New World Patch with R34 and holiday theme

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

New World Patch with R34 and holiday theme

Post by Bojan »

New patch v5.03 brings the Underground Edition Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (R34) to Need for Speed World along with holiday themed decoration and a whole lot of bug fixes. Complete release notes below.
NEW Features
- Season's Greetings! This merry update brings the Winter Holidays to Need for Speed World. Be on the lookout for all sorts of holiday themed decorations in the World...especially the golf course.
- The new “SHIFT” Edition Audi R8 is available for purchase from the NFS World Webstore.
- The Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec [R34] has been added to the game for Rental from the Car Dealer. The liveries of this car were inspired by the original Need for Speed™ Underground cover car.

Bug Fixes/Changes
- Fixed some bugs that were causing crashes during specific events.
- Players will no longer receive the error “Shopping cart purchase failed” when trying to save valid changes in the Paint Shop.
- The Nitrous powerup will now grant a minor boost of speed even if players are already at their car’s top speed.
- Players are now informed that Race Now has been cancelled after entering and exiting the Options menu while searching for opponents.
- HTML code has been disabled in the in-game chat to resolve an issue where the chat would become ‘stuck’ after entering certain symbols.
- Fixed an issue where players were returned to free roam after Lobby countdown reached zero.
- Lower level events now appear smaller and fade out as players level up.
- Race icons are no longer visible during a race. In addition, the finish line is no longer visible once the race is over.
- Repair button will no longer deduct additional cash if pressed again while the ‘Please wait’ message is displayed.
- Users should no longer be shown incorrect Rep / Cash reward values on the post-race screen.
- Fixed an issue where selecting ‘Ready’ in the Pre-Race screen was affecting other players’ ready lights.
- HUD no longer appears in screenshots taken with the Snapshot button in MeetingPlace events.
- Fixed an issue that was causing powerup icons to appear blurry on certain settings.
- Tutorials no longer appear twice after switching to Windowed mode.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the powerup HUD to disappear after skipping the tutorials.
- News Feed will no longer close when the player scrolls to the bottom.
- Selecting the boost store immediately after completing a race will no longer cause the HUD to disappear.
- Fixed an issue on the ‘Stadium & HWY 99’ event where players would crash into an overpass when racing at very high speeds.
- Players will no longer see the ‘Invite to Race’ option in the context menu after cancelling a Private Match.
- The ‘Finding Opponents’ text is no longer editable.
- The ‘Shield’ powerup visual effect no longer sticks to the ground if it used while under the effect of a ‘Traffic Magnet’ powerup.
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect colour value (HSV) was displayed in the Paint Shop after switching between paintable sections.
- The number ‘1’ vinyl has been re-added to the list of available vinyls (under ‘Total’).
- Clicking on an occupied powerup slot in the Powerup Console now empties that slot.
- Pursuit Length no longer includes time spent in tutorial pop-ups.
- DNF statistic is now shown as a number (instead of a %) throughout the game.
- An issue causing the Audio settings to revert back to previous settings after restarting has been resolved.
- Screenshots taken on the post-event screen are now properly saved in the Screenshots folder.
- A speed-bump in the Rosewood Bus Terminal that was causing problems with car physics has been fixed.
- Resolved a number of ‘pop-in’ bugs where buildings, signs, and terrain were appearing/disappearing suddenly.
- Fixed a number of areas where users could clip or fall through the world.
- Race markers should no longer appear floating in the air, or buried under the ground.
- Removed a few stray Pumpkins left over from Halloween.
- Fixed a large number of additional world art issues including: flickering geometry, clipping issues, missing textures and floating objects.
- Sound FX from other players’ cars should no longer cut out as suddenly as they drive away.
- A few missing Sound FX have been added.
- Minor Traffic AI Improvements have been made.
- Additional minor / localization fixes.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Re: New World Patch with R34 and holiday theme

Post by ElvenAvenger »

*runs around like a little girl*

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

*calms down*

I guess that means EA plans to release some uhm, "Legendary?" Cars from NFS series?

Meh, only rental. I'd buy that even for 4k boost.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Wow. When I first read these patch notes last night, I was like "Jeebus freaking Mice. That many bugs were in this game?!"

I was so delighted when I saw the release of Eddie's R34 (though it looks different from its UG1 counterpart), but the car itself is RENTAL ONLY?! What gives, Marc?!
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote:Wow. When I first read these patch notes last night, I was like "Jeebus freaking Mice. That many bugs were in this game?!"

I was so delighted when I saw the release of Eddie's R34 (though it looks different from its UG1 counterpart), but the car itself is RENTAL ONLY?! What gives, Marc?!
Really, i'd pay like 3500 boost to get that one permanently.

Hopefully this means later on we will get some expensive "hero" versions of certain cars.
So you could pay 50% more in game $$ to get such a Skyline or BMW M3 GTR or Pro Street's 240SX/Evo X/other kings vehicles.
The only way i could explain it being rental only is that its not ready yet, and what we see is what they have ready atm, this bodykit, those rims, and nothing more.
BloodCry
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BloodCry »

lol ye maybe theyll bring in the intergra to o_O thatll be kewl
UltimateGTR
Ricer
Ricer

Post by UltimateGTR »

Can't wait R34 available for buy but not rental only!
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Getting nostalgic with that R34 livery.
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

I'd see them release all the black list cars (with proper body kit) and all the bosses cars from carbon. Hell, I'd pay 5k boost to permanet own that Most Wanted M3 GTR if it's released and tunable.

ps. don't they have the race verison of M3 GTR in the game date files already? I remember seeing it waaaaaaaay back during early beta stage.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Too bad that the Skyline is for rental only. :( I wouldn't mind paying some SB to have it permanently in my garage.

As for the fixes, they really did some work on this patch, it fixes a lot of stuff. Downloading now, might give it a go during the weekend. Haven't played World for a long time.
Bejzik
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bejzik »

It will be permanent but sometime in the future...
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

(o_0) q
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Maybe they will release it again when it is 100% ready? ( when it will have proper bodykit, spoiler, hood, exhaust tip and decals on windows) And then make it permanently buyable with boost... possibly a 1-day offer only?
Reemus
Donator
Donator

Post by Reemus »

I saw it yesterday near stadion
but this is new http://world.needforspeed.com/news?lang=sk#19137

Return to “News”