Achievements coming to NFS: World

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Achievements coming to NFS: World

Post by Hydro_PT »

For some time now the dev. team of Need For Speed: World has been hinting at a major new feature coming to the game. Various sources, which were able to examine the new game files added after patch, came up with the information that this new feature would be an achievements system, similar do Microsoft's LIVE Achievements, PS3's Trophies, or STEAM's Achievements.

The dev. team has finally confirmed this and achievements were officially announced! In the next few days there will be more info about this, so keep checking back. Here's a sum of all the information so far:

There will be 4 types of achievements, namely:

- Competition Achievements (winning races, outruns, team escapes, etc.);
- Collection Achievements (collecting a certain number of cars);
- Customization Achievements (related to performance and visual tuning);
- Driver Achievements (levelling up, earning cash, beating a certain in-game milestone).

Every achievement has up to 5 ranks to earn, each more difficult to achieve than the last.

Driver Score and Driver Points will also be added. More achievements mean a higher Driver Score. With each achievement there will also be rewards, although it was not revealed which kind of rewards.
StaneSKT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Achievements coming to NFS: World

Post by StaneSKT »

I hope this will be something interesting and I hope creative thing.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I'm just wondering how they are going to find a way to make players spend even more SpeedBoost. I bet they thought of something like that with this system. Every new thing uses SpeedBoost, one way or another.

Anyway, hope the achievements apply if you are a seasoned player. I've been there since the first week, so I have lots of cars, hope to have a few achievements popping up soon. :P
StaneSKT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by StaneSKT »

Yeah, sure I hope that in this way more players will won better things without buying SpeedBoost everyday.

PS. You can post the last two articles from NFSW.
s4nGPeter
Stock
Stock

Post by s4nGPeter »

i think the big question is: will this leaderboard be reset too and will all the times we did be gone?
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

EA said they will reset their leaderboards, and also that the SpeedAPI would have a few things changed.

Most likely our leaderboard will be reset too. We will let you know as soon as possible. ;)

Return to “News”