World Patch 5.07 Release Notes

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

World Patch 5.07 Release Notes

Post by Bojan »

Need for Speed World was updated to version 5.07 with the following release notes:

Release Notes:

New Features:
- The 1965 Pontiac GTO has been added to the game and is available for purchase with SpeedBoost through the Car Dealer
- The all new Dodge Viper SRT-10 Limited Edition is available exclusively as a free bonus with the purchase of 17,500 SpeedBoost
- The ‘Gold Pack’ Card Pack has been introduced as an additional option for purchase with SpeedBoost

Bug Fixes/Changes:
- Made improvements to the game client’s stability
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from purchasing a car with SpeedBoost if their available cash was below the car’s SpeedBoost cost
- When applying a body kit to the “Snowflake” Edition Porsche 911 Turbo, the snowflake visual effect will no longer disappear
- Fixed an issue that caused some players to experience an infinite loading screen when attempting to unlock vinyl categories with SpeedBoost
- Fixed an issue that was causing vinyls to flip incorrectly while using the Flip Mode in the Customization shop
- Players will no longer be able to drive during the post race screen after holding down ‘ESC’ and ‘H’ at the beginning of a tutorial race
- Fixed an issue that caused the license plate to disappear on the Mazda Mazdaspeed3 when installing the Phasis Visual Package
- A few minor localization fixes were made
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Re: World Patch 5.07 Release Notes

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Disappointed.

- Made improvements to the game client’s stability < This is the only change that is useful, that is if it works.

Everything else is just Boost, Boost, Boost, Boost.

Buy 17.5k boost to get a car.

Yeah, right.....40$ to get a car because otherwise its unavailable.

They want cash. Ok.
But this is just....low.
Also, gold packs....yeah i guess they just wont change their strategy.
For now ill only do private races farming for parts with people, ill play World properly after maybe 20 patches.
(1 patch = 1 useful fix. 20 patches = 20 useful fixes. Which should be about the time when World reaches "Good" category)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Indeed they are going over the top with the boost thing.Everything is just Speedboost, Speedboost and more Speedboost. What's the ingame money for then?

They should focus on stabilizing the game first, since it still crashes randomly or pauses for 20 seconds on my computer, not to talk about the massive lag. Now that I think of it, the beta versions and the other versions before Patch 5 were much more stable.

They are making World a cash cow, and I bet it won't work for long. Either people will give up on it (I pretty much did) or they will just keep playing with their cars and not spend any money on new cars or upgrades.
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

Another successful screw-up EA =D>
jayson74
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jayson74 »

The reality here is that EA is successful in what they're doing because people are spending well over the cost of a regular store bought game. Some spending up to and over $100 and not getting anything near what they hoped for. There's no reason for EA to stop doing this because the community will never unite because they simply can't.

$40 for a single car is so blatantly ignorant towards the NFS community that it shows how far a company will go to make people part with their money. And like I said, people WILL pay for it.
RBA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RBA »

Said it again, this it to make people quit and then close the game without having to say: we're greedy so we close. And the best thing is that a few stupid kids buy the crap they sell with boost, so they have best of both world...
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

RBA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RBA »

Hmm... Just played for see... This is what I saw: Disappearing textures sometimes replaced by "mirror surfaces", both in race and in pursuit. Rhino rampage, even more than before, left alone spikes belts (didn't they correct that in a previous patch?), roadblocks that are 2-5 meters from one another, in single player race, a R32 AND an Eclipse that were boosted a lot since the last time I played(My Silvia had a hard time racing them, even though normally, I leave everything a looooooooong way behind), also, the Lexus that was only for rent can now be bought either with Speedboost OR game currency, which leave us with a little tiny glimpse of hope that one day the R-34 will be buyable with game currency, oh yeah, and the new GTO, a tiers one car that they want you to buy with Speedboost... C'mon! If at least it had been a tier2... Stupidity when you hold us...
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

What Lexus? I thought it was always available for cash?
RBA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RBA »

Oh, then maybe I was wrong, I thought that when it got online(the car, I think it's HF Lexus or something) it was rent only...
Anyway, I don't play much, sometimes I even update without going checkin' the update. And now when I go play, I kinda make a race or two or try a pursuit and then it's all, so maybe I didn't notice some stuff correctly.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Well, i semi-quit World now.

When a new patch comes, i read the patch notes , update, play a bit....post back a whining post somewhere(or if its not bad....then it may be a "thank you devs" post(doesn't happen often) and i keep on playing.
But when a patch screws up part drop rate(like this one did) i just stop playing until they increase them again. I dont want to spend 2 hours grinding for 1 part, and even then it may be just a street improved useless part instead of the pro tuned engine i wanted.

Return to “News”