right of the Porsche can display any part of the game world. On it you'll notice it says "LEFT CLICK A HEXAGON TO GO TO AN EVENT" or something along those lines so maybe this isn't a map locked onto other drivers but just a dynamic map you can move around while racing to select an event that you want to jump to. Also just looking at the RX7 pic note the heap of cars on the left hand side of the road - unless that is a race currently taking place (which it doesn't look like as all the cars look like low res traffic cars) then that might mean some very crowded roads. What do you think?
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

Well yes, I did notice the overcrowded roads, lets hope that that doesn't turn out to be true as it might become a problem, expecially if both the lanes are crowded like in the picture. You'll have no choice but to plough through! What'll happen then? And those are traffic cars as they look like the usual ones that have been appearing since MW. (Talk about recycling!)

Maybe these crowded roads may be area specific, or maybe its because we're free roaming and so it won't matter much if we smash traffic and so they brought in a few small (hopefully) crowds of traffic. But then again if they were making it area specific then looking at the area, that small (once again, hopefully) crowd of traffic wouldn't be unusual in a normal town of that size.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

yeah I agree completely
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

Doesn't anybody think that its about time they gave a few more details for WO? Of the four new NFS games, this and the Criterion developed one are the ones with the least information. All we have (for WO) are a few screens and a couple of rough release details. If they're actually proud of their huge map (which is going to become the biggest ever isn't it?) then they should show the full map including the cities and their respective boroughs. When EA was talking about Undercover' map, they told us that it would have three cities, but for WO we don't know exactly how many cities the map is going to contain and how big its going to be, unlike Undercover where they showed us the map as it would look in production.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Yeah the WO forums have been deserted for quite a while now so it seems that more info shold've coe out ages ago! Its rekease in malaysia isn't too far off from my recolection so I can't see it being released with this much info maybe it just isn't getting around to us or something!

Return to “News”