Porsche Carrera GT debuts in NFS: World

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Porsche Carrera GT debuts in NFS: World

Post by Hydro_PT »

Back when World was still called World Online, one of the first images to surface was a Porsche being driven near the Hickley Field Stadium in Rosewood. More than 2 years later, that car finally arrives in the game: welcome the Porsche Carrera GT!

Without a doubt, this is one of the most recognizable cars ever made, and already has a place of honour in the history of automaking. The development of the Carrera GT can be traced back to the Porsche 911 GT1 and the Porsche LMP1-98, both winning cars at the famous 24 Hours of LeMans. Because of the change in FIA regulations in 1998, Porsche had to drop both these cars, and the plan to build a new LeMans Prototype for 1999, in accordance with the new regulations, was scrapped just 2 days after testing began. Because the Cayenne SUV was being developed at the time, Porsche decided to pull engineering expertise from their motorsports division, and the project to build a new racing car didn't move forward. However, a concept car equipped with a V10 engine was shown at the 2000 Geneva Motor Show, and the interest in the car was so much that Porsche decided to indeed produce it. The first Carrera GT went on sale in early 2004, with a price tag of 440,000 USD (~340,500€). Production ended in 2007, with only 1,270 units made.

Powered by a 5.7-liter DOHC V10 engine capable of producing 612 bhp @8000 rpm, the Carrera GT can reach a top speed of 330 km/h, and accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in just 3.5 seconds. The car weighs 1,380 kg. In accordance to its racing heritage, the Carrera GT is only available with a 6-speed manual gearbox. It is also fitted with Carbon fibre-reinforced Silicon Carbide (C/SiC) ceramic composite brakes, which make an impressive appearance underneath the 19 inch front and 20 inch rear wheels. Similar to other Porsche models, such as the 911, the Carrera GT includes an automated rear wing which deploys above 110 km/h.

If you are a fan of Porsches, or a fan of a true supercar, then the Porsche Carrera GT is a must have. Get this Class S car in your garage today for 8000 Speedboost!

StaneSKT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Porsche Carrera GT debuts in NFS: World

Post by StaneSKT »

This car must be in game from the start of it.
fgee5283
Ricer
Ricer

Post by fgee5283 »

Seems that the Cinques will own the leaderboards for a while again :)
User deactivated: cheating fast times bad cars
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I bought the car simply because it is one of my favourite. I honestly don't care if it is faster or slower than any other car. The sound is amazing, it looks beautiful ingame... it's a really nice car. :D
StaneSKT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by StaneSKT »

Respect people who play for the fun,not 100% to be first.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

I'd get this game ONLY for the Carrera GT. I might give it a try after I finish some other games and get my hands on Forza Horizon :)

Return to “News”