New rules for NFS World Leaderboards (16th April 2012)

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
djstevanovic
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

New rules for NFS World Leaderboards (16th April 2012)

Post by djstevanovic »

The leaderboards are now active, which means that all times will load.

New features on the leaderboards starting next week:

- Link to a video next to the track time
- Link to a screenshot next to the track time

From now on, every track time done by a player that places him/her between #1 to #100 (that's first and one hundredth), a screenshot of the end of the race will be required. The player will have one week to upload the screenshot. Any track time between #1 and #100 that doesn't have a post-race screenshot will be deleted.

Starting 1st of May 2012, all Top 20 players for a given track must link a video of the race next to their record. If you don't want other users to see what racing line and powerups you use, just select the option "hide it" - this way only the staff will be able to see the video (make sure that when you upload it to YouTube you check the box "unlisted").

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Djordje
MouS
Stock
Stock

Re: New rules for NFS World Leaderboards (16th April 2012)

Post by MouS »

Guys, this is shiznit... I for example do not have enough capability of the computer to record the video (I'm certainly not the top leader, but do not stop at the achievements. Screenshots is not a problem, but how to be with the top 20?
datass
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by datass »

so basically the person with the most hard drive space takes the top of the leaderboard... sounds reasonable. you know, for ea standards.
User deactivated: Being a total douchebag.
BLAIZ
Stock
Stock

Post by BLAIZ »

A lot of hard drive space it's ok but inprove all track time again it's stupi idea. Why we need again repeat our track times only because EA can't do nothing with cheaters!!
User deactivated: Cheating.
malikinam
Stock
Stock

Post by malikinam »

sounds good to me will come back soon..
Normal track times will load, but track records with in 6 seconds from the #1 will not load! With other words save your power ups until everything is fixed driving for lap records will not work !d leave reply..
malik
djstevanovic
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by djstevanovic »

People you dont have to do all tracks again, just for new times you do, all old times will stay..

About hard disk space, record video, upload to yt, delete video.. How much space you need for this?
MouS
Stock
Stock

Post by MouS »

how much to attempts to get in the top 50 at least, comrades admin? sometimes трасу account for 20-40 times roll to achieve results. And again, what should I do if I can't write the video? I do not have the capacity, even at minimum settings of the game I can't record 18-20fps that did not have a chance to be in the top? I'm sure I'm not the only one, many of the even and you do not know how to) a Very good idea of course, but it at the same time very bad for many honest players.
aline1996
Donator
Donator

Post by aline1996 »

isn't a screen shot ok?
Reality is as Real as we think it is
yuufaisallout
Stock
Stock

Post by yuufaisallout »

Sounds good, but I have 1 issue though. What about for those out of top 100?
LamboGTRLM10
Stock
Stock

Post by LamboGTRLM10 »

Recording for top 20? I'm not sure people can do top 20 times running at 15 fps. :P
User deactivated: carchanger
L04DSN4KE
Stock
Stock

Post by L04DSN4KE »

I meant to post this a few days ago but...

I just started using NFSUnlimited for my record times and to keep track of my crew~

I can understand that you want people to record times to prove they are not hacking, however I believe that this is a flawed request because legitimate players with skills and bad computers can still get record times, however recording the event is a different concept completely. I don't think you realize that not everyone can just decide to start recording their game the second they wish because EA has made a biased game in the sense that "your computer>theirs=your win" that being said....I can barely run this game on minimum let alone record a stupid video to prove that I can do something I know i can do...For example: kelsomafia1 who has successfully managed to pull off 6:45 in a Tier 2 car on Hastings without Powerups. He then tried to record it and the quality of his gameplay went down.

That is the reason why I think you are going to end up destroying your site

Have a good day/reflection

Return to “News”