World Patch 5.16

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

World Patch 5.16

Post by Bojan »

Need for Speed World patch with Team Escape game mode is going live tonight.

Start: Wednesday, 30 March 2011, 13:00 hrs PDT (1:00 PM) / Wednesday, 30 March 2011, 21:00 hrs (9:00 PM) GMT
End: Wednesday, 30 March 2011, 17:00 hrs PDT (5:00 PM) / Thursday, 31 Mar 01:00 hrs (01:00 AM) GMT

Release notes:
New Features:

-Team Escape, the brand new Co-op Game Mode has been added and is available to all players for free!
-Enjoy 6 Escapes that span across the World.
-With the introduction of this new mode comes 2 brand new Powerups (Team Emergency Evade + Team Slingshot)
-Check the Game Guide for full instructions
-An all-new Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee (Team Escape Edition) is now available for purchase with SpeedBoost from the Car Dealer

Bug Fixes/Changes:

-Made improvements to the game client’s stability
-Fixed an issue with pursuits that prevented the heat level from resetting after being busted
-Fixed an issue with pursuits that prevented roadblocks from affecting the busted meter
-Fixed an issue that caused the fuel tank door to disappear from the Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee after applying the Enervate body kit
-Fixed an issue that caused the ’65 Pontiac GTO’ ride height to appear lower in the Safehouse than in Free Roam
-Fixed an issue that caused the Lamborghini Murciélago’s stock rims to appear black when applying any paint colour
-Fixed an issue that prevented the Nissan Skyline R34’s rims from being paintable while having the Kimura body kit installed
-The Super Bee emblem will no longer disappear from the side of the Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee when applying body kits
-Missing vinyl thumbnails were added for the Shift 2 edition Toyota Supra
-Fixed an issue that caused the Aftermarket Shop icon to appear pixellated on all levels of detail
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Re: World Patch 5.16

Post by ElvenAvenger »

What can i say - random bug fixes, Team Escape, a new boost car (i got to admit thats the FIRST Super Bee that i can look at and say that it looks good. Yes it has neons and thats ridiculous, but everything else is quite good.)
And probably another bad change to performance parts drop rate.

Considering that due to stupid anti-piracy security measures taken by EA i have to wait until 31st march 1 AM to play Shift 2, ill check out World today, hopefully...if not ill just get angry i guess. :lol:

EDIT: Now im just angry, maintenance ends at 1 AM GMT. Yeah good luck with that im GMT +1. Damn them.
RBA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RBA »

Elven, a kinda good news, since they made the team escape, the pursuit's AI is stable! I only saw a single orphan spike strip in lvl5, but as you might have noticed, lvl5 pursuit has always been more unstable than the others levels. Also, Rhino rampage is gone, the only time you'll see Rhinos is when they make the barricade at level 4 and 5.

BUT

The police cars have taken HEAVY weight (Guess the cops ate too much donuts), I now have difficulty to turn over level 1 pursuit Chargers with my Challenger. Also, the Corvettes are heavier than the Rhinos. I've been able to turn over Rhinos, but no Corvettes AT ALL! Heck, Corvettes are almost completely made out of light weight material, they should turn over like eggs when I hit them with my heavy weight Challenger...

Also the RAM skill % have been lowered. Of course, they didn't want us to win easily, if we didn't use theirs Copkiller Dodge...
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

RBA wrote:Elven, a kinda good news, since they made the team escape, the pursuit's AI is stable! I only saw a single orphan spike strip in lvl5, but as you might have noticed, lvl5 pursuit has always been more unstable than the others levels. Also, Rhino rampage is gone, the only time you'll see Rhinos is when they make the barricade at level 4 and 5.

BUT

The police cars have taken HEAVY weight (Guess the cops ate too much donuts), I now have difficulty to turn over level 1 pursuit Chargers with my Challenger. Also, the Corvettes are heavier than the Rhinos. I've been able to turn over Rhinos, but no Corvettes AT ALL! Heck, Corvettes are almost completely made out of light weight material, they should turn over like eggs when I hit them with my heavy weight Challenger...

Also the RAM skill % have been lowered. Of course, they didn't want us to win easily, if we didn't use theirs Copkiller Dodge...
There's something changed about cop cars for sure.

First - no more rhino madness as you said
Second - Well, the corvettes are immovable if you hit them head on, but i've had good amount of success ramming them out of my way when they were in a roadblock or just happened to be sideways.

Anyway i noticed there are some suicidal cops, they just stand there and when you approach they drive into you, kinda like traffic magnet.

The mode is pretty fun but without real co-operation its just a long 'everyone wins' sprint race with some obstacles.

The mode is good, needs more tracks, and i mean MORE. Like 30 more.
Lenght is okay, tracks themselves are good and i like how we can choose various paths in certain places.

Rewards are quite high but when you look more closely you'll notice that they aren't high enough for such a long event.

Normal, 1.30 Sprint race gives me about 2500$, and a long team escape event with everyone managing to escape 3700$.
Good thing is that i can farm cash there easily without worrying about Noobmobiles screwing me up.

Return to “News”