World Patch 5.05

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

World Patch 5.05

Post by Bojan »

Patch v5.05 for Need for Speed World is out now with the release notes below:

NEW Features:
- An additional meeting place located at Riverfront Stadium in Rockport has been added
- Four new vinyl categories have been made available exclusively for purchase: Vandal, Hatch, Vudu and Maskirovka!
- In addition, for those who wish to unlock the previous vinyls at earlier levels have now been given the option to do so
- An all-new ‘Pro Street’ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X has been added for rental from the Car Dealer
- The ‘Underground’ Nissan Skyline GT-R [R34] Skyline is now available for purchase with SpeedBoost (previously available for Rental)

Bug Fixes/Changes:
- Fixed an issue where cop cars will suddenly appear or disappear while in a highly populated area of free roam
- The Nissan Skyline GT-R [R34] can now correctly enter Tier 2 racing events
- Fixed an area in Fortuna that cop cars would not enter during a pursuit
- Players who purchase a car with SpeedBoost will no longer have to leave the Safehouse to receive their additional car slot
- Fixed an issue for players with the Porsche 911 Snowflake Edition that was causing their opponent’s car information to display improperly in the Multiplayer lobby
- Fixed an issue with the Leaderboard in the News Feed that caused the rank numbers to be cut off
- Fixed an issue where some promotional vinyls were not appearing in the ‘Special’ category of the Vinyl Shop
- Attempting to purchase a Mystery Pack with insufficient cash will now display an appropriate error message
- Locked vinyl categories have been fixed to inform players which level they need to be to unlock each category
- Fixed an issue that prevented player’s stats from updating in the race lobby after applying performance parts to their cars
- Added some Sound FX that were missing from the Safehouse Customization menus
- Fixed a vinyl distortion issue on the Toyota Supra equipped with an Avalanche visual package
- Fixed a vinyl distortion issue with the Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee
- The Heat Progression Meter now fills with a consistent color
- A number of clipping and flickering issues in the world have been resolved
- Minor fixes were made for localized languages
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Re: World Patch 5.05

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Servers are down for another hour. Just a quick update.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Infernal502GTR
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Infernal502GTR »

Is there anything that we can essentially NOT pay for?
Infernal502GTR
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Infernal502GTR »

ps....its been 4 hours so far. something went horribly wrong...lol!
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

Infernal502GTR wrote:Is there anything that we can essentially NOT pay for?
Wouldn't count on it.

Hacks for the win.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Fixes - meh, could be better but at least now i can start pursuits easily.

I guess this wasn't the "great" patch we waited for, just a quick fix. I suppose its 5.10 we want for big fixes.

Anyway, seems like they did pick up on the whole special editions from previous need for speed games idea, now pick up on car balance idea :D

Only bug that appeared for me(nice, just one new bug for me instead of 5 like i expected)
is that now during races the track is not marked on my minimap.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Of the 5 new additions, 4 must be paid for. Interesting... #-o

I know games like these must rely on exclusive items that can only be bought with real money, but EA is going over the top with World. It is not a matter of exclusive stuff, but simply a totally unfair game for those who do not / cannot pay. For example the performance packs and the repair thing. Totally unfair.

I'm glad they gave me 30.000 Speedboost when I created my account. I still have around 10.000 to spend, so I think I will do a little shopping. Skyline = :mrgreen:

As for the fixes, I don't play World for quite some time now, the game just lags a lot and crashes randomly, it is impossible to even participate in a race. The game halts for 20 seconds and then it continues, or it crashes. :shock:

Return to “News”