NFS World Gamescom Trailer

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFS World Gamescom Trailer

Post by Bojan »

Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: NFS World Gamescom Trailer

Post by Hydro_PT »

Good trailer. Almost made me play the game again. :)

I'm really disappointed with EA on this game. World has so much potential and they simply cannot get things right. It could be a lot better game and a true reference in the world of MMORG. But the abusive need to spend real money on speedboost to buy the best cars and parts, along with the incredible amount of lag and bugs and lack of new and cool aditions from previous NFS games just makes World another "free2play" racing game.

Too bad really. They should work more to bring more content and get rid of speedboost, or at least make things easier and cooler for players who do not want to / cannot spend money to buy speedboost. What's the use of releasing more and more cars if you need speedboost to buy them? That would be ok for special cars, but all I see being released IS special cars. #-o
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

@Hydro_PT & @ll NFSWorld Friends outthere! :roll:

To be honest: I'm done with this Nonsense (World) - I mean I knew it before, but I didn't know it would be that boring to drive through this [Unfinished Businness] called World - it's NOT a World 4 Me [-X - NFS UG3 after the Run should replace this (World) and I hope that it will come out next or over the next Year, the latest 2013 - Speed-Boost is a huge Money-Waste! #-o #-o #-o

NFS should close (World) and work on NFS Underground 3 for 2 or 3 Years! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
That's the Way it is to do it right and it will soon happen - I'm sure that! :!: :!: :!:

Respectable Feedback and I also like that Signature from You, but I saved Explorer too... Firefox 6 causes some Problems on my System - I've got to change to Explorer 8 after that - it's good to have FF & IE onto the System! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
BloodCry
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BloodCry »

very misleading trailer haha.
ok im only going to go through my thoughts on world once:

ill start with the good things :)
vinyl work system i feel is really good, using the mouse makes things a heap easier.
graphics are top for a free game.
Combination of NFSC and NFSMW maps i thought was really cool when i started playing.
and going by what the community wants.

now the bad things...
ok i honestly think they focus faaar too much on what the community wants rather than making a good game, they should fix the problems at hand before they go adding every other little thing people ask for. although the community wants drag and drift 'its not high on the priority list' and if im correct Marc said drifting may infact not be added at all, that you should go play shift 2... The lack of game modes is the biggest issue Sprint and circuts get boring pretty quick espically with the lag and wall riding. Once drifting is added that is the time i will start playing NFS World again.

tuning and body work, the packages were mehh ok, but this new body work tuning is terrible. clearly the main focus in world is racing rather than the tuning of the car itself, if thats the case im sure there are alot of online racing games... therefore why not make this game for both, make it unique from the rest, by giving us the oppotunity to choose every single little bit like in UG2 (fb, rb, sk, spoilers all that good stuff). The new system inplace currently seems to be a money ploy from EA to get people to buy boost.

Boost, every single thing practically costs boost! lets not even get started on this...

A few minor issues in my opinion are:

decals.... yes they had those valentine ones, but come on!! wheres the true racing brands, bride, nos, japan tuning... man decals are essential to finish off a sick car design. most of the cars you see people driving are total rice (slap and tribal vinyl on, good to go), possibly adding decals might make users think about there design or create simple jdm style cars.

Layers, 30 isnt bad, 40 would be better but yeah, marc already asked my question about layers. but increasing the amount by 10 wouldnt be that bad on the server level...

the concept of a Car MMO is great they would probably be able to cash in on the freaking idea! yet they put free users at a disadvantage in away for not having boost. i mean think about theres what? 2million+ alot of those people would have bought boost meaning big payout... so i do not see why body work and all the rest must be boost only... eventually once theyve had them in for a few months theyll be changed to ingame cash but they should be free from the beginning.

that is all
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

I was @ Gamescom 2011 yesterday in Cologne - I did a few Photos - You can check them out here http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic ... 75#p382375 :wink:
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Out of curiosity I installed the game again. It is my impression or graphically it looks better than before? The textures seem sharper overall. Really nice to look at, and the framerate is good, albeit a bit unstable (usually at 50/55, but it can drop to 30 at times). :)

Too bad about the lag, I still see all players jumping around. I've also checked all cars to start doing a proper car list in our wiki (with a picture of each car, price, characteristics, if it is rental only, etc.).

http://wiki.nfsunlimited.net/wiki/Need_ ... d_Car_List

So far only the rental cars are done, still all the others to do.

Return to “News”