Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T in World + new patch

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T in World + new patch

Post by Hydro_PT »

The second generation Mitsubishi Eclipse is probably one of the most well-known tuner cars in the world. Its appearance in the movie The Fast and The Furious (2001), driven by Brian O'Conner (Paul Walker), catapulted this car to new heights. The heavily modified green Eclipse became famous worldwide, and even though it didn't last long in the movie, Underground and Underground 2 players certainly made a lot of replicas of this car. However, it has been absent from most Need For Speed games, being only available in Carbon through hex editing. But now, a new, Elite version of this car is available in Need For Speed: World!

Built by Mitsubishi between 1995 and 1999, the second-generation Mitsubishi Eclipse (G2) was available in many different trims, ranging from the base FWD model to the AWD GSX model with turbocharged engine (convertible versions were also available). For 8500 Speedboost World players can now add yet another "Elite" car to their garage: the Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T Elite. This hardtop FWD model is equipped with a turbocharged 2.0-liter 16-valve DOHC Mitsubishi 4G63 engine, which produces 210 hp, and a manual 5 speed gearbox. This gives the Eclipse a lot of power, considering it weighs about 1300 kg.

Being an Elite car, this Eclipse features a fully custom bodykit that cannot be found anywhere else. The roof, pillars and rear hatch were replaced with carbon fibre; new LED driving lamps were added; there is a large transparent panel in the hood to show the highly tuned engine; carbon fibre splitters, side skirts and rear wing; custom wheels and paintjob; custom ELITE license plate and a full set of Race Tuned performance parts. And if that is not enough, a new feature was introduced alongside this car: if you press "K" while in the game you can trigger two massive sub-woofers placed in the trunk, and let everyone know how cool you are.

After the Tier 3 Koenigsegg CCX Elite and the Tier 2 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Elite, Tier 1 players can now enjoy the Mitusbishi Eclipse GS-T Elite. Get yours today!

---------------

In other news, a new patch was deployed yesterday (17th April) and brought the game to version 8.74.

New features:

- An all new 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse (Elite) has been added to the game and is available for purchase from the Car Dealer.
- Exclusive to the 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse (Elite), an aftermarket sound system can be activated by pressing the "K" key

Bug Fixes/Changes:

- Fixed an issue that caused the client to crash when viewing certain Driver Profiles.
- Fixed an issue with the Porsche 911 GT2's wheel geometry.
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T in World + new patch

Post by ianism »

now that is a gorgeous car
i have nothing more to add
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

Why they stopped using the superior GSX.. I don't get it.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

According to what I've read when writing the topic, the GSX is not a superior version. The best 3 models of the Eclipse use the same engine with exactly the same output, and the same 5-speed manual transmission. The only difference (performance wise) is the type of traction: the GS-T is FWD while the GSX is AWD. :) Also, the GSX is a bit heavier than the GS-T (+178 kg).

Anyway, I bought this car. I just love the Eclipse, too bad they don't have the non-elite version available. Ok, the car is cool, is different, but I really like a stock Eclipse. :D
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

AWD > FWD

You wouldn't want a FWD R34 now, would you? :P
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

YaelDjiel wrote:AWD > FWD
Eh... why's that? :D The fact that it is AWD doesn't make it superior, at least in my opinion. It might be better to have an AWD to distribute power more evenly, but FWD cars can be very powerful. Take Chris Rado's drag car. :mrgreen:

The output of both models is the same (210 horsepower), the engine is the same, transmission is the same, and the GSX weighs more. Honestly, if any of the models is inferior, it is the GSX due to the increased weight. :D
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

Hydro_PT wrote:Eh... why's that? :D
Better cornering, better stability, better acceleration (better power distribution as you said already) etc etc.

Also 1300kg isn't all that light, wouldn't want that with the understeer that comes with FWD.

Return to “News”