World Patch 5.14

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

World Patch 5.14

Post by Bojan »

The new Aftermarket Shop is now available in Need for Speed World along with other improvements. Patch release notes are below:
New Features:
- New Visual Customization System: Players are now able to install individual visual parts on their vehicle through the Aftermarket Shop
- All new wheels, neons, window tints, tiered lowering kits, and custom license plates have been added to the game
- The Audi TT RS is now available for purchase from the Car Dealer (previously available for rental only.)

Bug Fixes/Changes:
- Made some improvements to the game client’s stability
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from purchasing Visual Packages or caused players to receive transaction errors
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from modifying the wheel colour on the Dodge Viper SRT-10
- Fixed an issue that prevented certain player’s levels from displaying in the friends list
- An appropriate pop-up will now appear when attempting to repair a vehicle with insufficient cash
- Fixed an issue that prevented World Map options from saving after closing the window
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from scrolling to the bottom of the Audio menu in the Options menu
- Clicking on an empty area in the top left of the screen will no longer open the News Feed
- Removed some incorrect audio from the Boost Store when the Free Roam music slider was set to 0
- SFX has been tweaked so that out of range pursuit breakers are no longer audible when they are knocked down by another player
- Event icons will no longer disappear when they are close to the edge of the World Map
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Re: World Patch 5.14

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

Still a long way from passing the average mark, even for a free game...
RBA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RBA »

Just a note, they're updating the game for patch 5.14. They haven't done it yet. Right now, servers are offline.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

- 5 colors of underbody neon lights;
- 5 colors of window tint
- 3 lowering kits
- 24 sets of wheels, each available in 4 different sizes
- And a whole lot of custom license plates

I think it is a good start for parts, actually, but they can add much more in the future. The update was already done (113MB) and the servers are up and running. Btw the lowering kits just lower the height of the car, nothing else. There are no bumpers or spoilers or bodykits.

The license plates are nothing else but the name of a country, for example they say FRANCE, USA, DTSCHLND (Deutschland), POLSKA or WORLD, nothing else. The neons look good and so does the window tint. The lowering kits are nice if you like a low car. The wheels are good too, a nice selection for now and 4 different sizes (17'' to 21'').

Now the bad news:

- all neons, window tint and lowering kits can only be bought with Speedboost
- most wheels can only be bought with Speedboost, the remaining other 4 wheels cost a lot of money (12.000 to 6000 ingame cash)
- only 2 license plates can be bought with ingame cash and they cost 7500 each; the other 9 can only be bought with Speedboost

So in the end this "visual customization" is just for those who have real money. If you pretend to play World properly (like other similar NFS games) then you must spend way more than the cost of a brand new PC game in the UK (let's say 30€ or a 50€ special edition). The best cars, the best performance parts, the special vinyls and now the visual tuning can only be bought with Speedboost. It is absolutely outrageous what a "free-to-play" game has become. EA could have really created a great game here with the support of the community and its ideas, but instead they choose to create a cash cow and milk it as much as possible. I won't be surprised if in a few months EA comes up saying that World servers will be shut down due to "lack of support from the community" or some similar shiznit.

This is the bottom line for me, I'm uninstalling this game right now. It's been taking up space in my HDD for too long. Goodbye World, the betas were much more fun than the actual game.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Speedboost....I'm sorry but omfg, you need a balance EA! They tempt you with new content that would make the game a bit interesting for once, they take ages getting it done, and they finally finish it, then make everything Speedboost, that just annoys me...I'm on the same boat as you, Hydro.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Im leaving as well, this time for good.

Ill check back in a few months time, IF it will be still alive then.

Im getting Shift 2 though, pretty sure ill get a better value for my cash than with World. Luckily i didn't spend too much.
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Took longer than I expected :-/ I went back to playing Project T... I meant... Level R, shortly after World was released (so to speak), beats World by a mile or more, and since a lot of people here like simulators maybe you should give it a shot if you're that bored...
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Im playing LevelR right now and its quite good, the one(but major, IMO) flaw is that all the licensed vehicles are not available unless you pay up so you are stuck with imaginary vehicles if you want to play for free, unless there is something i missed. But at least the carlist is better.
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

ElvenAvenger wrote:Im playing LevelR right now and its quite good, the one(but major, IMO) flaw is that all the licensed vehicles are not available unless you pay up so you are stuck with imaginary vehicles if you want to play for free, unless there is something i missed. But at least the carlist is better.
True, true. But the fictional cars are pretty damn cool, I had some licensed cars on my 1st account (Lancer, RX8 and Impreza) and they drive like crap compared to the Panama or Morello... god I miss Panny... then I got banned for umm, quote: ''abusing the doughnut issue''. It was totaly faggotry but Project Torque was closed 3 months later so it doesn't matter...

Level R isn't nearly as good, but it's still better than World, too bad I can't use HotSpot Shield to play the American version anymore *sniff*
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

I had Speedboost left over from buying the starter pack and now my cars look pretty good! Now to stop playing until they release that cooperative pursuit mode.
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

mean2u wrote:buying the starter pack
lulz
AJ_Lethal
Ricer
Ricer

Post by AJ_Lethal »

Hydro_PT wrote: - all neons, window tint and lowering kits can only be bought with Speedboost
- most wheels can only be bought with Speedboost, the remaining other 4 wheels cost a lot of money (12.000 to 6000 ingame cash)
- only 2 license plates can be bought with ingame cash and they cost 7500 each; the other 9 can only be bought with Speedboost
That's why i fall into the conclusion that Car Town is better than NFSW.
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

AJ_Lethal wrote:
Hydro_PT wrote: - all neons, window tint and lowering kits can only be bought with Speedboost
That's why i fall into the conclusion that Car Town is better than NFSW.
Ouch.
Rafalas
Stock
Stock

Post by Rafalas »

this patch is very big "shiznit"!..... Everything for Boost!!!! there isn't spoilers....

Return to “News”