NFS World Christmas patch

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFS World Christmas patch

Post by Hydro_PT »

Need For Speed: World servers went down yesterday, 20th of December, to deploy a new game patch that brought some nice Christmas gifts for all players. The maintenance window took 2 hours, from 22:00 GMT to 24:00 GMT. Here's a list of goodies now available and the usual bug fixing.

New features:

- Players can now earn Aftermarket parts from the Lucky Draw by completing Race and Pursuit events! Parts earned are added to the player’s Inventory in the Aftermarket Shop and can be installed onto any player car from there.

- Aftermarket Card Packs have been added to the game! Each pack contains a full set of Aftermarket Parts (Neon, Window Tint, Wheels, License Plate, Lowering Kit), including special items not found in the Store. You can access them from the same Card Pack store in your Safehouse or from the SpeedBoost store in game.

- For a limited time only, a Christmas Special Pack is available for purchase and includes exclusive Christmas Neons and License Plates!

- Chat has been modified to allow players to select the language they wish to chat in. The chat interface has also been revamped with a cleaner, simpler look.

- The all new Porsche 911 Carrera S "Snowflake" edition has been added to the game, and is available as a free bonus with a wallet top-up.

Bug Fixes/Changes:

- Improvements were made to the client’s overall stability.
- An issue which caused damage to render incorrectly on the Audi TT RS has been fixed.
- Fixed the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Carbon Limited Edition’s drivetrain and made it a pure RWD.
- Fixed an issue that caused a number of elements in the UI to appear fuzzy when viewing the game on a minimum level of detail.
- Fixed an issue that caused manufacturer logos to appear small in the Car Dealer when viewing the game on a minimum level of detail.
- Fixed a vinyl distortion issue on the Pontiac Firebird Formula.
- Some minor clipping issues were fixed for localized languages.
- Some minor world/environment fixes were made.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: NFS World Christmas patch

Post by Hydro_PT »

I must say I like these new features. Yes, there are more Speedboost things, as usual, but at least we can get visual parts after a race or pursuit. I'm sure they won't be the best, but at least they are free. All my cars are pretty much stock when it comes to bodykits and other visual parts, since I don't want to spend Speedbost to buy anything from EA, and the ones that can be bought with in-game cash aren't unlocked yet. :D

Return to “News”