NFS World chat disabled + other news

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFS World chat disabled + other news

Post by Hydro_PT »

After many weeks of constant hacking to the chat system in Need For Speed: World, it seems that the dev. team has no other choice but to disable this feature while it goes under maintenance (security fixes). Even though users will be able to communicate with each others in-game, free roam chat for everyone will no longer be in use. Here's their official quote on the matter:
As of today [11th April], free roam chat has been temporarily disabled. This feature will be undergoing maintenance in the weeks ahead, in order to ensure the best overall chat experience for our community.

Any free roam chat message that you send, will be displayed but not received. Likewise, you will not receive free roam chat messages from other players.

Although free roam chat will be unavailable, players will still be able to communicate through:

- Whisper
- Group (with voice chat)
- Event Chat

For new or existing users, please contact us on our forums, Facebook and Twitter channels for questions or game advice.

Thank you for your understanding.

Cars on sale!

In other news, six cars are now on sale with a 30% discount for limited time: Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione, Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro, Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Carbon Limited Edition, Jaguar XKR, Ford Focus RS, and Pontiac Firebird Formula. If you wanted to have these cars in your garage but thought they were too expensive, here's your chance of getting them.

Volkswagen Scirocco Boy Racer and Toyota Supra Cop Edition

Two new cars are available in World: a custom edition of the Volkswagen Scirocco and a cop version of the Toyota Supra. The first is available in the car lot for 1750 Speedboost, while the Supra is a gift for anyone who buys 50000, 17500 or 8000 Speedboost.
CRYLESS
Stock
Stock

Re: NFS World chat disabled + other news

Post by CRYLESS »

let's just hope they will fix it for good, but it's ea we're talking and I'm not that sure that it will stay "fixed" for a long time!
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

HA! this is hilarious. personally, although i really like the physics in the game, i got bored of world's nonsense a 2 weeks ago after playing for about 3 weeks solid :P
i have nothing more to add
datass
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by datass »

ianism wrote:HA! this is hilarious. personally, although i really like the physics in the game, i got bored of world's nonsense a 2 weeks ago after playing for about 3 weeks solid :P
nfs world doesn't have physics. maybe just gravity but even that fails at times.
User deactivated: Being a total douchebag.
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

nfs world doesn't have physics. maybe just gravity but even that fails at times.
prefer to have what is there than the burnout-style nonsense of Hot Pursuit, the quasi-sim of ProStreet and the stuff in MW/Carbon (never wasted my time with undercover)

but that's just my opinion. i would also like a function to punch hackers in the face, but sadly that is not yet possible over the internet
i have nothing more to add

Return to “News”