Abusing bugs is the same as cheating.

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Abusing bugs is the same as cheating.

Post by honke »

Abusing game bugs for personal gain is also considered as cheating,
and will get you banned as well. If you find a bug, report it, don't abuse it!

On the same note, if you think someone is cheating, report it to me (Honke)
@ leaderboards@nfsunlimited.net

Important note to all players:

Today I did a fast check and I have seen some players clearly abused a ingame bug.
Like I told before this is considered as cheating and will get you banned.

I will give all players that abused a game bug a chance to report them self.
Between 01-12-2011 until 29-12-2011 you will have the time to do this.
In this 4 weeks I will check ad least the Top100 players for the reality of there times.

After 29-12-2011I will start banning players that did not report themselves,
but clearly abused the game bugs. I hope this is clear to all players.
Also players that report themselves will not get banned but will get an official warning.

You can report yourself to (Honke) on leaderboards@nfsunlimited.net
Btw make sure you add your world driver name or names in the email.
datass
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Abusing bugs is the same as cheating.

Post by datass »

so basically your brilliant plan for getting rid of cheaters is to ask them to turn themselves in?

i lol'd

and bug abusing isn't cheating, it's your own damn fault for not being able to code a game properly...
User deactivated: Being a total douchebag.
caddi
Stock
Stock

Post by caddi »

@datass You need to get your fact straight. Honke is not a developer of Need for Speed World, he is an admin of NFSUnlimited. He is here to find as much hackers/ cheaters (aka NOOBS) as possible. A simple game played among gamers, noobs donot like to be loosers or on looser team, hack the game or abuse it to feel better about themselves. If you need this game to make you feel like a winner, then you have lost it.
JAMAICANWEED
Ricer
Ricer

Post by JAMAICANWEED »

Band them band them all by their IP adress..lol..so they might b can't come back, so no hacking noobz..lol
cubalibre1986
Stock
Stock

Post by cubalibre1986 »

bug abusing is considered cheating..

An exploit, in video games, is the use of a bug or design flaw by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.[1] It is often colloquially abbreviated sploit. Exploits have been classified as a form of cheating; however, the precise determination of what is or is not considered an exploit can be controversial. This debate stems from a number of factors but typically involves the argument that the issues are part of the game and require no changes or external programs to take advantage of them
datass
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by datass »

caddi wrote:@datass You need to get your fact straight. Honke is not a developer of Need for Speed World, he is an admin of NFSUnlimited. He is here to find as much hackers/ cheaters (aka NOOBS) as possible. A simple game played among gamers, noobs donot like to be loosers or on looser team, hack the game or abuse it to feel better about themselves. If you need this game to make you feel like a winner, then you have lost it.
so he's an EA slave? makes sense

and if the developer doesn't like it how we play the game then they should write a manual the size of the bible specifying every single detail on how to play the game. derp.
caddi
Stock
Stock

Post by caddi »

@datass [-X you seem to me base on your conversation to be a cheater/ Hacker[-X

I did a little holiday job in a programming company, these persons spend hours, days, weeks trying to build a project. People who exploit the game should be banned ASAP. I would never give you days to confess, honke gave you warnings before and you people keep doing it over and over and over.
datass
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by datass »

i haven't played World since it was ''released'' (considering the amount of issues it has it's still a Beta game)

anyway they can code as much as they want, i don't care. but if they're gonna sell it then they'd better do a damn good job, and World (or The Run, or Nitro, or Undercover) doesn't come anywhere near that.

before you go all ''l0l n00b u fail world is free'' you might wanna remember that access to around 3/4 of the game's content is PAID. the remaining 1/4 being just garbage.

if you wanna get rid of hackers but still keep World active, EA, invest in a damn anti-cheat and quit with the commie crap.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Try posting in a more mature manner datass, towards honke or other users.

Also it's completely fair to discredit times obtained through the abuse of bugs, it makes it a lot more fair. We aren't EA so we can't change the game for you, so what honke is doing is making the leaderboards as fair as possible. Fair enough?
TRX27
Banned

Post by TRX27 »

All this about....UR U DARE 2 CONFESION UR SELF USING THAT BUGS ....this is about FAIR and TRUST ..u can tell or not is ur problem...cuz we all know many times at leaderboard not making any sense 2 made..even u have perfect skill and perfect car....still...will be have time limit at that track wth ur car specs....this is aint secret and every body know i guess...
User deactivated: Speaking a language other than English in site chat.
RBA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RBA »

With the lot of bugs in that game, some people might not give themselves in, cuz they think it's something normal in the game. You'll ban 'em and they'll go like: "Wha? What did I do? I didn't do a thing!", cuz simply they don't even know they're exploiting a bug. IF BB coded correctly, and warned people about the bugs, like some other MMO do, then people who really do Bug abuse could be banned and it would be ok. Because there's so much bugs and BB want to keep people in the dark 'bout them, then this action is not a right one.
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

@RBA

I agree with you..
But wen you or driving for example the top10 and always drive on a track for example (1:15,xxx)
And suddenly start to make records with 2-5 sec faster times example (1:12,xxx)
you already know this for your self this is not possible so you know your having a bug.
If you continue driving for top10 records with a known bug I call this cheating..

Also I know some players that reproduce these bugs to gain faster lap times,
wen driving for top track times this I call cheating also..
And if the don’t report them self I will ban them.

And of coarse a bug time can happen there is nothing a player can do about that.
So of coarse I will not ban them for that. But will only remove the bugged times.
But wen its clearly abusing a game bug I will punish those players with a ban.
Because I will not tolerate any kind of cheating.
RBA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RBA »

There could be a lot of explanations.

1- The person go a new part and it helped them get better times
2- The person grinded so much on this track they got better enough to cut that lot of time off theirs time
3- They found a new shortcut and use it.
4- BB messed something in the code again and somehow it made theirs car faster (though I doubt it)
5- Investment of the point you gained leveling up in the right place (Perfect start among others)

Anyway, I'm just saying this like that, since I don't care much, don't play this game anymore. But I know some people still care about that game (something I don't understand) so, I just said what was on my mind.
datass
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by datass »

whatever, good luck with getting as many bans as possible.

tip for catching cheaters: try opening your eyes instead of writing ''surrender or else...'' announcements on communities

Return to “News”