Aftermarket Shop coming to World

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Aftermarket Shop coming to World

Post by Bojan »

Tuesday, March 15th is the day the Aftermarket Shop opens in Need for Speed World where you will be able to buy visual parts for your cars with either in-game cash or SpeedBoost. The days of Underground 2 might be coming back to World!
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Aftermarket Shop coming to World

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

Keep dreamin'
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

You are more negative than i am(whenever someone mentions things like car performance in World, or Lotus Elise)

Thats almost impossible :lol:

Ontopic: I can't wait, ill be able to finally do something about my RX-7's ugly bodykit which i installed by accident.
RBA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RBA »

Yeah 1% of the parts that can be bought with ingame money(and most likely the ugliests of 'em) and 99% of the parts will be only available by Speedboost. Also, I can't wait to see how much bugs that will bring to the game. There're already too much of 'em and they haven't fixed 'em... They're just trying to distract people from the problems of the game.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

This is the only reason in the past months to get me to play NFS World. I completely gave up on that game, but well let's see how the visual customization is. I don't expect nothing spectacular like in the Underground games, especially because "some aftermarket parts are available with in-game cash, while others will be purchased exclusively with SpeedBoost."

Speedboost, speedboost and more speedboost. Everything good on this game can only be bought with real money. What's the point of in-game cash or levelling up? :|
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

^the M3 GTR E46 whateveritscalled is 'good' and is available for in game cash. Pretty much signifies the 'completion' of NFS world when you get it, though i think that this one, along with Elise and Silvia kill the game currently. I CANT find a race without majority (5 out of 7) opponents being Lotus Elise. Its not fun for me because even if i manage to win, its just boring. Same damn car in every race. Gives me the false impression that there are only 2 cars in the game, RX-7 that i am driving and Lotus Elise that everyone else drives.

Im going to rebuy a Supra just to customize it and make it look cool, while using it as a 'second' inventory for parts.

And im going to do something about the hideous, accidentally installed bodykit on my RX-7, and remove that goddamn spoiler on my Silvia. And get some proper bodykit for the R34, man i hate those autosculpt bumpers on it.
That said you can surely expect to see some R8's with neons, Corvettes with huge spoilers, Gallardo's with ridiculous rims etc.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Have there been any details released in regards to it yet?

EDIT: Saw some pics of cars supposedly made using the aftermarket shop, here's the links

http://www.needforspeed.com/post/visual ... peed-world

http://www.needforspeed.com/post/beauty-and-beast

Wouldn't say it's anything near comparable to the UG series, though in time it may become deeper and more expansive. Looks like rims (and lip paint), kits (no idea whether each bumper is seperate or what not), neon (yeah, suprised me too, first appearance since UG2, can't say it looks to good though) and possibly spoilers (check the Corvette).

So right now it seems fairly basic, though its obviously a big jump from what they had before.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:Have there been any details released in regards to it yet?

EDIT: Saw some pics of cars supposedly made using the aftermarket shop, here's the links

http://www.needforspeed.com/post/visual ... peed-world

http://www.needforspeed.com/post/beauty-and-beast

Wouldn't say it's anything near comparable to the UG series, though in time it may become deeper and more expansive. Looks like rims (and lip paint), kits (no idea whether each bumper is seperate or what not), neon (yeah, suprised me too, first appearance since UG2, can't say it looks to good though) and possibly spoilers (check the Corvette).

So right now it seems fairly basic, though its obviously a big jump from what they had before.
Nothing more than the news post with red Supra in it.

BTW, it has a custom hood too and i THINK those side mirrors aren't stock.
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

Woohoo, time to get rid of my hideous rims!
r4ptor85
Ricer
Ricer

Post by r4ptor85 »

Wait and see
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

The update (5.14) is today from 22:00 GMT to 24:00 GMT. According to the changelog, here's what we can expect from the visual customization:

- All new wheels, neons, window tints, tiered lowering kits, and custom license plates have been added to the game.

Seems nice, custom licence plates is something new. I just don't understand what they mean with "tiered lowering kits". I bet we won't have separate front/rear bumpers and side skirts. :(

New Features:

- New Visual Customization System: Players are now able to install individual visual parts on their vehicle through the Aftermarket Shop
- All new wheels, neons, window tints, tiered lowering kits, and custom license plates have been added to the game
- The Audi TT RS is now available for purchase from the Car Dealer (previously available for rental only.)

Bug Fixes/Changes:
- Made some improvements to the game client’s stability
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from purchasing Visual Packages or caused players to receive transaction errors
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from modifying the wheel colour on the Dodge Viper SRT-10
- Fixed an issue that prevented certain player’s levels from displaying in the friends list
- An appropriate pop-up will now appear when attempting to repair a vehicle with insufficient cash
- Fixed an issue that prevented World Map options from saving after closing the window
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from scrolling to the bottom of the Audio menu in the Options menu
- Clicking on an empty area in the top left of the screen will no longer open the News Feed
- Removed some incorrect audio from the Boost Store when the Free Roam music slider was set to 0
- SFX has been tweaked so that out of range pursuit breakers are no longer audible when they are knocked down by another player
- Event icons will no longer disappear when they are close to the edge of the World Map
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Wheels - might be rims, unless they want us to color our tires. Ugh.
Lowering kits - Bodykits, or ride height. Maybe both.
Audi TT RS- 100% speedboost for sure. Though if it could beat Elise....yeah in reality it shouldnt be able to but its World, remember. A place where Nissan Silvia is obviously faster than Nissan Skyline. R35.
:lol:

SFX fix for pursuit breakers - Thank you devs. No seriously, i WAS hoping it would be changed. I just didnt know it was a bug.
more stability fixes - lets see how that works out...

Note how they ARENT shoving boost content at us in this patch, its just a car. And its not overly advertised! :lol:
Unless the whole visual customization is speedboost only.
RBA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RBA »

RBA wrote:Yeah 1% of the parts that can be bought with ingame money(and most likely the ugliests of 'em) and 99% of the parts will be only available by Speedboost. Also, I can't wait to see how much bugs that will bring to the game. There're already too much of 'em and they haven't fixed 'em... They're just trying to distract people from the problems of the game.
Pretty rare I quote myself, but... I WAS RIGHT!!! around 1% in game cash (firetruck' huge amount of game cash for sucky parts)
and the rest in speedboost... I say, boycott EA, stop buying games from them (as if anybody will listen to me here... :roll: )
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Oh no I'm list.... OOH LOOK! A SHINY! *runs after it*
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Hmm, I may actually need to check this out...Haven't logged in to World in months.

Return to “News”