NFS World Starter Pack is back

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFS World Starter Pack is back

Post by Hydro_PT »

The Need For Speed World Starter Pack, which was available from early July 2010 (when the game was launched) to 8 September 2010, seems to have returned. If you don't remember what is the Starter Pack, here's a description taken from NFS Unlimited's Wiki:
Before 8 September 2010, after reaching level 10 and having access to only Tier 1 and certain Tier 2 cars, the player would not be able to progress further in the game, and would cease to earn any more experience points or cash (but the player would still be able to play for an unlimited time). To continue levelling up and unlocking new cars and parts, the player had to purchase the Need For Speed World Starter Pack.The Starter Pack had a price tag of 19.99€ / $19.99 USD / 14.99 GBP, and it contained:

- 8000 Speedboost
- 1-week head-start and increased XP rewards during that first week
- An exclusive Mazda Mazdaspeed 3
- Bundle of power-ups
After 8 September 2010 World was made "free-to-play", which means that any player ran reach Level 50 without having to pay a dime. But now, EA has teamed up with Amazon.com and they are selling three types of Starter Packs: Bronze, Silver, and Gold. Each one comes with different goodies and a different price tag. Even though the Starter Pack is not mandatory anymore, as the game is now free-to-play, players from North America only who are new to the game might find these packs interesting. Here is a list of each one.

Bronze Starter Pack - $9.99 SRP (59% off regular price)

- Mazda MX-5
- 1965 Pontiac GTO "Juggernaut" edition
- 3500 Speedboost
- Uniquely skinned "Venomous" License Plate exclusive

Silver Starter Pack - $14.99 SRP (63% off regular price)

- Porsche 911 Carrera S "Snowflake" edition
- Audi A1 clubsport quattro
- 5750 Speedboost

Gold Starter Pack - $19.99 SRP (67% off regular price)

- Ford Mustang Boss 302
- Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (R34) "Underground" edition
- 8000 Speedboost
COOL_DRIVA
Stock
Stock

Re: NFS World Starter Pack is back

Post by COOL_DRIVA »

Maybe I am the crazy one. Is the silver pack better than the gold. All I need to buy for the silver is a mr2 and I got all nice cars to compete on the leaderboard. Gold pack cars are not easy for racing on the leaderboard :lol:
datass
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by datass »

these prices are outrageous even by ea standards...
User deactivated: Being a total douchebag.
Knewal
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Knewal »

COOL_DRIVA wrote:Maybe I am the crazy one. Is the silver pack better than the gold. All I need to buy for the silver is a mr2 and I got all nice cars to compete on the leaderboard. Gold pack cars are not easy for racing on the leaderboard :lol:

Yep silver pack is the best deal.
Bad thoug thet its US only.
Bumbilek
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bumbilek »

Knewal wrote:
COOL_DRIVA wrote:Maybe I am the crazy one. Is the silver pack better than the gold. All I need to buy for the silver is a mr2 and I got all nice cars to compete on the leaderboard. Gold pack cars are not easy for racing on the leaderboard :lol:

Yep silver pack is the best deal.
Bad thoug thet its US only.
Hey Knewal...
For those who want to buy those packs it's not big deal even they are from Europe (at least , I think). I found somewhere, one guy bought starter pack from Europe by changing shipping address to US. I didn't try, so I can't confirm does it works. :roll:
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

Bumbilek wrote:Hey Knewal...
For those who want to buy those packs it's not big deal even they are from Europe (at least , I think). I found somewhere, one guy bought starter pack from Europe by changing shipping address to US. I didn't try, so I can't confirm does it works. :roll:
nah, not the shipping address. that doesn't matter because it's a digital order. it's the billing address that matters - the address your credit/debit card is registered to (where the bank mails the statements). to buy stuff on the US amazon that address must be in the US i think.

and by the way, @hydro_pt, the starter packs aren't available in canada. i checked. i kinda want the silver... even though i promised myself i wouldn't send EA any of my money for this game :? i'm only level 22 so i could really use it
i have nothing more to add
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

@ianism: Well, most of that was written by EA, I didn't change any of the important information regarding the packs. If it doesn't work in Canada, then for EA North America means United States of America only. :(
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

fair enough. maybe they haven't put it out for canada yet...
i have nothing more to add

Return to “News”