NFS World: introducing Car Classes

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFS World: introducing Car Classes

Post by Hydro_PT »

Car Classes is a new feature coming to Need For Speed: World, which will dramatically change how the cars are organized in the game. So far, the Tier system has worked rather well, but many complain that the stats displayed for each car are not representative of the car's truly performance. To solve that, the dev. team started working on Car Classes. They will be posting blog articles explaining everything about this before the change is released. Here's the first article, which talks about the car's rating, what are the new classes, and how you can change the class of a certain car by adding or removing performance packs. More articles will follow, so keep checking back.
To begin with, a car's overall rating is based on its handling, acceleration and top speed (known as "H.A.T.") stats. When we first started working on Car Classes we knew that we would need to improve the current H.A.T. rating system so that's what we did. We revisited and fine-tuned the system so that it is a more accurate representation of the cars actual performance. As a result of this fine-tuning most (if not all) cars will have different H.A.T. values than what you're used to seeing in the game.

So now that we've got an accurate car rating system we can start classing all the cars into one of the six car classes. Cars are no longer bracketed into tiers, car tiers will not exist after Car Classes is released. Instead, cars will fall into one of the classes below based on their overall rating:

E Class = 0 – 249 rating
D Class = 250 – 399 rating
C Class = 400 – 499 rating
B Class = 500 – 599 rating
A Class = 600 – 749 rating
S Class = 750 – 1000 rating

It's important to note that cars will not restricted to just one class; they will move between classes as you add / remove performance parts onto them. For example, you can take a D Class car and upgrade up to B Class by adding better performance parts onto it. Similarly if you remove those parts from your car it will drop back to its original class. This is purely an example; you'll have to try different combinations of performance parts to see how far you can push a car!

There will also be instances where cars will not be able to drop a class, i.e. any cars that start at S Class.
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: NFS World: introducing Car Classes

Post by honke »

It's important to note that cars will not restricted to just one class; they will move between classes as you add / remove performance parts onto them.

Loll no chance I will remove performance parts from my cars. #-o
Would be the same as throwing away my money. [-X
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

well yeah it always has been. the difference with the new system is that if you take something out, it could make it drop a class so it competes vs. weaker opposition. ;)
i have nothing more to add
StaneSKT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by StaneSKT »

Also their will be new car slots and some boost cars will be with IGC (Jeasus want LFA),so this update maybe will be good.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Yeah, I will post that later, just read the news. They say IGC cars will appear more often, as base cars without performance packs or vinyls. They also said more SB cars will appear. But that is actually good news I think. If most base versions of a car appear as IGC, then I'm good! I only drive 6 cars at the maximum (one for TE/pursuit and another for race, for each Tier), the others I have because I like the car and want to tune it. So IGC cars are nice for me. ;)
pussman
Stock
Stock

Post by pussman »

This is great news, I wish it came sooner. :D I like changes but not the ones that will leave us with bugs and lags.
Jack33673
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jack33673 »

My question is when are they going to fix the chat box?

Return to “News”