NFS World maintenance patch (13th December)

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFS World maintenance patch (13th December)

Post by Hydro_PT »

To all Need For Speed: World players, please be aware that the game servers will be shut down today (13th December) for scheduled maintenance. The maintenance will take 5 hours. The list of new content and bug fixes is below.

Start time: 21:00 GMT
End time: 02:00 GMT (14th December)

New Features:

- Two new open-class drag events have been added to the game and will be available for daily play ("Skirmish" and "Loop");

- A new feature called "Race Again" has been added to the Post-race flow. Players can now repeatedly race against the same group of opponents without returning to Free Roam by going through the post-race flow within a specified amount of time;

- Players can now earn Rep and reach Level 60! One free car slot will be unlocked at Level 60 and added to the player's garage;

- Extrapolation improvements have been made to give a more accurate representation of a player's position and driving behaviour during a race or in Free Roam;

- New 4-Star Skill Mods have been released! These Skill Mods have the highest range of skill effects in the game, and can be either won from the Lucky Draw or from purchasing various Skill Packs, including the existing Race Skill Pack;

- Winter is here! Festive decorations are now visible around the world, including a winter wonderland which can be found at the Forest Green Country Club at the upper right corner of the world;

- The Koenigsegg CCXR Edition car has been added to the game and will be available for purchase from the Car Dealer;

- New bodykits and hoods have been added to the Aftermarket Shop for various cars.

Bug fixes / changes:

- Rep and Cash Rewards for Class restricted events have been increased by 20%;
- A number of square glyphs appearing throughout text in-game have been fixed;
- Fixed an issue where the game would lock when using the social gadget in the post-race screen.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: NFS World maintenance patch (13th December)

Post by GT3x24x7 »

I am excite!
aline1996
Donator
Donator

Post by aline1996 »

me too :DD
how much will the ccxr be? 8000?
Reality is as Real as we think it is
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

This seems to be a good patch. The last one for 2012 to finish with a bang. :)

I like most of the improvements, especially the extrapolation one. In plain English, that means less lag, right? It has been a day-one problem with World. I can't understand how they haven't managed to fix or at least improve that. Lag will always be a problem when playing online, but constant lag for all players in a MMORG is no good. Two years later, it is definitely not good!

The 4-star skills thing sucks, though. It's all SB... I wonder when EA will stop releasing so much stuff for SB-only. While there's profit, they won't stop, of course, but many players have left already, I'm not sure how long they can "survive" by just releasing cars which cost real money.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Added the timeframe when the servers will be down. The patch will take 5 hours. ;)
aline1996
Donator
Donator

Post by aline1996 »

i hope it means less lag.
4 star skills are ok, just cuz u can win them :p

EA logic: make everything boost and make boost expensive so we make much money..
real logic: make everything boost & igc.. and make boost avortable...(how do you spell that word?? <)
Reality is as Real as we think it is
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

affordable :P
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I think BlackBox managed it. I just had my first race in World that actually looked like a race! There were no cars jumping around and trashing your car against a wall. There was virtually no lag! I could see the other guys taking the corners perfectly, there were 3 of us racing pretty damn close and no problems at all. I really hope this is a permanent fix.

Since I first played this, back in the beta days, I have not seen such a stable and enjoyable race. I'm pretty happy with that. Despite the Speedboost deal, they have fixed one of the biggest problems in the game. :)

If they fix the free roam chat (long gone...) and do punish cheaters, it will be very good. :D
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

Hydro_PT wrote:I think BlackBox managed it. I just had my first race in World that actually looked like a race! There were no cars jumping around and trashing your car against a wall. There was virtually no lag! I could see the other guys taking the corners perfectly, there were 3 of us racing pretty damn close and no problems at all. I really hope this is a permanent fix.

Since I first played this, back in the beta days, I have not seen such a stable and enjoyable race. I'm pretty happy with that. Despite the Speedboost deal, they have fixed one of the biggest problems in the game. :)

If they fix the free roam chat (long gone...) and do punish cheaters, it will be very good. :D
exactly this. i did one sprint race (the Holiday one is AWESOME!) and the sync is much, much much better. the CCXR is 7900 boost, so i won't be getting it.

oh, also the 4star skill mods can be won from lucky draw and (presumably?) treasure hunt. they are not THAT unfair
i have nothing more to add
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Two positive reviews of a patch from credible users.. what sorcery is this? :shock:
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

:lol: That means it is a good patch!

I also like the "race again" feature. Did a few races, mostly drag, and it was awesome, you receive the rewards and get back to play again, no need to find a new lobby. Lag is actually gone! Impressive. :)

I even spent time upgrading some of my cars again for racing. I'm busy with the E and D cars, because I enjoy racing with them. I like fast cars, but slowing down sometimes is fun. If only you could select which car class you want to race with... every event should have an option for that. That way you would only race with cars from the same class. :) Still, the game's match-making system is not bad, but there's always a car from a class above in the race. I was racing with my Charger R/T class E and there was always a Class D in the pack. :P
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

some cars have had their stats adjusted. Impreza HB's are a bit higher. 959 is a bit lower (to keep it out of S). Zonda F is much higher - moved to S class basically...

but yeah it's a lot better, except for the zillions of mclarens floating around now that there's a universal rental code haha
i have nothing more to add
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

That means I have to check all cars to update the car list. Oh god... that takes a lot of time.

Do you mind posting that code? Is it for the McLaren MP4-12C, or for the F1 Elite? I have the MP4, but the F1 is too expensive.
Novacane
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Novacane »

But no more a Lexus LFA for 2.000.000 :(

Return to “News”