NFS World maintenance patch (10th April)

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFS World maintenance patch (10th April)

Post by Hydro_PT »

To all Need For Speed: World players, please be aware that the game servers will be shut down today (10th April) for scheduled maintenance. This maintenance will take 9 hours. The list of new features and bug fixes is below:

Start time: 17:00 GMT
End time: 03:00 GMT (11th April)

New features:

- New Achievements system: players can now obtain Achievements after completing specific milestones within the game;
- Achievements badge set now appears in the pre-race, post-race and compare drivers screens, allowing players to show off specific Achievements they have completed;
- A new Achievements Log helps players track achievement progress, customize their Achievement badge set, and claim rewards;
- New Driver Score measures the number of Achievements each driver has obtained;
- The all new Bugatti Veyron EB 16.4 has been added to the game and is available exclusively as an Achievement reward
- 5 new "Achievement Edition" cars have been added the game and are available exclusively through Achievement rewards: BMW M3 (E92), Ford Focus RS, Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2 Valentino Balboni, Koenigsegg CCX, and Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (S30).

Bug fixes / changes:

- Improvements were made to the client's stability;
- Driver Profile screen was removed from the Safehouse;
- Rankings have been removed from the News Feed;
- Fixed an issue that caused the Powerup cross to display an incorrect event label.

Special Note:

Please note that the Need for Speed World Leaderboards will be reset during the patch. This means that all leaderboard data will be removed.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: NFS World maintenance patch (10th April)

Post by Hydro_PT »

Finally, something that will make me play World again. I just love unlocking achievements. :D

I'm curious to see what do we have to do to unlock the Bugatti Veyron... probably it will be really hard and require SB somehow.
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

^^ me too... but since things like IGC collected and parts installed only are counted starting today/tomorrow, people who have tons of cars with parts and millions of $ are going to get screwed over
i have nothing more to add
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Well, this achievements thing is definitely a good addition to the game and will make me play it much more. And for seasoned players like myself, there's tons of rewards waiting once you log in! I spent about 15 minutes claiming rewards, that ranged from aftermarket parts (lowering kits, wheels, custom license plates, window tint), performance parts (street, tuned, pro, ultra), skill mods (2, 3 and 4 stars), mystery card packs, silver card packs, gold card packs... it was amazing. So much "free" stuff! I almost can't believe EA has done this... :D

Now, what about the cars? I haven't unlocked any of them, unfortunately. All the 6 exclusive cars can be earned in a matter of time though, that is, as long as you play A LOT, you will eventually get it. You don't need to spend any kind of SpeedBoost (although this will speed things up, of course). The Bugatti Veyron is the real deal, only after you earn every single achievement available and collect 5000 Driver Score can you get this car. The only achievement that doesn't count for this is the Beta achievement. It gives you 5 cool license plates, but no Driver Score.

Overall, I think this is a great system. It will take a lot of time to unlock some of the achievements, but that's part of it, of course. Too bad performance parts, aftermarket parts, vinyls, total IGC and so on aren't retroactive. They only start to count now. But well, every player is on the same boat. :)
fgee5283
Ricer
Ricer

Post by fgee5283 »

Everything we want to do takes sooo much time since thsi update, only to change my car... last days took about 15 seconds, now, 2 minutes...
User deactivated: cheating fast times bad cars
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

hmmm yeah! i got a couple E92 M3s from the TH and two car prize packs (turned out to be Skyline 2000 GT-R & RX-7 RZ). plus a bunch of parts and stuff. which is cool. but the veyron is virtually unattainable unless you've spend tons of boost on cars: you need 150 cars just to get the CCX. but ah well. i don't even like the bugatti that much lol

you can get the Focus RS just from vinyling and the Fairlady from installing AM parts - neither of which cost anything. both are underrated cars, but if you want, they CAN be sold for slots

still ticked off about the retroactivity, especially regarding performance parts. but i'll bet it's like this simply because they didn't keep track of those before. ah well
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I'm close to getting the CCX, 50 cars to go. The funny thing is that I already own all these cars, except the Bugatti. :D I own the normal edition, of course, not this one, which I think comes with a custom paintjob.

But you actually don't really need SB. You can buy cars with IGC. They rotate every couple of weeks, and I think it doesn't matter which cars you won, but simply how many.

Of course that SB will help a lot. But so far I don't think it is necessary, which is a good thing.
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

yeah it is possible. like buying 4 silvias (they have to be in the garage at the same time) will get you the 2nd-tier nissan achievement. then you can sell them & repeat. need slots though
StaneSKT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by StaneSKT »

I'm agree too. This is the best patch from NFSW, but there are some crazy Achievements.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I just noticed that the total amount of Driver Score available is 6075 (64 achievements). If you "only" need 5000 points to unlock the Veyron, things got a bit easier, right? :D There's at least 1075 points that you don't need.

Return to “News”