NFS World: introducing Car Classes (part 2 & 3)

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFS World: introducing Car Classes (part 2 & 3)

Post by Hydro_PT »

Car Classes is a new feature coming to Need For Speed: World, which will dramatically change how the cars are organized in the game. To explain everything properly before the change is released, the dev. team of Need For Speed: World has been posting some very interesting articles. Yesterday they talked about the new car classes in general, and today's articles focus on "Cars" and "Performance Customization".

There's a lot of info below, but be sure to read it all to fully understand this new change in the game!

Cars:
First off, what was the first thing you did when you logged into Need for Speed World for the first time? You bought a car! One of the many changes that are coming with Car Classes is that we will adjust car prices across all cars. This includes both in-game cash and SpeedBoost prices; they will be adjusted to match each car's performance level. Moreover, because of the price adjustment all the car's resale prices will be adjusted as well. As for Car Repairs, all cars will have the same repair costs which have been adjusted to match the new in-game cash rewards (more on Rewards in a few days).

We are also going to change the amount of in-game cash new drivers' start with from $30,000 to $200,000. More than enough to buy your first car! In fact, with the new starting cash players will have a wider range of choice when it comes to buying their first car.

Next, we are going to remove the level restriction on cash cars. In other words, if the car is in the Car Dealer and you have enough in-game cash and a car slot, you can buy it.

We're also going to increase the number of car slots available to players depending on their driver level. Before, players received a total of three free cars slots as they got two when they created their driver and unlocked an additional slot when they reached level 12. After Car Classes is released players can unlock up to seven slots:

- Two when they create their driver
- One at level 12
- One at level 20 (new)
- One at level 30 (new)
- One at level 40 (new)
- One at level 50 (new)

All players will retroactively receive these new car slots when Car Classes is released based on their driver level! So if you’re already level 50, you can look forward to receiving four more car slots!

One of the most significant changes we're making to cars is that we're going to make most base versions of cars available for in-game cash. To be clear, the base versions are just the cars; they will not come with any performance parts, Skill Mods or visual parts. The selection of in-game cash cars will change every fortnight (two weeks) as we retire and add cars. The number of cars that will be retired / added will not be fixed; instead it will vary from update to update. In a nutshell, you'll see more cash cars more often!

When Car Classes is released we're going to add several new in-game cash cars! At this point we're not saying which cars they will be so the community will have to wait and see. We’re also going to be making a lot more cars available for SpeedBoost purchase as well and they will come with performance parts, Skills Mods and/or visual parts.

One important piece of information that the community should be aware of is that we are going to be permanently retiring all non-base versions of cars that are currently available for in-game cash including:

- All Royal purple cars
- Audi R8 "Darius"
- Mazda RX-7 "Battle Machine"
- Nissan 350Z "Underground 2"
- Chevrolet El Camino "Blue Juggernaut"
- Volkswagen Scirocco "Zack"

Performance Customization
First off, Performance Parts will no longer be bracketed into tiers. After Car Classes is released any part will be able to be installed onto any car! It's very important to note that any existing parts in your inventory or already installed on your car will be substituted by non-tiered parts.

To be clear, NO ONE IS GOING TO LOSE ANY PARTS regardless of whether they are in your inventory or already installed on your car! Essentially, your parts are just going to be renamed to the new part classification as detailed above. Moreover, the old tier 1, 2 & 3 Performance Packs will cease to exist; with Car Classes there will be Silver, Gold and Platinum Performance Packs. Each Performance Pack contains 5 reward cards which can give extra Cash, Power Ups and performance parts, including:

Platinum Pack – At least one Ultra performance part
Gold Pack – At least one Pro performance part
Silver Pack – At least one Race performance part

Ultra parts are the best parts available in the game and provide a massive performance boost, so look out for the new Platinum Performance Packs to upgrade your car class quickly!

Another important change in Performance Customization is how each performance part will change the cars ratings. Whenever you install a part onto your car you'll notice that it will now have an effect on all the cars stats (handling, acceleration and top speed). For example, installing a new engine will give the car increased acceleration and top speed but it will also have an effect on handling. This is because the performance values on the parts indicate how much each car will improve towards its maximum performance ratings for handling, acceleration and top speed, while improving the car overall. In short, parts with strong single values (e.g. top speed) are great, but more importantly, look for parts with multiple high values!

It should also be noted that visual packages sold for Cash will no longer be locked by level. Like Performance Parts, they will be able to be installed on any car regardless of your current level.

Finally, after Car Classes is released all Street Parts will be available for in-game cash in the Performance Shop!
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: NFS World: introducing Car Classes (part 2 & 3)

Post by ianism »

there is very little in all this that i don't like
i have nothing more to add
Jack33673
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jack33673 »

Like what?
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

Some changes eh :shock: I logged on yesterday since a week or 2 orso and the game did change quite a bit! I still have to discover the Drag race thing btw. Only did a couple of races yesterday. But since I didn't have the time to get a decent look at all the changes, so I decided to drop my questions here :)
Oh and yes: I did read all 3 parts of the Car Classes posts ;) but I haven't read every article in the news section

I noticed that all the locked tracks are released. I saw Gray Point which I remembered from Most Wanted (?). So I decided to give it a try, but the maps are limited to a few races. Can't you just pick a track from the map to race on anymore?

I've been wondering this for a long time now: what rewards do you get when you level up? Besides rep and money. Do you get anything else? Since the skillpoints-change, skillpoints are cancelled, and apparently there is no track left to unlock as well.

your parts are just going to be renamed to the new part classification as detailed above
Are the parts actually just renamed, and new values assigned according to the new H.A.T. stats rules? Or is it me that the car looks way faster?
If the actual performanced stayed the same, it would be funny though how your mind plays tricks on you :D I could have sworn it was faster than before. I saw high stats and wooow it looked like it flew off at the start, unstoppable towards the finish :)

So far, the Tier system has worked rather well, but many complain that the stats displayed for each car are not representative of the car's truly performance.
Comparison:
mr2 | class B | HAT 468/704/604
cosworth | class A | HAT 523/731/686

Assuming car performance DID change: mr2 is only on carclass B. But the stats are still kinda vague: the cosworth stats look very good, but I really really doubt if it will ever be faster than the mr2 (haven't tried it yet).
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

I HATE the new car class filtered map. Can't drive the tracks I like, keep running stupid boring Main Street or Silk Road over and over. Yes, I can drive the cool tracks like Savannah Street, Paradise Hotel or Route 55... in an E class car... yay. Not interested at all any more :twisted:

Return to “News”