Lexus IS350 in World and Track Meet

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Lexus IS350 in World and Track Meet

Post by Hydro_PT »

The Lexus IS is a series of entry-level luxury cars sold by Lexus since 1998. The Lexus IS350, which all Need For Speed: World players can now buy for 1500 Speedboost, is part of the second generation of the Lexus IS series (XE20). The IS350 went on sale in 2005 in Japan and North America. Boasting a V6 developing 350 horsepower, the IS model range provides a sporty handling, rear wheel drive sedan for the refined palate. The chassis has been campaigned in the Japanese Super GT race series (GT300 class).

Track Meet

After the success of the Extravaganza Event in November 2011, when each and every event in NFS: World was available to all players, regardless of their level, EA is going to hold now another big event, but this time with a twist! Instead of opening up every single race event, only a handful of them will be made available. The objective is to make sure that players get to compete with as many other players as possible.

For two days only, from Wednesday 22nd February (18:00 GMT) to Friday 24th February (17:00 GMT), a total of 6 events will be available to all drivers who are Level 2 and above. The events are:

- Eagle Drive (Sprint)
- Garden Boulevard (Circuit)
- Rockport Resistance (Pursuit Outrun)
- All In (Team Escape – Tier 1)
- Compromised (Team Escape – Tier 2)
- Most Wanted (Team Escape – Tier 3)

All other events will be temporarily disabled and removed from the map. Tier restrictions will still be applicable. Rewards for these two days will be based on your current Driver Level. The "Race Now" feature will be disabled during this event.
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Lexus IS350 in World and Track Meet

Post by Bauke777 »

No reactions yet?

Well I'm the first then: I missed the previous event, but this one man, this "track meet"... this is

:cry: absolutely horrible :cry:

I mean: loading times were awfully long, once in a race everybody crashed into everybody due to laggy connections, and the amount of traffic was just ridiculous. Looks like every single car in the entire world seemed to be packed inside a race. And for what, why? I'm really curious if anyone liked the event.

O yea, plus we gained some bots whispering numbers. Which was also nice of course.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I have to agree with you. While I really liked the Extravaganza Event, this one just sucked. :| It is true that you could get a lot of players in a single race, but I honestly prefer to race with 3 or 4 players instead of a full grid. When there are 8 players in a race you surely are going to get a cheater, a rammer, lagged connections and everything else in-between. I hate that. Less players = less problems = funnier races (in my opinion).

I hope they don't repeat this event again. I hardly played World during these last days, I completed Treasure Hunt as usually, did a few Team Escapes and spent the rest of the time tuning my cars and cleaning my garage a little bit.

Oh and the Lexus sucked also. I bought it and sold it right after. :lol:
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

I was so glad the pain and agony was over :) we calculated what time it would end, announced at 4 pm pst. And we were actually waiting for the thing to be over, converted to our time it was exactly at midnight. But it only got reset until 2 am.
We indeed got all kinds of players, but the most irritating were the rammers. In this heavy traffic where you were lucky if you could get a turn right someone would always put you in the wall or against another car. How frustrating, you know when your exit speed from a corner is way higher than the other guy, you can just feel him check his mirror where to hit you...

I can't imagine who thought of that at EA. Hopefully the next one will be better. Something original, like indoor racetracks like Race Of Champions or choosing a bike for 2 days to race with :)

Anyways, the lexus was that bad eh. Maybe it was a hybrid, energy label A... ?

Return to “News”