NFS World Team Escape Challenge - results

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFS World Team Escape Challenge - results

Post by Hydro_PT »

A few days ago EA announced a challenge in Need For Speed: World for the entire community to participate. The prize, according to them, would be an universal code containing an unknown goodie (probably Speedboost or a car). The challenge was simple: all the players together would have to complete more than 700,000 Team Escape events in three days to get the prize. Today the data was retrieved from the server and the results were...

560,885 Team Escape events completed

Unfortunately, since the community didn't reach the 700,000 events required, the challenge will be postponed to another time. And of course, there is no prize for anyone. The developers team said that next time they will provide regular updates as the community progresses towards the goal. Thanks to everybody who came out and ran as many events as they could.
datass
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: NFS World Team Escape Challenge - results

Post by datass »

you had to expect as much from EA :P
User deactivated: Being a total douchebag.
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

They will never make it, 80% already left the game.
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

datass wrote: you had to expect as much from EA :P
well, no... i would maybe hope to get the reward if we were around 670,000+, but we were not close AT ALL. like, if we normally do 500k. 560k is only an 11% increase. this is pretty small.

maybe if it becomes clear people are starting to leave they will keep giving away free stuff to try to make them stay :wink:
i have nothing more to add
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Looking at the last couple of months, I do think EA is doing a lot of things to keep players in the game. Lots of discounts are happening every week. This has to mean something. I just wish they would allow people to buy Speedboost at much lower prices. But then, this skill mods thing really ruined up the game. Cars are slower, that's ok for me, but the lack of ramming power, juggernaut duration, RPM range, nitro power, etc., all of that is now lacking. Even if you spend boost buying the skill mods, you can't install many in each car, which sucks. And this also means that whoever has a nice garage, can now only use some of the cars. I have 66 cars, but I can only tune some of them properly for Team Escape or race, and they are still not as good as they were previously.

I'm not sure if World will reach its third anniversary...
datass
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by datass »

ianism wrote:
datass wrote: you had to expect as much from EA :P
well, no... i would maybe hope to get the reward if we were around 670,000+, but we were not close AT ALL. like, if we normally do 500k. 560k is only an 11% increase. this is pretty small.

maybe if it becomes clear people are starting to leave they will keep giving away free stuff to try to make them stay :wink:
anything BUT make a good game. yeah that sounds about right.

i'm surprized... well disturbed, that World lasted this long. it never really left pre-alpha.
User deactivated: Being a total douchebag.
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

datass wrote: i'm surprized... well disturbed, that World lasted this long. it never really left pre-alpha.
EA and their release deadlines. this game got murdered by the critics upon release because it wasn't ready yet.
i have nothing more to add

Return to “News”