New World Beta This Weekend

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

New World Beta This Weekend

Post by Bojan »

A second closed beta of Need for Speed World will be running this weekend from Friday March 19th 4pm GMT to Monday, March 22nd 7am GMT. Everybody who was involved with the first beta will also have access to the second one plus many others as the amount of players is doubled.

More info about the upcoming beta with new screenshots available on the official site.

Update: Detailed release notes for the new beta:
New Features:
- Server will now give detailed error messages
- For example, if you enter your password incorrectly it will tell you that rather than showing the a “-747” error
- Game will now produce debug data when crashing that can be sent to dev team when you report bugs
- The crash dump will be a binary file named “NFSCrashDump_CL0_YYYY.MM.DD_HH.MM.SS.dmp” and can be found in the following directory ? <install directory>\Electronic Arts\NFS World\data\
- If possible, please provide the cramp dump files when submitting a bug through World.NeedforSpeed.com
- Number of vinyls per car increased to 50
- Prices of vinyls and paint set to 0 (or 1 if not possible)
- Essentially, vinyls will be free to put on the car

Changes to the game:
- Matchmaking stability improved
- Matchmaking timeout increased to 30 seconds
- End of race reward re-balances
- Number of events (races) changed to 15
- Half of events are available from levels 1-5 the rest from levels 6-10

Bug Fixes:
- Fixed issue with entitling players ("Disconnected from the server. Game will be shut down." bug)
- Fixed a rare issue where a user could be alone in a multiplayer race
- Fixed the region names in the login application
- Improved Teleport to a friend
- Fixed the time out issue while in car customization. There should be no need to save intermediate results in customization

And a new trailer of NFS World right here.

http://www.nfsunlimited.eu/media/flvplayer.swf[/embed]

HD version in our videos section
iKs_SweRve
Ricer
Ricer

Re: New World Beta This Weekend

Post by iKs_SweRve »

looks like good fun but i dont have a steering wheel or gamepad for my pc so i cant play this :( Looks awesome tho and a big selection of cars in due time, almost like a Test Drive Unlimited but better!!!
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

^^^^ You can play with a keyboard just fine, you know?

Steering wheels probably aren't supported at the moment, and to be honest, playing World with a wheel doesn't make much sense, the game is really arcade, a keyboard/gamepad is perfect.

Well I haven't received the e-mail yet, but since I was in the first BETA, I'm going to be invited for this second BETA. Can't wait to play World again and see what improvements they made. :)
iKs_SweRve
Ricer
Ricer

Post by iKs_SweRve »

Ehhh, i played most wanted and the 1st underground on pc before i bought it on the console and i had to play with the keyboard, it was really touchy and i just couldnt maintain the car angles very well like i could on a gamepad... i might just pick up a gamepad and new graphics card and hop onto the NFS:World when it finally released.

Also looken at some of the pictures of NFS:World it looks like the same city from most wanted, did they add all the city's together or just stuck in that one city?
vegettoxp
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vegettoxp »

Just my option, I think this idea from EA is way 10x better then Carbon, Pro Street, Undercover and Shift Combined. This is just my opinion. I am pretty sure alot of your guys like the titles I method. I like the idea of having maps from other titles and put stuff from different games. Any idea of the release date and $$

Josh
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

@iKs_SweRve: To be honest, I don't understand the big difference between a keyboard and a gamepad. In the end, the "sensitivity" is the same: the button is either "on" or "off"... same as a key in the keyboard. I know that some keyboards make things difficult (they are really sensitive), but as far as my experience go, only cheap keyboards work like that (I've had my share of shiznit keyboards :P ).

Anyway, in World you have the city of Most Wanted and Carbon joined in a single one.

@vegettoxp: This game is going to be free. The release date is Summer 2010, but I bet that is going to change. There's plenty of work to do yet...
iKs_SweRve
Ricer
Ricer

Post by iKs_SweRve »

is there an adapter or anything that would allow me to hook up a console controller and have it work the same on pc for those racing games? that would save me alot of money instead of having to buy a wheel or something
vegettoxp
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vegettoxp »

Well if I remember correct you should be able to use the Wired Xbox 360 Controllers with your PC and Xbox 360. Anyone Disagree.
TW1ST3R
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff
Location: Pigfarts Intergalactic School of Witchcraft and Wizardry; Mars

Post by TW1ST3R »

iKs_SweRve wrote:is there an adapter or anything that would allow me to hook up a console controller and have it work the same on pc for those racing games? that would save me alot of money instead of having to buy a wheel or something
yeah you can use the wired xbox 360 controller, or if you have a ps3, you can use that aswell, just ask me in my shoutbox or PM 4 the ps3 controller drivers if you want them and ill send 2 u :P, mind you that'll have to be in a couple weeks though since my parents are banning me from the net for the rest of the skool term XD.

PS i use a cheapo copy xbox 360 controller, or my ps3 controller for driving in shift. the latter has far better responsiveness from the sticks as well as the triggers :P
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Added detailed release notes to the first post.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

They mentioned CO-OP racing in the trailer, that's interesting..
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

^^^^ Yes it is. Maybe we can be pursued by cops in co-op mode? That would be great... :D

It is one thing I didn't like in the BETA, when you start a pursuit you are alone in the game map, it is just you, the cops and the traffic. Keeping the rest of the players on the map would be much more interesting. You could get help from other them (i.e. they could help you wreck some cops) and it would become a massive pursuit with lots of players and cops after each other. Like in GTA IV online, it's really fun to gather some 8 players and start messing with the cops around the city. :D

As for the BETA, I like that they are improving the game and listening the beta testers. "Number of vinyls per car increased to 50" = :mrgreen: It's better, but it isn't enough yet.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Yeah, like the sound of both the co op and the upped vinyl limit.
TW1ST3R
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff
Location: Pigfarts Intergalactic School of Witchcraft and Wizardry; Mars

Post by TW1ST3R »

ok 50 layers is better but i wont be happy until they exceed 120 :P
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

the 50 layers is just temporary solution, because its not that important now, you dont keep your beta cars anyway i like how they really fixed some of more annoying bugs. @ Hydro_PT
multiplayer in GTA 4 is great, too bad they delayed addons for PS3 and PC, now, tell me wheres the logic here:
they want to change something in Pal version of PS3 Episodes From Liberty City. they delay BOTH versions, PS3 and PC.
thats seriously annoying how they delay everything else to do something on PS3 version..

Return to “News”